GUNS N' ROSES Announces 'Guns N' Roses Was Here': An Exclusive Multi-Brand Retail Experience At Maxfield

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

How is this different from the GnR merchandise crap there was in the early 90s? Big deal. If you don't like, don't buy it... I know I won't.

i suppose the difference is that Guns n Roses actually wrote and released music in the 80s and 90s -- back then i was willing to give all my money to have their music and to watch them play live

now whatever is left of the band apparently is unable to write music -- even thought they are pretty good at writing contracts

also they can not release any kind of music whatsoever -- be it old recordings from guns n roses or new music from guns n aliens -- but they became pretty good at releasing merchandise

so nice!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i suppose the difference is that Guns n Roses actually wrote and released music in the 80s and 90s -- back then i was willing to give all my money to have their music and to watch them play live

now whatever is left of the band apparently is unable to write music -- even thought they are pretty good at writing contracts

also they can not release any kind of music whatsoever -- be it old recordings from guns n roses or new music from guns n aliens -- but they became pretty good at releasing merchandise

so nice!

GnR becomes more and more of a joke, especially Axl. But I don't think that this is something they put a lot of energy in, they probably just signed a contract for them to use their name and image and that's about it. To me this isn't much different from some of the other stuff they put out in the early 90s merchandise wise. I have no affinity with it myself, but I don't have an aversion to it either like some people here apparently do. It's no big deal, it's fun for some fans who dig these items. Whatever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

How are we gonna love this?? :question:

This is happening in Los Angeles, not in some major Latinamerican capital.

Besides, all the merch they brought here sucked ass. We didn't even have lithos for our cities.

Man, that is sad. Truly, it sucks. 

Mine was just a snarky remark at Team Brazil. Veiled sarcasm.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose that is all Guns N' Roses are now, a 'retail experience'. The shows are rather like a retail experience.

Sad but trauuuw....

Just now, killuridols said:

TB has lived many more years in the USA now than they have in Brazil.

Exactly. That's the paradox. 
Obviously it was a TB idea, thinking a lot of suckers will respond. 

Actually, fuck it, it's all Axl's fault, as usual.

9 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Sad but trauuuw....

Exactly. That's the paradox. 
Obviously it was a TB idea, thinking a lot of suckers will respond. 

Actually, fuck it, it's all Axl's fault, as usual.

Yes, that's their idea because they oftenly hang out with models and designers.

I have yet to see TB befriending musicians. They do not. Which is strange. If they want to be managers, GN'R will not exist forever... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

GnR becomes more and more of a joke, especially Axl. But I don't think that this is something they put a lot of energy in, they probably just signed a contract for them to use their name and image and that's about it. To me this isn't much different from some of the other stuff they put out in the early 90s merchandise wise. I have no affinity with it myself, but I don't have an aversion to it either like some people here apparently do. It's no big deal, it's fun for some fans who dig these items. Whatever.

sure, axl, slash and duff likely spent zero energy and effort on all commercial things related to this tour -- they pay people to do that

(but dont say that out loud cause some people like to believe that "axl worked really hard to keep the brand alive" or something to that effect, when anyone knows that all that axl did was corrupt and spoil whatever meaning "GNR" had during all his solo years -- but thats probably another topic)

its a bit offensive because they want people to buy their merch and they do that (merch) very efficiently

but apparently they dont wanna sell any music to people who spent their lives loving their music and who are willing to spend a lot of money on their music

• Like 2

I've been very supportive of GN'R since the reunion started but even I am pretty annoyed by this. Release new music, release old unreleased music or at the very least release something that fans are interested in...

We really don't need more merch.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, that's their idea because they oftenly hang out with models and designers.

I have yet to see TB befriending musicians. They do not. Which is strange. If they want to be managers, GN'R will not exist forever... :rolleyes:

Yea, good points. Probably Axl will take of it for them at that point. Pfft. 

There's a couple of cool things on there. But the majority of it looks like stuff you can get on Etsy for 1/4 of the price. And the Etsy stuff looks better made. :lol:

And wtf is with the candle?? :rofl-lol: