10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

10 hours ago, felixGNR said:

You want gnr to go back playing theatre or half full groupon arenas?

Bucket is a world class guitar player, while Finck has wrote less songs than pitman.

Finck is talented but nowhere near Slash or Bucket imho. Was not good enough to be in guns imho but I can understand why Matt Sorum thought he would be a good rhythm guy to play with Slash. Finck helped texture Trent's stuff and Axl sure wanted to model himself after Trent back then. Looks like Axl eventually came to the same conclusion as Matt when he brought in Bucket as the primary lead guitar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Great show last night! Philly (I Got You instead of Whole Lotta Rosie) is the only show rivaling MSG Night 3 for the best setlist of the Not In This Lifetime tour and easily in the Top 3 shows I've seen from GN'R.

San Antonio had a great set list too... :)

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I thought the decision to play CD´s songs had come from Slash and Duff...Is there anything else about this that I miss?

Anyway..I think that the setlist is pretty good at this point. Of course, no matter what they play always there´ll be fans whishing more and more tunes. Even those who have not been in a single GIG but have whatched them for free online a zillion times. And also I think that they(the band) are not bored at all..I think that the covers, the jams and solos they play for themselves..I mean, I think there´s no inssues over there, they are happy n´rich :lol: and the massive majority of the audience that went to the shows are also happy..So, everything is fine..IMO.

15 minutes ago, Derick said:

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I thought the decision to play CD´s songs had come from Slash and Duff...Is there anything else about this that I miss?

Hmm...Duff said when he listened to the album he could hear what was 'underneath all the layers' and that he approached it differently as a player.   Axl said Duff and Slash asked him which songs was he was interested in so...maybe it was a mutual agreement?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I was most excited about RQ..having a strong finish to that brings the crowd right back into it. It makes the setlist feel so much more complete.

Slash blew everyone away though...god he was incredible last night! People were thrilled by his solos

@IncitingChaos very happy what you enjoy,you review have double worth,because you always are very critic.👍

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Hmm...Duff said when he listened to the album he could hear what was 'underneath all the layers' and that he approached it differently as a player.   Axl said Duff and Slash asked him which songs was he was interested in so...maybe it was a mutual agreement?

I think that Duff was talking about 2014 GIGs when he "back" to the band for that South America tour and then some GIGs in N.A. bc was this time that he needed to listened the songs as a player. What I understood from that China Exchange and Globo´s interview is that was Duff and Slash that took a step forward and started rehearsing the songs and then they asked Axl which ones he wanted to play.Well maybe I misunderstood ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Five CD songs is ridiculous. That stuff is not what sells out the Garden.

Neither does Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession or any Velvet Revolver songs that some of the people on here want.  The songs that sell out arenas are being played, hence 5 sold out NY stadiums and arenas in a year, and the casual fans seem to be happy. There's something for everyone in these setlists, but not everything included will make everyone 100% satisfied. Thats damn near impossible. The band is playing 3 1/2 hours and 30+ and that's giving the fans their money's worth imo. I'd personally like a few changes myself, but if this is it, I'm ok with it.