09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

21 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Is it just me or Jon just sounds terrible on basically all the songs??? I mean, I could sing better than that... (euphemism).

Did he get some chords damage or other condition? It sounds like he isn't even trying...

Old age?

There is a line on the (terrible) new album where he sings "My voice is shot..." It's not a secret. He's been in a steady decline his entire career with a few exceptions when he worked really hard on it e.g. 08-11. But h worked really hard on it for this album/tour, not knowing if he could do it. He did Always for the encore on the first night and blew his voice for the rest of the tour pretty much. He can't even sing the new, low register songs comfortably and the  entire set is picked around what he can get away with with the help of the band. It's pretty sad and must be really hard for him to see Tyler and Axl still killing it when he has to lip-synch to an old live version of the high note in Living On A Prayer. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

There is a line on the (terrible) new album where he sings "My voice is shot..." It's not a secret. He's been in a steady decline his entire career with a few exceptions when he worked really hard on it e.g. 08-11. But h worked really hard on it for this album/tour, not knowing if he could do it. He did Always for the encore on the first night and blew his voice for the rest of the tour pretty much. He can't even sing the new, low register songs comfortably and the  entire set is picked around what he can get away with with the help of the band. It's pretty sad and must be really hard for him to see Tyler and Axl still killing it when he has to lip-synch to an old live version of the high note in Living On A Prayer. 

Holy crap. I wasn't aware.

That's his decision of course, but if I were him, I'd retire. It's cringeworthy to try and listen to him now... and even though I never really liked him, can't help but feel a bit sorry.

9 hours ago, Stro said:

You def don't need a capture board in 2017 to record live streaming video. Most video cards from the past...like 8 years offer it on board, if not, there are tons of free programs to do screen recording. 

Really? Didnt know that... But I wont be home anyway, I'll be at Bon Jovi SPTrip gig. Hope he'll sound better :lol:

Yea, my uncle was in Bon Jovis concert couple of years ago and he was a bit dissapointed because they didn’t play their favorite hits and more with their new songs. I saw his live video in recent years and daamn, it was so terrible.

All those years yelling on top of your lungs will do that to you, guys.

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

He quit smoking cigarettes sometime between the breakup and 2001, and he was seen smoking cigars a few times after that

I wonder if he smoked some cigarettes during the Rock Or Bust Tour. The other band members are chain smoking, at least two packs of Benson & Hedges a day. 

Edited by Sosso

28 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Idiot repetitive question of the year. I want to stream though my iPad and airplay it to my tv. Can someone please tell me how? 

Theres a Multishow app for Android devices where you can watch the gigs on, not sure if its available on Apple devices tho

Edited by default_

Listening to some of the Bon Jovi performance... It's kind of sad. I don't think he abused his voice anywhere near as much as Axl or Steven Tyler, but there's just no power there anymore....

I'd take Mickey over Bon Jovi's powerless voice... And I'm a fan of Bon Jovi.

• GNFNR 1

Okay, so I moved my PC to where the speakers are, connected it trough a long ethernet cable and managed to make the 5.1 speakers work. The thing is that now when i enter to the Multishow website it doesnt detect my VPN extension :)

can someone enter multishow website trough Hola or whatever VPN you are using? I just want to make sure it’s only me or not

Edited by GNRfanMILO