NEW 1993 PRO-SHOT: Saskatoon (Videos Now In OP)

Whats next?  

Set List

It's So Easy
Mr, Brownstone
Live and Let Die 
The Garden
Attitude
Nice Boys
My Michelle
So Fine
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin 'Jive
You ain't the first
You're Crazy
Used To Love Her
Patience
Knockin 'On Heaven's Door
Piano Solo / November Rain
Band Introduction / Drum Solo
You Could Be Mine: False Start / You Could Be Mine
Guitar Solo / Sweet Child O' Mine
Paradise City
Edited by Gibbo

2 hours ago, baldek said:

They leave out staples such as Nightrain, Don't Cry, Estranged, Civil War and that's still one hell of a setlist. 

Thanks a lot to whoever is uploading this!

Yup, they dropped Civil War for the Skin N' Bones tour btw, last time it was played in the UYI was in Auckland, New Zealand.

5 hours ago, Nintari said:

Damn, Axl's voice was on fire that night. 

He was on fire that whole Skin N'  Bones tour.. Slash and him were both possessed.  

Here he is fucking killing Reckless Life at the sow I saw that tour.. Was very unexpected and awesome  \m/

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Holy fuck indeed!!!  @soon !!!!  It's Slash - NOT Izzy - who does the dive-bomb at 1:02.  :dance:@GNRfanMILOomg...I've been wondering who is responsible for that sound - the sound that has driven me pleasantly crazy for the past 27 years - and all this time no one could tell me.  Seemingly no one knew.  MYSTERY SOLVED TODAY.  Life is good.  Life is grand.  It's Slash!!

slash may have "taken" that part after izzy left

duff is playing izzy parts on bass on this intro

Edited by ludurigan

22 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oh crap, it's not 1:02 it's 1:42.  And actually, it's morel like 1:43 really.  I was too excited, couldn't think straight. :lol:

what do you mean? I see nothin in the michelle video

Oh crap, it's not 1:02 it's 1:42.  And actually, it's morel like 1:43 really.  I was too excited, couldn't think straight. :lol:

11 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

So, there's this version where the Frans N' Roses channel steals the video, removes the watermark and then adds the giant "Get Your Dick Out Axl" watermark. Kinda lame. 

11 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Yeah it is very lame. No need for the watermark. Frans did not free this bootleg.

Dude at least i admit in the description box i ripped the video from that guy unlike the people who rip my videos and post them on Facebook or whatever and cut of the watermark and without proper crediting. Did u ever remaster any video with good results and synched it properly with decent audio? Well if you do than u should know how much time it takes to get nice results. And the sign says: AXL GET YOUR VIDEOS OUT and thats just a statement to GnFnR to release some fuckin' proshots asap. And now with this epic Saskatoon video u might see the importance of that.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I am anticipating that a Saskatoon MKV including PCM audio from the CDs will be produced once the DVD and FLAC files are in the wild?

I'd rather have that than the expensive box set!! :headbang:

I Will do a properly deinterlaced mkv with pcm audio (if available) for sure

• Like 2

On 5/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Holy fuck indeed!!!  @soon !!!!  It's Slash - NOT Izzy - who does the dive-bomb at 1:02.  :dance:omg...I've been wondering who is responsible for that sound - the sound that has driven me pleasantly crazy for the past 27 years - and all this time no one could tell me.  Seemingly no one knew.  MYSTERY SOLVED TODAY.  Life is good.  Life is grand.  It's Slash!!! :hahafyou:

He does that a lot in his live playing. Watching enough GNR, Snakepit, VR and SMKC shows, it comes up a lot.

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

slash may have "taken" that part after izzy left

duff is playing izzy parts on bass on this intro

Nooooo...don't do that to me...don't 'throw a spanner in the works'! :lol:  I'm going to go with Slash being the originator of that sound for my own peace of mind. lol

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

OK...bear with me here.  So there's this particular guitar sound in My Michelle that's kinda tacked onto the end of the main riff (but not every time).  You can hear it at 1:43, although nowhere near as prominent as studio version.  Apparently, it's called a dive-bomb?  When I was 15 years old and first heard the song (on cassette!) that sound stood out to me and just made the song for me.   I used to rewind the tape (which was a pain the arse) over and over just so I could hear that sound.  I know, weird thing to get obsessed about but hey.  And frustratingly, that studio sound is never played live, at least not loud or clear enough to hear.   Anyway, I always wanted to know if it was Izzy or Slash making that sound but no-one could ever tell me.  Fast forward to yesterday and I finally got my answer - Slash.  I guess I still don't know who does it on the studio version.  I'm thinking Slash though.

25 minutes ago, moreblack said:

He does that a lot in his live playing. Watching enough GNR, Snakepit, VR and SMKC shows, it comes up a lot.

Yeah, that's why @soon said it was a Slash thing to do.  It's not very Izzyish is it?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Nooooo...don't do that to me...don't 'throw a spanner in the works'! :lol:  I'm going to go with Slash being the originator of that sound for my own peace of mind. lol

OK...bear with me here.  So there's this particular guitar sound in My Michelle that's kinda tacked onto the end of the main riff (but not every time).  You can hear it at 1:43, although nowhere near as prominent as studio version.  Apparently, it's called a dive-bomb?  When I was 15 years old and first heard the song (on cassette!) that sound stood out to me and just made the song for me.   I used to rewind the tape (which was a pain the arse) over and over just so I could hear that sound.  I know, weird thing to get obsessed about but hey.  And frustratingly, that studio sound is never played live, at least not loud or clear enough to hear.   Anyway, I always wanted to know if it was Izzy or Slash making that sound but no-one could ever tell me.  Fast forward to yesterday and I finally got my answer - Slash.  I guess I still don't know who does it on the studio version.  I'm thinking Slash though.

Yeah, that's why @soon said it was a Slash thing to do.  It's not very Izzyish is it?

Yeah, Slash does a similar thing to end the main riff in MBS too I noticed recently!  Just a little thing is a dive bomb is most commonly associated with the use of a whammy bar, but produces a similar enough sound - I just cant think of a closer term to use to describe it?  Maybe others can?  Or its likely that is the best term - its what Id use at band practice at least. Its where he quickly slides or bends up in pitch with a punctuated "staccato" effect and then slides back down, further down then staring point, in one continuous sound and motion.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1