NEW 1993 PRO-SHOT: Saskatoon (Videos Now In OP)

one of the best versions of the garden by far. love that psycho look he gave :) 

this saskatoon gig needs releasing in it entirety 

iirc johnny cash was the pizza delivery boy at milton keynes. anyone remember that ??

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Nooooo...don't do that to me...don't 'throw a spanner in the works'! :lol:  I'm going to go with Slash being the originator of that sound for my own peace of mind. lol

OK...bear with me here.  So there's this particular guitar sound in My Michelle that's kinda tacked onto the end of the main riff (but not every time).  You can hear it at 1:43, although nowhere near as prominent as studio version.  Apparently, it's called a dive-bomb?  When I was 15 years old and first heard the song (on cassette!) that sound stood out to me and just made the song for me.   I used to rewind the tape (which was a pain the arse) over and over just so I could hear that sound.  I know, weird thing to get obsessed about but hey.  And frustratingly, that studio sound is never played live, at least not loud or clear enough to hear.   Anyway, I always wanted to know if it was Izzy or Slash making that sound but no-one could ever tell me.  Fast forward to yesterday and I finally got my answer - Slash.  I guess I still don't know who does it on the studio version.  I'm thinking Slash though.

Yeah, that's why @soon said it was a Slash thing to do.  It's not very Izzyish is it?

you mean at 0m43s on this studio version?

5 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, Slash does a similar thing to end the main riff in MBS too I noticed recently!  Just a little thing is a dive bomb is most commonly associated with the use of a whammy bar, but produces a similar enough sound - I just cant think of a closer term to use to describe it?  Maybe others can?  Or its likely that is the best term - its what Id use at band practice at least. Its where he quickly slides or bends up in pitch with a punctuated "staccato" effect and then slides back down, further down then staring point, in one continuous sound and motion.

you mean similar to this long, extended one at the intro of baby rann?

(and again at 1m45s)

17 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Source for that? 

I don't think he looked like a "clown" or sounded bad. 

You must be very young, age is a perspective depending on where you are personally.

56 is far from "old" ;)

"it will be the most he has cared in 26 years" is your assumption, not fact.

56 is old for Axl. I am 41 yrs old and I look like I am 28. I am full of energy. Axl did not age well.

Remember Mick Jagger at 56? Jaggar in his fifties was more energetic than Axl was in his 40's. And this is a person that was/is a big drug addict.

Not only did Axl waste his talent away while he was secluded in Malibu all of those years, but his health as well. The guy didn't even bother hiring a personal trainer to get him in shape for the NITL tour.

1 hour ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Not only did Axl waste his talent away while he was secluded in Malibu all of those years, but his health as well. The guy didn't even bother hiring a personal trainer to get him in shape for the NITL tour.

Breaking his leg was probably the best thing that could have happened to Axl - his doctor was probably like "hey idiot lose some weight" and he was forced to get in decent shape while rehabbing

He messed with the foam all through the Tokyo 92 videos too.  I think it was just a nervous habit.  He's said before he feels "naked" on stage cause the others all have their instruments to hide behind and he doesn't.  So I think that's why he was so theatrical with the mic and mic stand back then.

Also he was probably rrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll fucking high on drugs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

56 is old for Axl. I am 41 yrs old and I look like I am 28. I am full of energy. Axl did not age well.

Remember Mick Jagger at 56? Jaggar in his fifties was more energetic than Axl was in his 40's. And this is a person that was/is a big drug addict.

Haha! "56 is old for Axl" :D 

You are determined to paint a negative picture so there is no need even bother trying to have a normal or sane conversation with you. 

FYI- Axl has a personal trainer, one of the best in LA. ;) 

• Like 3

Off topic... but since we're all excited about yet another UYI tour show being leaked to the public...I would pay anything to get a copy of the video for Caracas, Venezuela 92' (either pro shot or aud shot) and Bogota, Colombia 92' (pro shot).  For me Caracas is the rarest show of the South American Tour in 92' together with Colombia and one that carried its own history in terms of the events that happened in Caracas while Guns was playing and thereafter... 

While the chances of the pro-shot version that was filmed by GNR's crew leaking are slim (we've only seen the pro-shot snippets of civil war, sound check and a full interview to Duff in Caracas by a Venezuelan TV channel)  I would settle to see at least  the audience shot video of the show (Caracas), which I know exists as it was even posted for some time long time ago in YouTube but was removed sometime after.. Unfortunately I could only watch "part" of the show once and when I tried looking it up again to continue watching it had already been removed  :wow:  

Has anyone else here seen the "aud shot" video of Caracas 92'?

Hopefully more pro-shot shows (or even decent aud-shot versions) make it out to the public in the coming months/years (since we already know all shows of the UYI tour were filmed pro-shot by GNR's film crew anything is possible...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donny said:

one of the best versions of the garden by far. love that psycho look he gave :) 

this saskatoon gig needs releasing in it entirety 

iirc johnny cash was the pizza delivery boy at milton keynes. anyone remember that ??

Johnny Cash was the pizza delivery boy at milton keynes ??? 

Can´t believe that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Haha! "56 is old for Axl" :D 

You are determined to paint a negative picture so there is no need even bother trying to have a normal or sane conversation with you. 

FYI- Axl has a personal trainer, one of the best in LA. ;) 

Of course Axl has a personal trainer, I'm sure many celebrities do. Doesn't change that fact that he has far less energy on stage than he used to. 

Looking forward to seeing the "couch" portion of this show, I won't spoil it but they have some special guests serving them beer onstage (and if I recall correctly, serve the audience too). Also there is a incident/moment in the show where people thought Axl was going to freak out and storm off stage, but thankfully, he didn't (it will be interesting to see his body language/facial expressions  up close to see if he was actually on the verge or not)

• Like 1

I just bought Rose In The Wild standard edition (2CD/1DVD) for $118.45 USD including shipping from Japan.

I went to the very first Skin N' Bones show in 1993 (Austin, TX) and it was one of the top 5 concerts I have ever attended. 

The thought of having a pressed pro-shot DVD and SBD discs from that tour was very enticing. I couldn't resist!

I enjoy collecting silver bootleg discs. My very first pressed bootleg disc was GN'R's Samurai Volume 3, purchased in late October of 1993.

I might be crazy but I just had to have the Saskatoon set. :headbang:

I'll share the Rose In The Wild contents, although I am sure Saskatoon will be all over the place before my set arrives. :lol:

What would be the better buy, Rose In The Wild silver set or the AFD Super Deluxe Edition? Think about it...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I just bought Rose In The Wild standard edition (2CD/1DVD) for $118.45 USD including shipping from Japan.

I went to the very first Skin N' Bones show in 1993 (Austin, TX) and it was one of the top 5 concerts I have ever attended. 

The thought of having a pressed pro-shot DVD and SBD discs from that tour was very enticing. I couldn't resist!

I enjoy collecting silver bootleg discs. My very first pressed bootleg disc was GN'R's Samurai Volume 3, purchased in late October of 1993.

I might be crazy but I just had to have the Saskatoon set. :headbang:

I'll share the Rose In The Wild contents, although I am sure Saskatoon will be all over the place before my set arrives. :lol:

What would be the better buy, Rose In The Wild silver set or the AFD Super Deluxe Edition? Think about it...

I have what's probably a stupid question but something I've always wondered about:

I always see bootleg collectors and sellers point out if a bootleg is on a silver disc. Why is that? I honestly have no clue why that matters. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have what's probably a stupid question but something I've always wondered about:

I always see bootleg collectors and sellers point out if a bootleg is on a silver disc. Why is that? I honestly have no clue why that matters. 

This is because bootlegs on burned media have NO value. I wouldn't have purchased Rose In The Wild if it was on CD-R and DVD-R.

eBay will soon be flooded with CD-R and DVD-R copies of Saskatoon, WATCH OUT! There is little honor among thieves!

I wanted to ensure I got the original source, while I could...

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rockphantom said:

This is because bootlegs on burned media have NO value. I wouldn't have purchased Rose In The Wild if it was on CD-R and DVD-R.

eBay will soon be flooded with CD-R and DVD-R copies of Saskatoon, WATCH OUT! There is little honor among thieves!

I wanted to ensure I got the original source, while I could...

Gotcha. OK. I've always wondered that and I never ask. There's no quality difference, right? It's more about the ethics of it? 

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

a silver disc is factory-made, exactly like a regular CD/DVD you buy in a regular music store

a burnt CD-R is home-made

a silver disc may last "forever" if you take good care of it

a burnt CD-R may stop working anytime EVEN if you take very good care of it

• Like 1