Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe there is someone so sad that they trawl through youtube getting people's clips removed! 

This person literally thinks they are doing the band a favor!  In that old 2013 thread here a poster emailed the person behind it and they said this in response to why they were taking stuff down:

it is not your content to put up. you did not create the content nor did you pay for the content to be created. Therefore you do not have the right to put the content up on your youtube channel. It is property of Guns N Roses.

Like, this person is not only dead wrong about it from a legal standpoint, they also are big headed enough to think that they are acting on behalf of GNR

If GNR actually gave a shit about a show from 1993 being on youtube, they would take it down themselves!  Lol 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe there is someone so sad that they trawl through youtube getting people's clips removed! 

I can believe it. You have to be somewhat insane just to be a normal fan of this band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If GNR actually gave a shit about a show from 1993 being on youtube, they would take it down themselves!  Lol 

Exactly! The footage of the show is great and timing impeccable! If GnR wanted it taken down, they could do so. GnR certainly doesn't need a fan acting on its behalf! 😡

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm in the middle on that one. 

I think part of it for one of the people doing this is then thinking they're helping the band. However, I think the rest of it comes down to just wanting attention and fucking over actual fans of the band. 

I can't argue with your take on it either haha.  Well at least now even if they try the Uzi thing again on youtube under a different name, it looks like we as fans finally have a solution to combat the silly and petty behavior!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waemoth said:

The mix of Noblesville is really strange, and Axl just sounds a bit... off throughout the show. Yeah, a 1991 pro-shot would be super cool, Wembley, Mannheim, Inglewood, Mountainview or the first night in Toronto in particular. Imagine one of those with the same sound quality as Saskatoon... 

That would be impressive! Noblesville has arguably the worst mix, except for maybe the Rock In Rio shows, I just hate the way Duff and Slash sounds, and no Izzy 🙃. Axl sounds bad, I hope that these proshots have a good showing from Axl; 91 is very hit or miss with him.

• Like 1

I see the show uploaded and accessible from 3 different people on youtube..

On a side note I watched the whole show the other night but was so hammered I hardly remember.  I was already gone before I started it so I'll have ti try that one again ;) I have watched clips of it several times over the week though and it is such a great great show.. The band sounds awesome.. Axl sounds awesome the whole show.  Just straight up live the way it is.. No re-remastering or overdubs.. They were on fire in 93... 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I see the show uploaded and accessible from 3 different people on youtube..

On a side note I watched the whole show the other night but was so hammered I hardly remember.  I was already gone before I started it so I'll have ti try that one again ;) I have watched clips of it several times over the week though and it is such a great great show.. The band sounds awesome.. Axl sounds awesome the whole show.  Just straight up live the way it is.. No re-remastering or overdubs.. They were on fire in 93... 

Seeing shows like these really make you wonder why on earth the band hasn't released this show, or other from the S&B Tour, officially? 

What is wrong with showing how great your band was in their prime?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Seeing shows like these really make you wonder why on earth the band hasn't released this show, or other from the S&B Tour, officially? 

What is wrong with showing how great your band was in their prime?

The issue is that the classic performances from the Golden Era (1987-1993) make the NITL show appear as a sad parody of what once was. I blame Mickey and Frank! :lol:

Comparing the modern incarnation of the band to the classic lineups from the 20th century via an official archival DVD release may hurt ticket sales.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 4

To follow up, when I first watched the Saskatoon DVD I said to myself "You know what, I really don't need to see Guns N' Roses live, ever again."

Saskatoon makes it very obvious that the GNR "magic" (for a lack of a better term), that enthralled me as a teenager is long gone....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

To follow up, when I first watched the Saskatoon DVD I said to myself "You know what, I really don't need to see Guns N' Roses live, ever again."

Saskatoon makes it very obvious that the GNR "magic" (for a lack of a better term), that enthralled me as a teenager is long gone....

I need to see Slash to show him my guitar

Just now, rockphantom said:

+1 to this. as much as we can agree or disagree about the newer (that is post 2000) GNR lineups, nobody can ever deny that the AFD/UYI era can't be ever repeated or matched. 

personally, I was too young when they did the huge show here in Prague in 1992. the first show I witnessed was in 2006 and boy it was a ride! then in 2010 it was weird - they started about 2 hours after the openers, when people were already starting to leave and demanding refund, and the show itself was quite uninteresting - already lots of Mickey and most of the band members were meh (with the exception of Richard Fortus, who was on fire and stole the show for me!). then, during NITL, they were here again in 2017, but I decided not to go, because it was already too much a nostalgia cash grab, with Mickey all over and nothing new to see at all. so I've realised it's not worth even thinking about seeing this band (in any incarnation) again.

then Saskatoon surfaced and I was like... FUCK... THIS IS GRAND! and this is GNR in their prime :) probably only a 91 tour proshot with Izzy might beat this (yeah, we have RIR and Noblesville, but the first one is wild and the other one is weird).

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

We have St Louis 1991 as well but it's weird too haha!

Is there a proshot of the Dallas July 8 or 9, 1991 show? I remember the show vividly in my head but it's the last time I saw GnR live.