House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

This was fucking years ago and has no relevance anymore.

All the shit axl did for chinese must have been awful. 

Yes i did get a boner over blood in the water, but come on now Geffen/universal must have tried to rip his arms off to get it released if it was that good.

1 minute ago, MrMojo said:

Wonder if they'd sell a cop for the right price, maybe not though in case of previous legal stuff and all that jazz.

I seriously doubt that, because it's a publishing label with almost no publications.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sosso said:

I seriously doubt that, because it's a publishing label with almost no publications.

Very true. Just been curious about that, I know how complicated Guns have been in the past legally bit surely a publishing company would sell a copy for the right price, if there was a legal agreement in place and no party or parties obstructing it. Or then again maybe I have way too much hope for a scenario like that to come through after all the leaks down through the years :facepalm::lol:

Best bet would be some sort of contract license agreement where an indie label would purchase the rights for distribution in physical media. I always thought it would be interesting if a company like Shout Factory were able to get a deal. They could start out by contracting Making Of Trilogy. Scan and transfer everything for a Bluray release. If the work was liked they could go in and do Tokyo 1992 and go from there if they were able to make money off the releases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

Best bet would be some sort of contract license agreement where an indie label would purchase the rights for distribution in physical media. I always thought it would be interesting if a company like Shout Factory were able to get a deal. They could start out by contracting Making Of Trilogy. Scan and transfer everything for a Bluray release. If the work was liked they could go in and do Tokyo 1992 and go from there if they were able to make money off the releases. 

Eagle Rock is known for scoping up unreleased live shows and releasing them on Blu Ray - not sure they'd go for this since it probably isn't in HD

The 1991 warmup show that was shot on film would have a better chance

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Eagle Rock is known for scoping up unreleased live shows and releasing them on Blu Ray - not sure they'd go for this since it probably isn't in HD

The 1991 warmup show that was shot on film would have a better chance

Eagle Rock has released loads of standard def Blu Rays. Like, they've got at least a dozen from the Rolling Stones alone :lol: I wouldn't say that's a disqualifier at all. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

While we're on the topic of this somehow ever getting released...............now that everyone's seen it, who would still buy it?

I say this being 100% honest; I would. 

I'd buy it if the audio and video were better & it had a few extras like on the Appetite For Democracy Release. How much do you think it would cost to licence or buy it? (I'd buy it regardless).

Edited by MrMojo

Just now, MrMojo said:

I'd buy it if the audio and video were better & it had a few extras like on the Appetite For Democracy Release. How much do you think it would cost to licence or buy it?

I was referring to just a standard Eagle Rock, bare bones release. If it were just the show, in DVD quality, I'd spring $20 for it for sure.

Just now, RussTCB said:

I was referring to just a standard Eagle Rock, bare bones release. If it were just the show, in DVD quality, I'd spring $20 for it for sure.

Oh sorry misread it, HELL YEAH I'D STILL BUY IT.

• Like 1

What about House of Blues 1/1/01 bundled with Rock in Rio III?

If the band still has the multi-track audio from Rock in Rio III, Eagle Rock could mix it so it doesn't sound like shit. On the video side, they'd have to pay one of the stations that broadcast Rio for their master tapes

Sell the disc as "Guns N' Roses Presents Chinese Democracy: Live" or something

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

What about House of Blues 1/1/01 bundled with Rock in Rio III?

If the band still has the multi-track audio from Rock in Rio III, Eagle Rock could mix it so it doesn't sound like shit. On the video side, they'd have to pay one of the stations that broadcast Rio for their master tapes

Sell the disc as "Guns N' Roses Presents Chinese Democracy: Live" or something

This is a great idea. Think it'd sell pretty well too.