Slash interview Classic Rock magazine

I get why people analyze and debate their comments but Slash has said in so many words they intend to record new music.

He was being careful not to make it as some sort of official announcement as they haven't hit the studio yet. Fans however, keep twisting and interviewers keep asking so he tried to make it a little more clearer.

Each statement gets more revealing. Hopefully this time people get it. They have talked and want to record. It's a well known fact Axl has many songs. He himself said he has vocals done on things and showed some stuff to Slash and Duff.

I think he may have been worried about revealing too much at first.

• Like 2

I'm honestly happy for the people putting faith in what Slash has to say, but I'm just saying people just look at it objectively. 

Think of it this way: what if I'd started a thread last week titled "Who is thos quote from?" and the body said "Hey, can someone help me out, I can't remember who said this back in 2002: 'Axl has a ton of stuff recorded. We hope to finish it up soon, then a new record should be out sooner or later'" 

Every person would've replied Richard or Dizzy. 

So it just doesn't make a lot of difference to me that Slash is saying it now because he's just plain saying the same thing everyone else has said for the last 16 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm honestly happy for the people putting faith in what Slash has to say, but I'm just saying people just look at it objectively. 

Think of it this way: what if I'd started a thread last week titled "Who is thos quote from?" and the body said "Hey, can someone help me out, I can't remember who said this back in 2002: 'Axl has a ton of stuff recorded. We hope to finish it up soon, then a new record should be out sooner or later'" 

Every person would've replied Richard or Dizzy. 

So it just doesn't make a lot of difference to me that Slash is saying it now because he's just plain saying the same thing everyone else has said for the last 16 years. 

I think Slash, and to a lesser degree Duff, having an expectation of recording new music before the next large-scale tour outing is quite different than Fortus or Pitman making off the cuff comments about new GNR music back in 2004.  I'm not saying it will come to fruition in a timely matter, but Slash speaking on the subject holds a million times more weight than Axl's hired hands.

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

˄ However, this is not Axl's solo project any longer, where he's the sole boss and the hired guns have to do as he says. Slash or Duff wouldn't let anyone (...) fuck with them. They are famous musicians. Etc. 

When did Slash and Duff recover ownership In Guns N Roses and how much do they own? The fact of the matter Is, If this version of the band disintegrates, they better pack it in or plan on playing venues like The Hard Rock Hotel In Las Vegas which holds 4,000. I can't Imagine that a version of Guns N Roses minus Axl, Slash and Duff will be tolerated again after reuniting for 3 years. 

With the kind of money Slash and Duff are currently making, they would probably be willing to eat more shit than you think. 

...Axl’s got a ton of shit that he got recorded already, so we’re just going to get in there and just start getting into that thing...

doesn't sound as if slash and duff are about to contribute significantly to the writing. so ain't no new gnr record but an axl solo #2 under the name of...

and thanks for the killer guitar melodies, slash

2 minutes ago, bucketOtrouble said:

...Axl’s got a ton of shit that he got recorded already, so we’re just going to get in there and just start getting into that thing...

doesn't sound as if slash and duff are about to contribute significantly to the writing. so ain't no new gnr record but an axl solo #2 under the name of...

and thanks for the killer guitar melodies, slash

Exactly, Axl will have the final say, as he always has. 

Thing is it's not depended on Slash.

Even if Axl had said this, which he basically did during the chinese exchange, I wouldn't believe it until there were an official release date announced.

I believe that they'd like to do another record but writing new music, getting into a studio for recordings and actually releasing something are three totally different things when it comes to Mr Rose.

But just for fucks sake... imagine Slash is right with what he says and there will be a circle of touring, new music, touring, new music, touring, new music etc.

:drool:

14 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think Slash, and to a lesser degree Duff, having an expectation of recording new music before the next large-scale tour outing is quite different than Fortus or Pitman making off the cuff comments about new GNR music back in 2004.  I'm not saying it will come to fruition in a timely matter, but Slash speaking on the subject holds a million times more weight than Axl's hired hands.

That's the thing though, and maybe I could actually start a different thread for this particular debate: but me personally? I don't view Slash & Duff as anything more than "Axl's hired hands" these days. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing though, and maybe I could actually start a different thread for this particular debate: but me personally? I don't view Slash & Duff as anything more than "Axl's hired hands" these days. 

I agree, there Is nothing to prove otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Slash indicating that new music would be Axls NuGuns songs with Slash and Duff tagged on kinda is in keeping with the hired hands status though

You don't know what's in the vault snd what Axl has recorded vocals gor over the years. There could even be stuff from the mid 90s

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You don't know what's in the vault snd what Axl has recorded vocals gor over the years. There could even be stuff from the mid 90s

Oh, that's an intersting angle. Slash's wording strikes me more like its NuGuns era tracks though:

"Axl’s got a ton of shit that he got recorded already, so we’re just going to get in there and just start getting into that thing"

Its true he could be saying that 'Axl has got in his possession all sots of demos including the aborted 90s sessions' for us to work on. But, I read it more as Slash referring to stuff Axl recorded independent of Slash. 

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, that's an intersting angle. Slash's wording strikes me more like its NuGuns era tracks though:

"Axl’s got a ton of shit that he got recorded already, so we’re just going to get in there and just start getting into that thing"

Its true he could be saying that 'Axl has got in his possession all sots of demos including the aborted 90s sessions' for us to work on. But, I read it more as Slash referring to stuff Axl recorded independent of Slash. 

I read it as well more the way you do but everything is possible, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soon said:

I sure hope they release an album from the 90s stuff! Barring some tragic event they definitely have those recordings too.

I would be totally ok with a mixture of everything. Axl's best things, Slash's new ideas, some of the 90s stuff.

Actually I would be ok with new music at all but unfortunately I don't think we'll get some anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

But if Slash and Duff genuinely want to record, I think it's at least a conversation, whereas with the rest I doubt they ever had the balls to confront Axl on the issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I would be totally ok with a mixture of everything. Axl's best things, Slash's new ideas, some of the 90s stuff.

Actually I would be ok with new music at all but unfortunately I don't think we'll get some anytime soon

Seriously, I would take any new music, especially with Axl’s vocal in 2008 Chinese Democracy quality.  

A lot of opinions on here. I too don’t love the idea of Bucket and Robin’s solos getting deleted, but it’s a price I am sure we’d all pay to get ANY new Guns album, especially with Slash and Duff 

I’ll believe it when i see it  

glad Slash is communicating with the press and, indirectly, fans! The virtual media black out for 28 months was bizarre.  

44 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Seriously, I would take any new music, especially with Axl’s vocal in 2008 Chinese Democracy quality.  

A lot of opinions on here. I too don’t love the idea of Bucket and Robin’s solos getting deleted, but it’s a price I am sure we’d all pay to get ANY new Guns album, especially with Slash and Duff 

I’ll believe it when i see it  

glad Slash is communicating with the press and, indirectly, fans! The virtual media black out for 28 months was bizarre.  

I don't see why folks are so adamant this stuff is CD stuff being reworked. It's been a decade since that. Beyond that, it could be nothing more than barely worked-out melodies or lyrics equivalent to the ditties Slash has on his phone. It could be but why assume it? I find it a bit hard to believe that Slash and Duff would be cool with reworking NuGuns stuff. Playing it live is one thing, it's really nothing more than a cover just like Axl doing Slither, but slapping your name to it is something else.