Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do you assume that Axl has a "cold nature" towards Izzy? They played together not that long ago and Axl has been amiable and friendly towards Izzy in interviews these last years (and we know Axl has no qualms about attacking Izzy when angered). So are you basing this assumption on nothing but the fact that GN'R and Axl couldn't reach an agreement re: Izzy's involvement in the NITL tour? If so, that seems to be wildly jumping to conclusions more based on existing prejudices than evidence. 

hmm no

shall i revisit the where's izzy sign incident

btw i like axl's rants wish he would bring them back into the fold

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If it helps you to answer my question, yes. 

no you guys have hammered at me im not gonna continue dis 

but since you're tone is more polite i will 

1) the where's izzy sign incident - axl made a light joke of it then presumably instructed fernando to remove it (kind of small time move)

2) the inteview with globo - izzy doesn't do what he says - izzy calls BS it was about splitting the loot - axl sort of implying izzy is flaky when in fact not the case

3) he introduced DTJM into the playlist 1 of 2 new deep cuts - a song entirely written by izzy touché move 

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

1) the where's izzy sign incident - axl made a light joke of it then presumably instructed fernando to remove it (kind of small time move)

2) the inteview with globo - izzy doesn't do what he says - izzy calls BS it was about splitting the loot - axl sort of implying izzy is flaky when in fact not the case

3) he introduced DTJM into the playlist 1 of 2 new deep cuts - a song entirely written by izzy touché move 

SMKC was playing DTJ on the tour before NITL started, that was probably part of it. Also because the only other song that was a real staple on 91/92 UYI they aren't playing now is Bad Obsession. 

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Izzy's not flaky at all! He played 4 show in Japan 19 years ago, what more evidence do you need that he was up for touring the world for years at a time?

• Haha 2

I'll use the house analogy again.

Four guys own a house they built together. There was a 5th guy earlier on but they threw him out because they thought he might burn the place down so now he spends his time hanging out at the local tavern bragging about the nice house he used to live in and complaining that he doesn't get invited to parties there anymore.

Eventually, one guy decides that he doesn't want to live in the house or own the house anymore and asked for the others to buy his share of the house so he can be free and clear of it. They do. Now 3 people own the house.

Those 3 aren't getting along so 2 of them decide they're not going to live there anymore. They don't sell their share of the house, but they move out and let the last guy live there. The last guy left appears to own the house and can mostly do what he wants with it, but the other 2 are still responsible for some of the upkeep, have to pay property taxes, approve any major renovations, etc....

Sometime down the road, the 3 realize they're being silly and that their house is now worth a lot more money than it was when they built it. After finding out exactly what they would make if they sold their house, they sell their house and split the money mostly equally, with the guy who lived there the entire time getting a slightly bigger percentage.

Then after years of not caring who was living in the house or what kind of condition it was left in, the 4th guy gets wind of how much money his former partners are about to make selling it and calls them up demanding an equal cut of the loot.

Wouldn't be fair to give him one, would it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I'll use the house analogy again.

Four guys own a house they built together. There was a 5th guy earlier on but they threw him out because they thought he might burn the place down so now he spends his time hanging out at the local tavern bragging about the nice house he used to live in and complaining that he doesn't get invited to parties there anymore.

Eventually, one guy decides that he doesn't want to live in the house or own the house anymore and asked for the others to buy his share of the house so he can be free and clear of it. They do. Now 3 people own the house.

Those 3 aren't getting along so 2 of them decide they're not going to live there anymore. They don't sell their share of the house, but they move out and let the last guy live there. The last guy left appears to own the house and can mostly do what he wants with it, but the other 2 are still responsible for some of the upkeep, have to pay property taxes, approve any major renovations, etc....

Sometime down the road, the 3 realize they're being silly and that their house is now worth a lot more money than it was when they built it. After finding out exactly what they would make if they sold their house, they sell their house and split the money mostly equally, with the guy who lived there the entire time getting a slightly bigger percentage.

Then after years of not caring who was living in the house or what kind of condition it was left in, the 4th guy gets wind of how much money his former partners are about to make selling it and calls them up demanding an equal cut of the loot.

Wouldn't be fair to give him one, would it?

Start a new development, a new block of houses and cut a deal moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, Chester 524 said:

hey you say Izzy has great songs on all 11 albums.  I cant seem to find them.  can you give me a list so I can try to give them another listen?  I'm not trolling, I seriously want to know what the good songs are so i can give them another try.  I just remember being very underwhelmed at each of Izzys albums when I played them thru spotify or YouTube, etc.  maybe I didnt give them a fair shot. 

so...... I realize that everyone who has contributed to this thread probably hasnt read every single page, but I have to say that I'm pretty surprised that not one fan who thinks "Izzy is the greatest thing since Axl hid above a doorway in the Estranged video" has responded with a brief list of the awesome songs Izzy has contributed to the world with his solo work. 

I'm seriously asking.  I quit on his solo work after 117 degrees.  everything I heard after that album sounds boring (this coming from a guy who loves weather forecasts - which Izzy seems to give one every album)

but I'm willing to give it another shot.  can someone give me a 10 song playlist from Izzys solo career that I can listen to in the gym tomorrow?  

Edited by Chester 524
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I still don't get it. I assume you refer to the sign Dizzy held up in the Don't Cry video. What joke did Axl make? Did he ask Fernando to remove the joke? You lost me.

Just implying that Izzy is flaky is a considerate way to refer to him. That sounds like a friend who don't want to criticize him friend too much.

Douche move to play DTJM? I don't know. It could just as well be looked at as a tribute.

1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

so...... I realize that everyone who has contributed to this thread probably hasnt read every single page, but I have to say that I'm pretty surprised that not one fan who thinks "Izzy is the greatest thing since Axl hid above a doorway in the Estranged video" has responded with a brief list of the awesome songs Izzy has contributed to the world with his solo work. 

I'm seriously asking.  I quit on his solo work after 117 degrees.  everything I heard after that album sounds boring (this coming from a guy who loves weather forecasts - which Izzy seems to give one every album)

but I'm willing to give it another shot.  can someone give me a 10 song playlist from Izzys solo career that I can listen to in the gym tomorrow?  

Not gonna make any 1 rep max gains listening to Izzy. You’ll just wanna lay in some grass.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just implying that Izzy is flaky is a considerate way to refer to him. That sounds like a friend who don't want to criticize him friend too much.

That's exactly how I took it when Axl/Duff addressed it in that interview. They could have said he wanted too much money or criticized him if they wanted to, but they gave the "Izzy's Izzy" thing which wasn't ripping him. It came off exactly as you describe it, trying to explain how he is without being negative about it. It's the same tone Duff has in his book when he talks about Izzy coming and then going a couple of times because Izzy's Izzy so they didn't expect anything different. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

cool - DJ toured a lot more so he's better

any other argument you want to agregate before you patten the cure for insomnia 

Wouldn't DJ be a comparison to Slash? But, either way, I didn't say touring more means you're better, I think it means you're more interested or willing to, you know, tour. 

Izzy didn’t want to tour with a money burning dictator and a bunch of zombies... he didn’t want to deal with finding a lead singer... he didn’t want to play for peanuts. 

So... god damn... flakey. Like a delicious pie crust.

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 2

remember last year when several thousand fans signed a petition asking Izzy to do a performance (I was one who signed).  the petition just asked for a solo performance, not a reunion. we also stated we would support it financially by either going to the show or paying to watch it streamed online. 

Izzy didnt even acknowledge the petition!  wow he is so cool!  

and he didnt show up to any NITL rehearsals!   cool!  

well I guess I'll go listen to FP Money right now.  I think the FP stands for "this song is Fucking Pointless"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

No one wants to do you any favors by making you a playlist I guess 😂

I’m not one of those “Izzy is the greatest thing” people but I really enjoy “Like a Dog” and “Concrete”. 

If you’re going to go in there and expect AFD or Lies or UYI, don’t bother. Izzy is a cool cat and is a bit laid back for your traditional GNR sound. IMO. 

Edited by Its Tino

I always thought the “Where’s Izzy?” sign was not so much a dig at him as anticipating what everyone at home would be saying when watching the “DC” video. Like a bunch of teenage girls “OMG! Where’s Izzy!?!?”. More of a joke at the audience’s expense IMHO...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

I always thought the “Where’s Izzy?” sign was not so much a dig at him as anticipating what everyone at home would be saying when watching the “DC” video. Like a bunch of teenage girls “OMG! Where’s Izzy!?!?”. More of a joke at the audience’s expense IMHO...

It felt like an inside joke, breaking the 4th wall kind of thing. Just a way to acknowledge that Izzy isn't there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I still don't get it. I assume you refer to the sign Dizzy held up in the Don't Cry video. What joke did Axl make? Did he ask Fernando to remove the joke? You lost me.

Someone held up a Where's Izzy sign near the beginning of the NITL tour and Axl pointed it out on stage and kindly shrugged it off saying something like "that's a good question, I don't know".  No anger or hate or maliciousness or frustration was shown on Axl's part

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Me too 👍