Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

13 minutes ago, sl4yer said:
20 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Atlas / Hardschool isn't a leak, I made the youtube video with that in it and just put imsorry's edit of the old checkmate snippet next to the 3 second atlas snippet.

You are wrong

Elaborate?

2 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

That's kinda good tho, it keeps everything on one spot so we don't have to sit up all night and firgure stuff out

Yeah I agree 100%. I use to jump between boards commenting and stuff. I enjoyed some of the boards for different people and friends who stuck with certain boards. Over the years most of them have disappeared. I still have a few left. But I also use a different username now than I use to back in 2004. The only problem now is reddit, discord and other sites. 

Just now, ApacheChief42 said:

Nah man, I'm the reason people believed a new Hardschool snippet leaked yesterday, it was just a misunderstanding

It leaked today and it is not something you are talking about.

Just now, sl4yer said:

You misunderstood. Yesterday he re-uploaded a fan remix of the old checkmate clip from 2006, and people thought it was a legit leak.

then today/last night (depending on your time zone) the actual new clip leaked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sl4yer said:

I know about that clip, I'm talking about the "higher quality original snippet" people were talking about yesterday

The "Every chance was given" one 

• Thanks 1

I know about that clip, I'm talking about the higher quality original snippet people were talking about yesterday

Ah ok so I misunderstood you. I thought you say that "To extend myself" leak is fake

Hardschool definitely blows several CD tracks out of the water, even as a 22 second leak. Great to hear full power Axl on something "new".

Harder to have an opinion of the cell phone recording of Atlas; it seems to have an interesting melody and I think I caught a time signature change towards the end of the clip.

If the current line up are reworking any of this material, I hope this lights a fire under them and forces them to release it instead of toy trucks and beach towels. Either way, exciting times!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flake said:

I’m kinda glad they didnt put these songs on cd. Now we get to enjoy them with slash and not with those other hacks

assuming Slash doesn't butcher'em like he did with the CD songs.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

When Brian Wilson released Smile decades after it was intended to release, didn't he include a lot of different takes of the songs?  I feel like there's a great potential for Axl to do something similar with ChiDem era stuff. 

Indeed, it was an entire boxset. Had everything from mastertapes, demos, to instrumentals, Acapella tracks. It's different from his 2004 version that was a rerecording. Both are great though

59 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

When Brian Wilson released Smile decades after it was intended to release, didn't he include a lot of different takes of the songs?  I feel like there's a great potential for Axl to do something similar with ChiDem era stuff. 

He could easily put it on iTunes for like $99 for all 20 CDs.  And make bank on it

20 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

If the current line up are reworking any of this material, I hope this lights a fire under them and forces them to release it instead of toy trucks and beach towels. 

I'm afraid that it may have the opposite effect and halt the process of working on a new album, if they're reworking any of this material. I think Axl wouldn't want any old versions out there - and probably Slash wouldn't either.

Edited by Blackstar

7 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

I remember reading that Jackie Chan was supposed to be in a Jackie Chan movie, and now Jackie Chan is called Hardschool, with lyrics that doesn't seem to fit the movie. Are they even the same track?

Duff said in 1996 (before Slash quit) that GnR was gonna do a song for a Jackie Chan film, and Axl jokingly referred to the old checkmate clip as Jackie Chan in his 2008 forum chats. There’s no garuntee that the song Duff was talking about was really Checkmate/ Jackie Chan/ Hardschool, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I'm afraid that it may have the opposite effect and halt the process of working on a new album, if they're reworking any of this material. I think Axl wouldn't want any old versions out there - and probably Slash wouldn't either.

I think at most it would force the hand on a track list unless they decided to scrap it. Honestly I would prefer they scrap the old tracks anyways. I’d much rather hear the original performance on a track than someone copying or trying to “make it their own”. But that’s just me. 

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Duff said in 1996 (before Slash quit) that GnR was gonna do a song for a Jackie Chan film, and Axl jokingly referred to the old checkmate clip as Jackie Chan in his 2008 forum chats. There’s no garuntee that the song Duff was talking about was really Checkmate/ Jackie Chan/ Hardschool, tho.

Gotcha

The biggest and closest film to 11/08/2000 on the village cd tracklisting for hard school would be Rush Hour 2 which was released 03/08/2001.

The chorus is a massive let down. These sessions were clearly uninspired and milking the little time Axl spends in the studio.

If i was a record exec and heard these i would definitely choose the tracklisting that ended up on chinese.