Atlas Shrugged, 1 Minute Clip **NO LINKS** 7 Day Suspsenion For Asking For Links**

36 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

It sounds like toward the end of the clip, he says something like... 

“I’d be the last to say, don’t follow your heart *inaudible* ....what it takes to be a man.”

I can’t make out what he says in the middle of that line. 

I'd be the last to say don't follow your heart, but there's more to what it takes to be a man"

PS..this song is going to be legendary :D

Edited by NRomanov
Misspell
  • Like 1

Looking forward to hearing this one in full even more than hardschool or the general

Brian may on it too

so far just the 3 second studio clip, n the 1min cell phone version but who knows.

15 minutes ago, NRomanov said:

I'd be the last to say don't follow your heart, but there's more to what it takes to be a man"

PS..this song is going to be legendary :D

Ahh that sounds right. That’s it. Yeah, this song is going to be great. Sounds like an epic Axl ballad. I need to hear it in it’s entirety NOW. I wonder if it will come out eventually with slash and duff re recording guitar and bass parts? Either way I’d like to still hear this version first!

oh why should i try and judge the things they say,

that just wont budge, i'm letting go,

oh a shelter for the blind, still you managed to be kind,

enough to show me how to keep it together

when my heart's crying out in pain,

no matter who's to blame there's still a way to go 

so if you ask me to believe your heart won't follow you,

it's got a mind of it's own.. 

when it says run, and the road gets tough,

and you're the one, who's shoulders just ain't wide enough,

who's shoulders shrug, when they've had enough.

I'll be the last to say don't follow your heart,

but there's more to what it takes to be a man,

been what you've....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

oh why should i try and judge the things they say,

that just wont budge, i'm letting go,

oh a shelter for the blind, still you managed to be kind,

enough to show me how to keep it together

when my heart's crying out in pain,

no matter who's to blame there's still a way to go 

so if you ask me to believe your heart won't follow you,

it's got a mind of it's own.. 

when it says run, and the road gets tough,

and you're the one, who's shoulders just ain't wide enough,

who's shoulders shrug, when they've had enough.

I'll be the last to say don't follow your heart,

but there's more to what it takes to be a man,

been what you've....

Nice job! Amazing lyrics, in my opinion. If it really is true that all of this music was going to be released, “and then the reunion happened”, then Axl sold out his life’s work (20 years of it anyway) and musical legacy to playing with slash and duff again for a partial reunion and the money it came with. For shame. If it’s really true that the reunion stopped 2 albums worth of music from being released, then the reunion was the worst thing to happen. As a fan, if I got to choose between 2 albums, or seeing Axl, slash, and duff (sans Izzy), playing the same tired setlist for 3 years, I’d choose new music.

• GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Nice job! Amazing lyrics, in my opinion. If it really is true that all of this music was going to be released, “and then the reunion happened”, then Axl sold out his life’s work (20 years of it anyway) and musical legacy to playing with slash and duff again for a partial reunion and the money it came with. For shame. If it’s really true that the reunion stopped 2 albums worth of music from being released, then the reunion was the worst thing to happen. As a fan, if I got to choose between 2 albums, or seeing Axl, slash, and duff (sans Izzy), playing the same tired setlist for 3 years, I’d choose new music.

I dont think the reunion stopped the album from coming out. Bumble and DJ both left, so it's likely that the album would've been delayed anyway until Acl lined up their replacements. Moat likely the songs will still come out but itll be with slash and duff on them.

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I think it’s pretty dumb to think that Gn’R today, being a multi-million dollar company, would be leaking 20 year songs to see if hardcore fans (10% of their real fanbase, being generous) liked it or not.

I think this is more a result of Axl being insecure and spending 13 million dollars on an album. Just think all the people who were involved at some point or another. Axl played unreleased material in strip clubs and aftershow parties, FFS.

Nah, it's never dumb to think about different scenarios. In 2006 the hype was pretty big around the leaks. People talked about the songs and the final released songs where slightly different from the demos. Some of the changes might have been affected by peoples respond or not. Who knows. Axl being insecure about his material, might want to know how the world reacts to it before he releases it. Of course it's a more realistic scenario that some random just leaked it. Like I said, this is not something that I necessarily believe in, but crazier things have happened in this world and it's fun to think about different scenarios.

6 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Nah, it's never dumb to think about different scenarios. In 2006 the hype was pretty big around the leaks. People talked about the songs and the final released songs where slightly different from the demos. Some of the changes might have been affected by peoples respond or not. Who knows. Axl being insecure about his material, might want to know how the world reacts to it before he releases it. Of course it's a more realistic scenario that some random just leaked it. Like I said, this is not something that I necessarily believe in, but crazier things have happened in this world and it's fun to think about different scenarios.

“Thinking about different scenerios” is pretty much all we got as gnr fans lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Latest rumour is that atlas will not be leaking anytime soon. The guy who got us hard school was fucked over in a trade so atlas is no go for now 🙁

That's a bummer if true. It's crazy with these leaks though. We'll probably never know the exact story behind how this one happened. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Didn't mean to cause a fire. From what I understand, there's just the 1 minute "cell phone clip" floating around. I thought it had been discussed at length already here, but I guess not

Yeah, I tought it was a new clip :lol:

Not interested, not listening, no excitement whatsoever. If the band wants me to listen to their music they shall fucking perform it on stage or release it officially. If they don't want to share it - fine. There's plenty of great artists out there dying for a little and much more deserved attention. Better things to do than wasting my precious lifetime for some shitty quality demo clips. It's 2019 for fucks sake, I have bootlegs from 1987 that sound better than this.

2 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Not sure if you were around during the last years of the NuGNR lineup but things were really dark at that time, nothing pointed to a new release, it was more like the opposite.

Im pretty sure most of us tought Axl was done.