2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Trying to figure out the Silkworms lyrics since we now have this remixed studio version to fill in the missing pieces

I think this is pretty close - guessing whoever remixed it changed "demons" to "semen" with ProTools to be cute, but Axl sang "demons" live for sure so I kept that:

Silkworms

Listen motherfuckers to the song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter is more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking virgin - you know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots - isn't that a shock?

Chorus:

What can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have...I ask of you

I'll be damned if it's not true

Nobody's got to know

Silly little dreamer with your head down to the stars

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic preachers - baby I know you are

Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

Chorus:

But what can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have...I ask of you

Everyone knows about you

A bitch like you

Edited by TheSeeker

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Trying to figure out the Silkworms lyrics since we now have this remixed studio version to fill in the missing pieces

I think this is pretty close - guessing whoever remixed it changed "demons" to "semen" with ProTools to be cute, but Axl sang "demons" live for sure so I kept that:

Silkworms

Listen motherfuckers to the song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter is more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking virgin - you know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots - isn't that a shock?

Chorus:

What can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

Nobody's got to know

Silly little dreamer with your head down to the stars

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic preachers - baby I know you are

Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

Chorus:

But what can I do with a bitch like you?

You know that it's true

All I have I ask of you

Everyone knows about you

A bitch like you

Isn't that absurd?

Just now, Gackt said:

Searching google for the leaks only brings up this topic..savage :lol:

because, as I stated above, these are in fact fanmade, no matter their original source with BBF guitar hasn't leaked - yet.

Just now, zombux said:

because, as I stated above, these are in fact fanmade, no matter their original source with BBF guitar hasn't leaked - yet.

If these are fanmade, then where did the new Axl vocals come from ("isn't that absurd?" and the vocalizing before the slow part).

I think these are remixes, but they are legitimate.

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If these are fanmade, then where did the new Axl vocals come from ("isn't that absurd?" and the vocalizing before the slow part).

of course they are legitimate, BUT they are not studio versions. source of these "leaks" are the unleaked BBF guitar tracks. those had BBF guitar in left channel and the old demo in right channel. 

now someone (= a fan) just cut the left channel out and mixed the right channel to dual mono.

search for imsorry at soundcloud, he already did the same with Going Down a few months ago.

The definition of "fanmade" is getting a little stretched here.

THIS is what I'd call "fanmade"

That's where someone took a soundboard of the 2002 live version of The Blues, mixed it with the studio version of Street of Dreams and tried to create a studio version. That's what I call "fanmade"

These latest leaks are most definitely legitimate Guns N' Roses studio tracks. Whether or not someone manipulated parts of the sound doesn't really matter one way or the other. A "fan" did not "make" these.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

Well they are edits. Constanzo is credited with digital editing on CD. Maybe they were 2006 Bumblefoot/Costanzo digital edits? But I remember Axl said Bucket added a solo to Oh My God, but that might have already leaked. Plus someone talked about a Silkworms remix I think. 

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Do you have proof these are fanmade?

yes I do have. someone who has the complete tracks with BBF sent me a screenshot from Audacity (or similar audio program), with channel comparison. left+right channel from todays "leaks" are identical to right channel of the ones with BBF guitar.

and no, I don't have the ones with BBF guitar so I can't share them. maybe they'll get out soon as well.

Personally I don't care for Silkworms at all. Never liked the 2001 version and this leak changes nothing for me. I've always loved OMG though and I really like the breakdown (for lack of a better term) in this version.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The definition of "fanmade" is getting a little stretched here.

THIS is what I'd call "fanmade"

That's where someone took a soundboard of the 2002 live version of The Blues, mixed it with the studio version of Street of Dreams and tried to create a studio version. That's what I call "fanmade"

These latest leaks are most definitely legitimate Guns N' Roses studio tracks. Whether or not someone manipulated parts of the sound doesn't really matter one way or the other. A "fan" did not "make" these.

I dare to disagree with you, my friend. if you take ChiDem multitracks and manipulate with them to create something, you get "fanmade" stuff, albeit sourced from studio tracks. and these "leaks" are the same story.

yeah, they're not really "fan created", but definitely NOT originals from the studio.

Just now, zombux said:

I dare to disagree with you, my friend. if you take ChiDem multitracks and manipulate with them to create something, you get "fanmade" stuff, albeit sourced from studio tracks. and these "leaks" are the same story.

yeah, they're not really "fan created", but definitely NOT originals from the studio.

I get what you're saying. I'm nowhere near the audio authority many others are, so I'm certainly not in a position to say something definite. Not trying to start an argument with you or anything :)

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

yes I do have. someone who has the complete tracks with BBF sent me a screenshot from Audacity (or similar audio program), with channel comparison. left+right channel from todays "leaks" are identical to right channel of the ones with BBF guitar.

and no, I don't have the ones with BBF guitar so I can't share them. maybe they'll get out soon as well.

Axl said there was a new version of OMG with a Bucket solo. Given that Constanzo digitally edited CD, could this be the new version after Ron had added his parts to the new Bucket version. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get what you're saying. I'm nowhere near the audio authority many others are, so I'm certainly not in a position to say something definite. Not trying to start an argument with you or anything :)

sure, I'm not an internet fighter either :) just trying to say that these are not real demos from Axl's studio, but stuff edited/manipulated by some other person, using yet-unreleased demos. so I get people are excited about hearing Silkworms first and also another version of OMG, just they should know these are not "genuine" :)

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

Axl said there was a new version of OMG with a Bucket solo. Given that Constanzo digitally edited CD, could this be the new version after Ron had added his parts to the new Bucket version. 

I still have to listen to them again (I'm at work at the moment), but this new OMG has Bucket solo, or not?

these come from circa 2006, when they were given to Bumble, to glue his guitar track onto them.

I'd say the original tracks come from 2000 or 2001, because they indeed include Bucket, but that's just my guess.

• Like 1

Just had a chance to listen to both..

Silkworms is full of energy and I like the direction it's headed, the added verse and bridges give it a lot of extra intensity.  However, it feels odd without the well-known chorus (What can I do with a bitch like you?) and the quieter moment in the third section feels completely out of place.

As for Oh My God, felt like business as usual until the second chorus..then I started to miss the drums, but the funky guitar lead is easy to jam to :P the guitar solo is a major improvement also.  The outro is definitely the best part of the song.

Both songs at this stage still needed a LOT of work before I'd have considered them strong enough to stand with the material released on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1