2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl still called it The Blues in a 2006 interview. Make of that what you will.

Cool, thanks for sharing :thumbsup: funny how the song was basically finished in 2001, but it didn't get its name until years later.

45 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Found this recently in an older thread. This was apparently the tracklisting according to BestBuy before it was changed last minute:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Scraped
3. Shacklers Revenge
4. Street of Dreams
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. Riad N The Bedouins
10. Sorry
11. IRS
12. Catcher in The Rye
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute

I gave it a listen the other night and I think I prefer it in that order. Not totally sold on the placement of CITR so late in the album, but Scraped works really well as track 2, leading into Shacklers.

I think what was released is one of my favourite running orders of all time.

Three rockers, four not so rockers, two rockers, Sorry, IRS and the three epics at the end.

I'll listen to your running order later.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Found this recently in an older thread. This was apparently the tracklisting according to BestBuy before it was changed last minute:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Scraped

3. Shacklers Eevebge

4. Street of Dreams

5. If The World

6. Better

7. This I Love

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad N The Bedouins

10. Sorry

11. IRS

12. Catcher in The Rye

13. Madagascar

14. Prostitute

I gave it a listen the other night and I think I prefer it in that order. Not totally sold on the placement of CITR so late in the album, but Scraped works really well as track 2, leading into Shacklers.

Man, I love geeking out with stuff like this.

Remember that big-ass 8 page thread I started about CD not having aged well? I was talking out my ass. Hard School has reminded me how much I love Chinese Democracy.

We have most of the 99 album now, right? 

If so, what was the original running order or that and what are we missing? 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We have most of the 99 album now, right? 

If so, what was the original running order or that and what are we missing? 

We have 9 tracks from the '99 album, and we can assume it also would've included Atlas, Madagascar and I'm Sorry. Possibly also Silkworms and/or Oh My God. So, if the '99 album was also meant to be 14 tracks, there's only 1 that we haven't heard in some form...

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

We have 9 tracks from the '99 album, and we can assume it also would've included Atlas, Madagascar and I'm Sorry. Possibly also Silkworms and/or Oh My God. So, if the '99 album was also meant to be 14 tracks, there's only 1 that we haven't heard in some form...

OK, cool.

So....and bare with me here: we never had a Sorry leak, right? So if we used that along with all of these recent leaks and the oldest Madagascar leak around, we'd be pretty close to the 99 album, right? 

We just need Atlas to round things out? Or am I missing something? 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

OK, cool.

So....and bare with me here: we never had a Sorry leak, right? So if we used that along with all of these recent leaks and the oldest Madagascar leak around, we'd be pretty close to the 99 album, right? 

We just need Atlas to round things out? Or am I missing something? 

Yea, that's pretty much it. Scraped, Shackler's, Sorry and TIL demos never leaked (I don't count Chicken Dinner as a demo, since it's not really), but if you add the 2001 RTB mix of Madagascar, the album version of Sorry, and Atlas whenever it leaks, you'll pretty much have the '99 album.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, that's pretty much it. Scraped, Shackler's, Sorry and TIL demos never leaked (I don't count Chicken Dinner as a demo, since it's not really), but if you add the 2001 RTB mix of Madagascar, the album version of Sorry, and Atlas whenever it leaks, you'll pretty much have the '99 album.

Right on, thanks. That's what I was thinking but I lose track of all this shit so easily lol. 

Well damn... It's cool to know (hope, I guess) that sooner than later we could be listening to what should have been the 99 album. 

Based on the recent demos alone, I'm convinced the record would have had a much bigger impact if it had been released way earlier in that form. 

• Like 1

The one on reddit (which I assume is what you guys are referring to) is FAKE.

It's evader's version. Again. Like it always is.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right on, thanks. That's what I was thinking but I lose track of all this shit so easily lol. 

Well damn... It's cool to know (hope, I guess) that sooner than later we could be listening to what should have been the 99 album. 

Based on the recent demos alone, I'm convinced the record would have had a much bigger impact if it had been released way earlier in that form. 

Agreed. After listening to the early versions, there's no logical reason the album couldn't have been released by christmas 2000, right before the comeback shows.

• Like 3

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

The one on reddit (which I assume is what you guys are referring to) is FAKE.

It's evader's version. Again. Like it always is.

Thanks. 

Not sure why so many people fall for the same stuff, especially when it's never been evaders intention to fool anyone with his remix. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed!

While the actual release has more than a few dated moments, there are a few sounds used on the demo that have not aged well so for that reason 2008s Chinese reigns supreme. I'd love to hear the 99 material with the mastering and mix quality (not necessarily the same... Definitely not as many layers😋) of CD though. Think it could have sounded a lot rawer than what we got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Anyone remember the 2002 tour promo video they did? Almost all of the song snippets they used for that promo sound exactly like these early versions. Very interesting to see how this album was originally “supposed” to sound. 

Good point. Any idea what’s happening next in this saga buddy? Atlas?

10 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Anyone remember the 2002 tour promo video they did? Almost all of the song snippets they used for that promo sound exactly like these early versions. Very interesting to see how this album was originally “supposed” to sound. 

yes. that opening Chinese Democracy riff is very similar to the leaked one, I noticed that. the promo version is of course cleaner and adjusted, but the riff sounds the same to me.