10/04/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

alfierose

So no COMA this time? I am having second thoughts regarding attending next Friday's Austin gig. 
It appears the low 1 day ticket price ($120) is justified by the curfew that forces the band off stage by 10pm.

When I last saw GNR in Austin, on February 23, 1993, the band didn't go on until 10:10PM!! How times have changed!!

Of course, the 1993 lineup of GNR could run circles around the NITL band....

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

So no COMA this time? I am having second thoughts regarding attending next Friday's Austin gig. 
It appears the low 1 day ticket price ($120) is justified by the curfew that forces the band off stage by 10pm.

When I last saw GNR in Austin, on February 23, 1993, the band didn't go on until 10:10PM!! How times have changed!!

Of course, the 1993 lineup of GNR could run circles around the NITL band....

Coma was played.

19 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

That clip is from 1991, near the beginning of the UYI Tour (St. Louis).
The band was a well-oiled machine in 1993!

Go watch the Saskatoon 1993 DVD for proof...

That's indeed a great show. They were having fun. 

Something like that

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman?
Wish You Were Here?

November Rain
Black Hole Sun?
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Paradise City

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Great show and great atmosphere. GNR and its fans were re differently a minority and the band a novelty, but that's understandable even the different types of music genres and people attending. It was cool to see alot of non GNR fans take the time to admire and enjoy the show. 

It's funny when you observe these people as they are drawn to the band, as today's younger generation and music loves, don't understand what a rock n roll band, or rock stars are. 

The band. Tight as usual, and Axl seems to be in the zone. A number of people around me (non GNR fans), were amazed at his energy, stage presence and vocal range. 

Small cool little moment between Axl and Melissa. Axl got up on the ramp behind Frank and ended up towards Melissa's side. 

Melissa seemed to have had a coughing fit, and Axl stop, put his arm around her to see if she was alright. He must have said something to her, as they had a laugh together, but that made her cough again, and Melissa did a shoo type moment with her hand, like you would to a dog, to go away. It was all in good fun. 

Really great to see all members having fun, and more so Axl. 

This look right mate

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman?
Wish You Were Here?
November Rain
Black Hole Sun?
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Paradise City

@kiwigunsWas the crowd on the tame or wild side? Was it possible to relax and enjoy the show or did you have to keep your guard up at all times like at a pure rock/metal show?

I have a standard GA ticket and I'm planning for next Friday's show. I would appreciate a heads up on the mood of the crowd.

Even though it will be a different group of people, the vibe should be similar.

I am glad you had fun in Austin! I lived there for 13 years and had more good times than bad. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

Great show. 
Axl was in good spirits. 
He actually sounded pretty good on most everything. 
They had to cut some of the covers due to time restrictions (fine by me)                                
Slash is at his musical Apex. It’s as if his guitar has become a part of his body.                       
The crowd seemed very confused by Better and Chinese Democracy.                        
Seeing Axl do Slither live was a highlight.      
In 2006 I would have said there would have been a better chance that you would find a unicorn in a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow as the world ended than Axl Rose singing a Velvet Revolver song on stage with Slash in front of 50,000 people.    
Im bummed they didn’t do Yesterdays. Fingers crossed for next week. 
Can’t believe I get to do this all over again next Friday. I’ve traveled the world seeing them but this was my first time getting to see them at home. 
This was Guns first performance in Austin since February of 1993. 
And if you want to see a set list a die hard could love look up that 1993 show on Setlist.fm                   

10 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

@kiwigunsWas the crowd on the tame or wild side? Was it possible to relax and enjoy the show or did you have to keep your guard up at all times like at a pure rock/metal show?

I have a standard GA ticket and I'm planning for next Friday's show. I would appreciate a heads up on the mood of the crowd.

Even though it will be a different group of people, the vibe should be similar.

I am glad you had fun in Austin! I lived there for 13 years and had more good times than bad. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Crowd was super chill

• Like 2