Jump to content
sofine11

GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Izzy doesn't have anything on Axl as a songwriter. He's overrated as hell by folks like you, but each to their own.

Dude I think everyone who has a brain inside their skull would agree that with G'nR the sum of all the parts was infinitely greater than any one of the individuals by themselves. 

Whether Axl, Izzy, Slash or even Duff were the better songwriter I guess is a matter of opinion. And in my opinion I agree with you that Axl was the best of them all. Unfortunately he is certainly not the most prolific of them..!  :-(

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Izzy doesn't have anything on Axl as a songwriter. He's overrated as hell by folks like you, but each to their own.

ok so he doesn't have anything on him but they need each other - or am i mistaken that there's been some hits post his departure - you're right rock the rock was huge

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’ll certainly miss Izzy’s Rolling Stones style of songwriting. His songs are some of my favorites! But I’m also excited to see what the three amigos will come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Izzy doesn't have anything on Axl as a songwriter. He's overrated as hell by folks like you, but each to their own.

I also blame Izzy for not writing a song about Mac Daddy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think GUNS have blown any chance of having Izzy sit in any writing sessions due to the peanuts offer during the reunion and maybe the past was brought up due to Izzy bowing out early during the Illusion tour maybe they doubted he would last a tour. Think Izzy contributes Slash the most out of all the rhythm guys he has played with. Fortus has the talent to lead a writing session and I feel he's underrated with his loyalty to the band when things weren't always going so well. It will be interesting to see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok so he doesn't have anything on him but they need each other - or am i mistaken that there's been some hits post his departure - you're right rock the rock was huge

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Axl has written some fucking brilliant songs without Izzy in recent years. He's a fucking fine songwriter as songs like Catcher, Twat, Better, Perhaps, etc, show. Slash has also written some great songs musically since the old days. Anastasia is fucking awesome (musically). They will be fine with or without Izzy, (if they can get a fucking record out).

Edited by MooseMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Axl has written some fucking brilliant songs without Izzy in recent years. He's a fucking fine songwriter as songs like Catcher, Twat, Better, Perhaps, etc, show. Slash has also written some great songs musically since the old days. Anastasia is fucking masterpiece (musically). They will be fine with or without Izzy, (if they can get a fucking record out).

very compelling argument - rock sucks these days so lets call it a day

CD era songs sub par to the standard of classic gnr along with slashs solo work

sweet child and NR wow too bad they've been milked to no tomorrow

read what slash says about the subject rather than being a mac daddy - the spark that they lack is the elephant in the room - maybe they can prove everyone wrong with a mac daddy big mac hit 

u can't deny that they haven't been able to write as a team without the iz

if axl is so superior at songwriting why didn't he go solo and not rely on the gnr name - could've gone solo if hes so awesome alone

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

So.... are we still talking about Fermanager's "announcement" or is this just general musings /bitching thread? 

hardly an announcement 

its like  a little kid that hurls some beguiling statement in class and runs away down the hall before anyone can question further

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

 

''Patience''? Reached #4 in US and #10 in UK. He also co-wrote ''Don't Cry'' (#10/#8) and ''You Could Be Mine'' (#3 in UK). Considering Izzy wrote the chords for ''Sweet Child'' I'd say Rose did need Izzy for that song also although that is a rather weird way to put it as that song was triggered by Slash, not Rose; it would be more appropriate to say ''the band needed Izzy'' as that song was truly a band effort.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edward Nygma said:

Fortus has the talent to lead a writing session and I feel he's underrated 

I’ve never seen anything to prove this correct. Not even song credits on CD.
 

Fantastic player for sure, and great for the tour. But his songwriting ability is anyone’s guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

hardly an announcement 

its like  a little kid that hurls some beguiling statement in class and runs away down the hall before anyone can question further

That's why I used quotation marks around the word announcement. But my point was, that the discussion here doesn't seem to have anything to do with the title of the thread anymore.  :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

I also blame Izzy for not writing a song about Mac Daddy. 

Even better, he wrote one about going to the dentist. Tooth Puller is gonna be a big gun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at sm1 point this sounded like a funny title for the CD2... how things have turned :D

did anyone ask where is Buckethead so far? :D

btw, funny tidbit in the video description. He yelled at the wrong guy :D

Edited by username05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Patience''? Reached #4 in US and #10 in UK. He also co-wrote ''Don't Cry'' (#10/#8) and ''You Could Be Mine'' (#3 in UK). Considering Izzy wrote the chords for ''Sweet Child'' I'd say Rose did need Izzy for that song also although that is a rather weird way to put it as that song was triggered by Slash, not Rose; it would be more appropriate to say ''the band needed Izzy'' as that song was truly a band effort.

I'm aware of what songs Izzy wrote and co-wrote. The notion that the band needs Izzy to write "hits" or whatever is preposterous. 

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

very compelling argument - rock sucks these days so lets call it a day

CD era songs sub par to the standard of classic gnr along with slashs solo work

sweet child and NR wow too bad they've been milked to no tomorrow

read what slash says about the subject rather than being a mac daddy - the spark that they lack is the elephant in the room - maybe they can prove everyone wrong with a mac daddy big mac hit 

u can't deny that they haven't been able to write as a team without the iz

if axl is so superior at songwriting why didn't he go solo and not rely on the gnr name - could've gone solo if hes so awesome alone

Aunt sally didn't take long to show up. Shame, it was going so well.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the status on this? Has it been confirmed that it's Fernando's account or is it just speculation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

I'm aware of what songs Izzy wrote and co-wrote. The notion that the band needs Izzy to write "hits" or whatever is preposterous. 

Name one hit any of them have written without Izzy.

(Not that I care about hits, but for sake of argument).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

I'm aware of what songs Izzy wrote and co-wrote. The notion that the band needs Izzy to write "hits" or whatever is preposterous. 

Aunt sally didn't take long to show up. Shame, it was going so well.

thanks newbie - please get me a big mac when u can and i'll be right on board with u 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, G O A T said:

What's the status on this? Has it been confirmed that it's Fernando's account or is it just speculation?

Nothing has changed. He has been asked 3 times and avoided answering each time. I think that's conformation it's him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thanks newbie - please get me a big mac when u can and i'll be right on board with u 

A newbie to what? This forum? hahaha, not too smart are you?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MooseMan said:

 It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Izzy’s chord progression in SCOM is huge! 

He’s not overrated on this forum, he’s properly recognized.

That doesn’t mean Axl, Slash and Duff couldn’t write compelling songs together... also doesn’t mean they wouldn’t almost always be demonstrably better with Izzy. AFD with Slash doing rhythm and lead would be considerably, markedly worse, and I say that as a Slash worshipper. 

The album tracks with Izzy aged the best and they’d be the best kind of music for the band to pursue considering their age. I’d still want them to take a crack at a new album without him if they have to, but Izzy is always down to write songs —it’d be pride and greed likely as the cause for excluding him.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Name one hit any of them have written without Izzy.

(Not that I care about hits, but for sake of argument).

Estranged, November rain, Dead horse, Coma, Back off bitch, Civil war, Locomotive, So fine...
The notion that they need Izzy to make a good album is ridiculous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Estranged, November rain, Dead horse, Coma, Back off bitch, Civil war, Locomotive, So fine...
The notion that they need Izzy to make a good album is ridiculous.

 

I have never seen a good album since 1991, that is for certain. It is no coincidence that the band didn't release another original thing after Stradlin departed. Izzy left in 1991; two years of touring stadia with Gilby; a crap covers LP; an even crapper Stones cover; finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never seen a good album since 1991, that is for certain. It is no coincidence that the band didn't release another original thing after Stradlin departed. Izzy left in 1991; two years of touring stadia with Gilby; a crap covers LP; an even crapper Stones cover; finished. 

And? But you have heard those good songs that Izzy had no hand in writing in. The lack of other albums has nothing to do with Izzy not being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×