adamsapple

COVID-19 Outbreak

Livestock and other animals contains many viruses that might take the jump to humans. Finding one new one isn't really dramatic and wouldn't get any attention in the media if it hadn't happened in China right now. So relax.

• Thanks 1

A lot places confirming BIG spikes & Leicester is 1st UK City too go back in too lock down

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Livestock and other animals contains many viruses that might take the jump to humans. Finding one new one isn't really dramatic and wouldn't get any attention in the media if it hadn't happened in China right now. So relax.

Remember the last time you told us all to relax? :lol: 

• Haha 3

Hm, yeah, and it's already in the headlines here. Stupid pigs with their diseases.

Well, I'm happy working from home for the past decade has turned me into a kind of recluse.

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I very much have a set bubble of people that all associate with just each other. Not a pledge or anything, but we all just like each other more than other people lol 

Haha, ya know, this really helped crystallize it for me, thanks. People who like each other, or care for each other, the most. I was thinking more in terms of experiences - because of being starved for fun times. But its clear to me now that its more than experiences. Im gonna bubble with church friends. Good mix of responsible and irresponsible there anyways, lol.

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The NY Times is reporting that US citizens still won’t be allowed to travel to Europe after the ban for several other non-EU countries lifts on July 1st.

That being said, I’m reading elsewhere that some EU countries have been given exceptions to allow US travelers in. Will that still be the case after July 1st? Or we looking at another total travel ban between continents like what happened in March?

Just curious.

Im not sure about EU. The border between the US and Canada has been closed to all non essential travel. Thats expiring on July 6th, iirc. I would be shocked, given the US numbers, if we reopen the border to them. But with Trump your always expected to make a "deal." So Im sure there will be some new pro-USA provision added to the travel ban, but that a travel ban of sorts will remain in place.

Recently our Prime Minstrel was asked at the daily COVID press conference what he thought of Trump and he paused for a full 21 seconds to gather his thoughts, before responding without mentioning Trump. Thats a long time on TV! But I do hope that we have the resolve to keep the border closed until the USA can get a better handle on things.

If I had to guess, the EU and Canada will likely discuss their plans for moving forward with US travel behind closed doors and we will likely see a similar approach taken by both entities. Not that this at all answers your question, sorry! lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, soon said:

Recently our Prime Minstrel was asked at the daily COVID press conference what he thought of Trump and he paused for a full 21 seconds to gather his thoughts, before responding without mentioning Trump. Thats a long time on TV! But I do hope that we have the resolve to keep the border closed until the USA can get a better handle on things.

If I had to guess, the EU and Canada will likely discuss their plans for moving forward with US travel behind closed doors and we will likely see a similar approach taken by both entities. Not that this at all answers your question, sorry! lol

Ha! Yeah I happened to catch that press conference and that long silence was hell awkward lol. It spoke volumes even though he did not directly answer the question!! Such a diplomatic guy. :)

Mexico should also keep their border closed to the US. They have not really reached their peak yet and they don't need US peeps w/ COVID traveling there to add fuel to their fire.

• Like 1

The Canadian-US border is only closed for people coming across by car. 

You can still fly to the US from Canada (though I’m not sure if Americans can still fly to Canada). 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Haha, ya know, this really helped crystallize it for me, thanks. People who like each other, or care for each other, the most. I was thinking more in terms of experiences - because of being starved for fun times. But its clear to me now that its more than experiences. Im gonna bubble with church friends. Good mix of responsible and irresponsible there anyways, lol.

Im not sure about EU. The border between the US and Canada has been closed to all non essential travel. Thats expiring on July 6th, iirc. I would be shocked, given the US numbers, if we reopen the border to them. But with Trump your always expected to make a "deal." So Im sure there will be some new pro-USA provision added to the travel ban, but that a travel ban of sorts will remain in place.

Thanks for the insight! I’ve been doing some more research and yeah today it was announced, from what I can tell, that the travel ban from the US to the EU is extended for at least two weeks (likely to last longer). If you’re a dual citizen you can fly to Europe if you provide proof of residence there as well as proof that you tested negative for covid recently. Then, when you get there, they take your temperature, and if it’s high, they send you to a medical facility of some sort.

For US citizens who wanna then come back to America, there are only 15 airports you can fly to, and when you get there, you gotta talk to a medical expert right there at the airport and provide your medical history and give them your contact info and promise to quarantine at home for two weeks.

So it’s a pretty complex process!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, downzy said:

The Canadian-US border is only closed for people coming across by car. 

You can still fly to the US from Canada (though I’m not sure if Americans can still fly to Canada). 

The ban is in regards to non essential travel. It applies to any mode of transportation.

so people drive across the border and fly in for essential reasons.

it has been discovered that Canadians can still fly in to US though, as you say. But not the reverse (only for essential reasons).

Edited by soon

Numbers and hospitalizations up in Texas. 

Gov Abbott thinks he has a hold on it but he doesn't. He won't declare masks mandatory because he says some counties in Texas don't have any people with the virus. Maybe not yet, but if this keeps up they will pretty soon.

Camps are still open and I'm worried about my daughter when she goes to a day camp for July. I will talk to her and face time her everyday, but I'm still worried. I don't think Texas is ready for this.

IN the beginning they did well, but opened too quickly. They didn't wait for the curve to go down enough. 

I wish the Gov would listen when Dr. Fauci explains this virus and how if we don't get a handle on it, it'll cause more deaths. I don't get what it'll take for these politicians to listen.

If there are no businesses and people there won't be an economy.

Stay well out there.

1 hour ago, soon said:

The ban is in regards to non essential travel. It applies to any mode of transportation.

it has been discovered that Canadians can still fly in to US though, as you say. But not the reverse (only for essential reasons).

At this stage, I wouldn't let Americans come to any country at this point since the virus is spreading quickly agian.

I know Europe has banned Americans and even Hawaii has people stay inside for 14 days if you come to the island.

We should have closed our borders sooner and keep them closed until there's a vaccine, which according to Dr. Fauci won't be until 2021. He predicts many more deaths before then.

I'm so tired and scared of this virus. I just hope wearing a mask and staying inside really does help. I'm beginning to wonder at this stage of the game?

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Hm, yeah, and it's already in the headlines here. Stupid pigs with their diseases.

Well, I'm happy working from home for the past decade has turned me into a kind of recluse.

lol good for you. Yeah, it feels like a decade instead of a few months. I just wish more people would listen to Dr. Fauci because it does effect us all.

Stay well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I tell you this virus has opened my eyes to all the shit that's out there. lol It made me think more now about how I prepare food and how I look at everywhere I go and what and how I touch surfaces now.

I know even cats carry viruses, but I sitll love them so much. lol But when you're pregnant you can't go near their litter boxes.

My mom got bit by one of her cats years ago because he freaked out at the vet's office. Her hand swelled up and she needed a shot and antibiotics. it took over 2 weeks for her to get better. She also ran a fever too. Anyway, from then on if the cat had to go to the vet's office, they would wear these huge protective gloves and cover his head with a blanket and my mom wouldn't touch him until he calmed down at home. 

It's crazy how much shit is out there that can make us sick.

Stay well.

1 hour ago, soon said:

You might want to tell that to my friend who flew from Toronto to NYC last week on personal, non-essential, business.

The real secrete is that people who have access to private jets aren't limited to any real travel ban.  A friend of mine works for a wealthy family and the father/parent has flown all over the place in his private jet (Europe, US, Canada).  

It's only the plebs who have restrictions put on them.  

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

You might want to tell that to my friend who flew from Toronto to NYC last week on personal, non-essential, business.

Or indeed even to the US pleasure travellers who made it to Banff Alberta! That despite that Canada is not open, even by flight, to non essential travellers.

Fuck me, most of the time I'm not even allowed to cross the "border" into Quebec :lol:

People have reported being tipped off to the fly-in 'loop hole' by the same US border agents who are denying them entry at the land crossings. I actually did reference that in my full post,

1 hour ago, soon said:

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

The real secrete is that people who have access to private jets aren't limited to any real travel ban.  A friend of mine works for a wealthy family and the father/parent has flown all over the place in his private jet (Europe, US, Canada).  

It's only the plebs who have restrictions put on them. 

I fear this applies to pretty much everything. But yeah, this new normal could indeed usher in new echelon's of privilege(s). Gross.

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

*sets shrub on fire* it's a sign! Smite experts! :lol:

Top expert Dr Fauchi says USA could easy hit 100,000 cases a day the way it's going 

EU borders re open from today there is a list too look up also 1Greece has stopped UK flights for another 2wks 

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Top expert Dr Fauchi says USA could easy hit 100,000 cases a day the way it's going 

When Numbnuts said America First I'm not quite sure that this is what he had in mind.

EjhCFNJ.jpg 

• Haha 1

Man the difference between Europe and America are staggering. Everything is pretty much back to normal over here in the Netherlands. 

Numbers are still up in Texas. Haven't gone out so now sure about mask wearing.

I watched Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, today on the View.  He said the government needs to give all citizens those masks the surgeons wear since they are the best at keeping everyone safe and not spreading the virus. Otherwise, he's afraid the virus will keep spreading. I know he won't agree to opening up his team if this keeps up.

I read that alot of Nets basketball players tested positive to the virus and they are supposed to go to Orlando for practice. How the hell can they do this?

Mark also said he's voting for Biden. lol I know Mark has been paying the employees who work for the AT&T stadium since everything has closed. I commend him for that.

Whoopie said he should run for President. lol 

It's not an easy job, but Mark does have a lot of money. 

12 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

EU borders re open from today there is a list too look up also 1Greece has stopped UK flights for another 2wks 

Dr. Fauci is the only doctor I believe. He doesn't sugar coat anything and he does try to give you the bad news as nice as possible. I don't know why some people still don't listen to him?

He admits when he has no idea how this virus works and why it does what it does. It's scary but I respect him for admitting when he doesn't have a clue. This is anew virus and since it seems to change from day to day, at least he tells you what you can do to try to slow it down.

He said might get a vaccine by January? Will it work? Who will get it? Will your doctor take a chance on giving you the shot? My doctor won't even do the corona virus testing, so who knows?

By fall it'll be flu season and we'll need a shot for that. Texas is still in the first round of this virus, by fall, if we get a fall, not usually, we might not be able to leave our homes at all.

School starts in August, Teachers are scared and no one in government seems to care. Do I send my kid or not? I'm sorry she may fall very behind in her studies, but will she get the virus and give it to my elderly parents or me or get very sick herself? This shit is keeping me up at night because I can't stand the thought of my child getting sick. What the fuck should we parents do?

On 6/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, Dazey said:

I can't remember the last time I actually was able to relax? I'm high strung normally, so this whole virus thing has pushed me further than anything in my whole life.

Can't stand thinking about it or hearing about it anymore. Sometimes I wish I could just hide in the closet and not come out until 2021.

Ouch! :( 

new-cases-sub-promo-tabs-master1050-v9.p

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Man the difference between Europe and America are staggering. Everything is pretty much back to normal over here in the Netherlands. 

Yeah it's weird they're still not even organised.

Here we still have zero community transmission and no restrictions on daily life except for strict border control. Having 22 in quarantine at the border, the logistics and cost etc are the main concern. We'll be able to travel to Europe but if someone goes there and comes back infected they should be charged for the costs of housing and feeding them in quarantine.

US reports more than 50k new confirmed cases in one day for the first time.  

I suppose Dr. Fauci's claim of 100k new cases per day sadly doesn't seem so far fetched considering the recent trends.