Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I think someone summed it up a page or two ago (tr?) about TB: they're not professionals. They don't have experience. Fernando and Vanessa were kids when Beta started working for Axl and Beta herself was a nanny. And now they're managing a band that still brings in millions of dollars per year through royalties, etc. and is known worldwide as a cultural icon. It's like handing someone the keys to the Space Shuttle when they've only flown kites in their backyard. Or expecting someone to do brain surgery when they've taken one biology class. And that's not a slam on them, it's an observation that they just don't have the experience that some other band managers might have.

If the band actually had a social media person who knew their stuff and how to best manage GnR's internet presence, we might not see posts like that horrible video. With a lot of groups it seems that even if the individual members have control over their persona social media pages - and therefore can act like morons there if they wish - the *band* pages are polished, thanks to professional social media management. They've perfected the art of giving fans information and "inside scoops" without oversharing. Aerosmith's page is pretty good with that, IMHO, as is Steven Tyler's fan Facebook. Walking Papers and Loaded, too.

With this? I honestly wonder if they don't know what to post. "Hey, we should post something personal! Okay, the video!" "Hey, maybe we should comment on news stories!" "Show photos of fan art!" Etc. They don't know what to do or how to manage this brand because they've never managed anything else, much less something this big. At the very least even if Axl wants to keep TB as his management -and let's be honest, that's going to be the case - they might want to consider at least hiring a social media person.

You totally nailed it, the sad thing is that they dont even share anything related to the former members who contributed so much to the band, even if Axl hates them it doesn't means they were not part of the band or they dint contribute, Apart from blaming TB, I blame Axl too, he is a very hard person to deal with, the sad thing is that every1 is with him cause of his $$$

I think someone summed it up a page or two ago (tr?) about TB: they're not professionals. They don't have experience. Fernando and Vanessa were kids when Beta started working for Axl and Beta herself was a nanny. And now they're managing a band that still brings in millions of dollars per year through royalties, etc. and is known worldwide as a cultural icon. It's like handing someone the keys to the Space Shuttle when they've only flown kites in their backyard. Or expecting someone to do brain surgery when they've taken one biology class. And that's not a slam on them, it's an observation that they just don't have the experience that some other band managers might have.

If the band actually had a social media person who knew their stuff and how to best manage GnR's internet presence, we might not see posts like that horrible video. With a lot of groups it seems that even if the individual members have control over their persona social media pages - and therefore can act like morons there if they wish - the *band* pages are polished, thanks to professional social media management. They've perfected the art of giving fans information and "inside scoops" without oversharing. Aerosmith's page is pretty good with that, IMHO, as is Steven Tyler's fan Facebook. Walking Papers and Loaded, too.

With this? I honestly wonder if they don't know what to post. "Hey, we should post something personal! Okay, the video!" "Hey, maybe we should comment on news stories!" "Show photos of fan art!" Etc. They don't know what to do or how to manage this brand because they've never managed anything else, much less something this big. At the very least even if Axl wants to keep TB as his management -and let's be honest, that's going to be the case - they might want to consider at least hiring a social media person.

I'm pretty much sure the ones who do this job are Del and Fernando. They don't hire a social media person because a social media manager would challenge them to actually create a social media strategy and the thing is they don't even have a strategy for the band itself!

A community manager would require news, information, photos, videos.... New material to show but they don't wanna share anything with the fans. Ithey could show the process of getting the album done, but is an album beign "cooked" at the moment?

Band's inactivity is what prevents them from hiring a person to take care of it. And the ones who do this don't have a fucking clue about how to manage the periods of shortage.

• Like 1

You're right, Padme.... their Tw and FB account are plagued of brazilian psycho girls who know nothing about the band and just want to shag Axl (or Ashba, or any band member actually).

I have no problem with Brazilian fans who care more about worshipping Axl, his domestic life and kissing his feet than they do about music or the band per se. I just wish Guns N' Roses weren't managed by one.

I don't hate Beta. Although I used to be a Guns N' Roses fan up until a few months back, so she most certainly hates me and sees me as a rival for Axl's affections in whatever fucked up warped way she seems to see all fans, especially those who've dared to utter a dissenting opinion.

What consistently blows my mind is that a guy as intelligent as Axl can't seem to see that his years of surrounding himself with Del James, fucking Jarmo etc....i.e. people so lacking in integrity and so sycophantic he could give them a can of his own warm diarrhea and they'd praise it as his best release since Appetite For Destruction....if you surround yourself with people like that, you have no challenges, no one spurring you on and you slip into mediocrity.

Whenever anyone in the general public talks about Axl Rose these days - and this is my experience - it's in the past tense. "Oh man, he was great!"

To me the fact that the last great rockstar is apparently content with that and will likely live out his days being reamed by yes-men who'll love him as long as they're on the payroll while the world at large slowly stops giving a shit is an absolute tragedy. Reminds me of Elvis. In fact the similarities are striking. Get fat, lose your vitality, forget who you used to be, surround yourself with brown-tonguing parasites who don't actually care about what would be best for you, go to Vegas and play for only the most casual fans who are too in awe of who you used to be to realise the sad mess you've become.

Edited by tomfriend

He is the guy who handles the GNR social media pages https://twitter.com/NickyChips

Clicked, glanced at his profile, saw he described himself as a 'vision-maker'.

My hand is out of control and won't stop facepalming me. I feel like Ash in Evil Dead 2. Apparently GNRs social media is managed by the 1980s 'bone-itis' guy from Futurama. Awesome. Awesome to the max!:

Vision Maker. I architect winning formulas for people, places & things in work, life & play. @GunsNRoses x@thebackplane = @ParadiseCity #StartUp : #Global500

I know this isn't the most constructive post, and I apologise in advance to the admins but

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YOU!

Edited by tomfriend

I have no problem with Brazilian fans who care more about worshipping Axl, his domestic life and kissing his feet than they do about music or the band per se. I just wish Guns N' Roses weren't managed by one.

I don't hate Beta. Although I used to be a Guns N' Roses fan up until a few months back, so she most certainly hates me and sees me as a rival for Axl's affections in whatever fucked up warped way she seems to see all fans, especially those who've dared to utter a dissenting opinion.

What consistently blows my mind is that a guy as intelligent as Axl can't seem to see that his years of surrounding himself with Del James, fucking Jarmo etc....i.e. people so lacking in integrity and so sycophantic he could give them a can of his own warm diarrhea and they'd praise it as his best release since Appetite For Destruction....if you surround yourself with people like that, you have no challenges, no one spurring you on and you slip into mediocrity.

Whenever anyone in the general public talks about Axl Rose these days - and this is my experience - it's in the past tense. "Oh man, he was great!"

To me the fact that the last great rockstar is apparently content with that and will likely live out his days being reamed by yes-men who'll love him as long as they're on the payroll while the world at large slowly stops giving a shit is an absolute tragedy. Reminds me of Elvis. In fact the similarities are striking. Get fat, lose your vitality, forget who you used to be, surround yourself with brown-tonguing parasites who don't actually care about what would be best for you, go to Vegas and play for only the most casual fans who are too in awe of who you used to be to realise the sad mess you've become.

You're right but getting friends is not something you can do by going to the shop and selecting people, specially for a celebrity like him, it must be so hard to keep relationships and make new ones because you never know who's there for your money or for who you are.

Remember, Axl lost many friends to drugs and his real family walked out from him. When Axl got home after the UYI world tour, there was no one there waiting for him. The guy was alone, completely on his own, no family, no wife, no kids, some friends and his colleagues all involved in drugs, alcohol, months away from being dead too. He grabbed what he could and that's how the Lebeis family came accross. Had to hire Beta to help him out and keep him company...

Unfortunately, Axl wasn't able to fix that void with a real family of his own. Had he had a wife or children, his life would be completely different now. I feel like Axl thinks he's done enough... he achieved the maximum and now he's enjoying the fruit of his labor.... He must have his reasons to not want to be back in the spotlight.

I always think that had I been blessed with his voice and his beautiful face I woulda conquered the world :wub: but yet again, I'm not in his shoes and I will never know what is being that beautiful and talented and having a load of people demanding shit from me.

• Like 1

You're right but getting friends is not something you can do by going to the shop and selecting people, specially for a celebrity like him, it must be so hard to keep relationships and make new ones because you never know who's there for your money or for who you are.

Agreed - yet by making his family/friends a part of his business Axl has ensured that line for him is forever blurred.

Agreed - yet by making his family/friends a part of his business Axl has ensured that line for him is forever blurred.

Yeah, that's one big mistake on his side... but the guy is only human and this woman Beta, she threatened to leave him if he didnt make her a manager. He was helpless...

(too bad he doesn't know me, i could do everything Beta does as a nanny and I would never ask him to manage the band :P )

He is the guy who handles the GNR social media pages https://twitter.com/NickyChips

No one with barely 2,700 followers himself can be trusted to manage a FB account of 31million fans and almost 2million on Twitter....

:facepalm:

His TL consists mostly of RT's :facepalm:

Well the "Guns N' Roses" page is following him, Ashba, Ron, Del and Richard are following him, I saw in some GNR forum or I guess this Forum that he is the guy who handles the social media, He works in a Consulting/Management company, you dont need to have 10 million followers to handle the page of someone else, http://sandiego.geekgirltechcon.com/instructors/nik-souris/

Edited by Slash787

Well the "Guns N' Roses" page is following him, Ashba, Ron, Del and Richard are following him, I saw in some GNR forum or I guess this Forum that he is the guy who handles the social media, He works in a Consulting/Management company, you dont need to have 10 million followers to handle the page of someone else, http://sandiego.geekgirltechcon.com/instructors/nik-souris/

Of course they follow him back, what else could they do, they gave him the job.

What I mean is that not being that successful with your own social media is sort of a sign on how you are going to do the job for someone else.

This guys must have gotten the job thanks to some good contacts and not because he's a social media genius.

Of course they follow him back, what else could they do, they gave him the job.

What I mean is that not being that successful with your own social media is sort of a sign on how you are going to do the job for someone else.

This guys must have gotten the job thanks to some good contacts and not because he's a social media genius.

Yeah by the things he posts on the GNR pages he is totally not a social media genius, they shouldnt have even hired this guy in the first place, all this guy does is posts random GNR videos, 90% of the time he is re tweeting or posting things from Del, Axl could have saved some money by not hiring this guy, Del could have just posted random things like how this guy does.

My hand is out of control and won't stop facepalming me. I feel like Ash in Evil Dead 2. Apparently GNRs social media is managed by the 1980s 'bone-itis' guy from Futurama. Awesome. Awesome to the max!:

Vision Maker. I architect winning formulas for people, places & things in work, life & play. @GunsNRoses x@thebackplane = @ParadiseCity #StartUp : #Global500

It seems that they gave the social media job, which requires some level of writing competence, to a person who doesn't appear to have a basic command of grammar. The word "architect" is a NOUN. It isn't a verb. You can't "architect" anything, dude. *facepalm* No wonder their social media pages are a mess.

• Like 1

It seems that they gave the social media job, which requires some level of writing competence, to a person who doesn't appear to have a basic command of grammar. The word "architect" is a NOUN. It isn't a verb. You can't "architect" anything, dude. *facepalm* No wonder their social media pages are a mess.

another example of TB and Axl are perfectionists :lol::axl:

The management and employees are sad jokes really...

• Like 1

25 Optical Illusion Tattoos That Will MELT Your Brain

Well.... "the most dangerous band in the world" fanpage is sharing the same shit-vira-things that.... zooey deschanel fanpage....

this could only mean one thing...

Well.... "the most dangerous band in the world" fanpage is sharing the same shit-vira-things that.... zooey deschanel fanpage....

That the new album is an optical illusion and we've had it all along, we just can't see it?

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's time for a mass unfollowing of GnR social media sites. Facebook, twitter, ParadiseCity etc. Pretty sure I'll get all the news I could ever want on here anyway!

Pretty sure it's time for a mass unfollowing of GnR social media sites. Facebook, twitter, ParadiseCity etc. Pretty sure I'll get all the news I could ever want on here anyway!

That was my thinking.

• Like 2