Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I have no words......

It's fake, has to be. I saw DJ at our little local supermarket yesterday, or maybe it was his doppleganger!!!! Same haircut & full of tattoos.

I'm part way through, please tell me they don't have sex & leave the camera on. :o

Edited by rock4eva

I'm not going to watch that video.

That video thumbnail says it all. I can understand the girl being dumb enough to do this, but a 40+ year old? :lol: Anyways...

Yeah Don't watch it, I had not seen their retarded videos before, I saw 40 seconds of this shit and my head started paining. #iwontwatchtheashbas #yeahson

If we are going to revolutionise the forum, can we just ban, get rid of, Del's tweets - in the right hand of the screen. Currently, the latest gem consists of a photograph of a car parked in an errant way. It is about as interesting as listening to The Archers, on repeat, while listening to 'Cliff', also on repeat, while knitting a Christmas jumper. I have never asked the moderates for anything but this.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

If we are going to revolutionise the forum, can we just ban, get rid of, Del's tweets - in the right hand of the screen. Currently, the latest gem consists of a photograph of a car parked in an errant way. It is about as interesting as listening to The Archers, on repeat, while listening to 'Cliff', also on repeat, while knitting a Christmas jumper. I have never asked the moderates for anything but this.

Seconded. We don't have the Lebeis extended families tweets on there. What precisely is Del's role in GNR anyway?

Seconded. We don't have the Lebeis extended families tweets on there. What precisely is Del's role in GNR anyway?
The decision to add Del was because he is the tour manger, long time friend to the majority of members and does occasionally tweet something GNR centric or an unseen throwback photo. Unfortunately most people's twitter feeds are full of random and inane stuff but we could apply that to everyone we have on the twitter feed including Axl. If we removed everyone who posts stuff we aren't interested in we wouldn't have a twitter feed left (personally I could stand to lose Matt Sorum before Del ;-)

Just to add, I don't believe Beta has a twitter account, we used to have Fernando on the feed but he rarely used it (seems to prefer FB and instagram) and he had some kind of auto updating horoscope thing that was actually annoying so we did remove that last year.

The decision to add Del was because he is the tour manger, long time friend to the majority of members and does occasionally tweet something GNR centric or an unseen throwback photo. Unfortunately most people's twitter feeds are full of random and inane stuff but we could apply that to everyone we have on the twitter feed including Axl. If we removed everyone who posts stuff we aren't interested in we wouldn't have a twitter feed left (personally I could stand to lose Matt Sorum before Del ;-)

Just to add, I don't believe Beta has a twitter account, we used to have Fernando on the feed but he rarely used it (seems to prefer FB and instagram) and he had some kind of auto updating horoscope thing that was actually annoying so we did remove that last year.

May I know why Josh Freese is in the list, the guy is an amazing drummer, he did contribute the CD even though 90% of his things were Re Recorded, he doesn't posts anything related to GNR, nor he is working with any current or former member of GNR.

You have just given me an idea. Remove Axl's tweets! How often does he discuss GNR? Never. How often does he post inane gibberish about animals? Often.

So Frank is following Slash on twitter, won't that be a real slap in the face of the "friendship" he has with Axl since the past 9 years?

May I know why Josh Freese is in the list, the guy is an amazing drummer, he did contribute the CD even though 90% of his things were Re Recorded, he doesn't posts anything related to GNR, nor he is working with any current or former member of GNR.
I guess because he was a part of GNR and historically some members here have been fans of his work. Whoever we follow on the twitter feed will annoy someone so it's more a question of whether we have a twitter feed or not (which afaik has been discussed here before). On balance I think we should have it because at least it generates some discussion - this long running thread being an example.

A user recently suggested having a second social media thread. One for all the BS stuff like DJ, Del and the official page post and one for things like when Slash, Tommy, Frank, Richard or whomever make announcments regarding music and tours.

Thoughts?

A user recently suggested having a second social media thread. One for all the BS stuff like DJ, Del and the official page post and one for things like when Slash, Tommy, Frank, Richard or whomever make announcments regarding music and tours.

Thoughts?

I don't know, I mean if tours or music are announced be it on Twitter , FB or any other way it usually ends up with it's own discussion thread anyway.