Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Sometimes I think that this thread should be moved to civil war

It just wouldn't get updated the same if we did that. This is my favourite thread on the forum, I love the randomness of it. It mostly stays civil with the odd blip here and there.

It just wouldn't get updated the same if we did that. This is my favourite thread on the forum, I love the randomness of it. It mostly stays civil with the odd blip here and there.

I know.

You would rather get pet updates as opposed to new album/band status updates?

Is it an either/or option?

I too like pet pictures. I would be happy if there were more of them. I even prefer odd comments on current events (that doesn't matter to me at all) every few days rather than absolute silence. I just don't see liking random twitter updates being mutually exclusive to wanting updates on any progress that may or may not be occuring with the band. One doesn't prevent the other from happening.

However with that said, I now have a strange image in my head of a sign taped to Axl's computer stating "Axl's Twitter Rule: One somewhat status updating/personal tweet every six months" and him going "oops, was going to post something about the band, but posted a picture of my cat instead. Oh well, better luck next time."

I guess Twitter is the only thing where he can post freely without anybody over his head telling him what to do or not, its pretty sad he is not updating anything regarding his band to the fans who are waiting since such a long time, but its ok if he is tweeting about his cat, like you have seen the GNR fb and twitter page, they are a big joke.

You would rather get pet updates as opposed to new album/band status updates?

Is it an either/or option?

I too like pet pictures. I would be happy if there were more of them. I even prefer odd comments on current events (that doesn't matter to me at all) every few days rather than absolute silence. I just don't see liking random twitter updates being mutually exclusive to wanting updates on any progress that may or may not be occuring with the band. One doesn't prevent the other from happening.

However with that said, I now have a strange image in my head of a sign taped to Axl's computer stating "Axl's Twitter Rule: One somewhat status updating/personal tweet every six months" and him going "oops, was going to post something about the band, but posted a picture of my cat instead. Oh well, better luck next time."

Welcome to the forum.

Nobody said it had to be one or the other. I don't really care to see the pets of famous people - but if others do, then more power to them. And nobody said it had to be album news OR odd comments on current events OR complete silence.

I think 99.9% of the people on here would be happy as a clam if Axl posted cat pictures and random comments about social events on a daily basis.

BUT what they would also like, is the occasional band update comment. The only reason people are subscribed to Axl's twitter or FB is because he is the singer of a band that we all love (or use to love). If Axl wasn't in a band and didn't help create the music we grew up, and he was just some random dude - then he'd have a couple hundred people on twitter and facebook and he wouldn't have 30 million people.

Post cat pics and social commentary on a daily basis. But why not occasionally let his fans know what's up with his band? Even just one line, 2-3 times a year would make millions of people joyous and happy.

Nobody said it had to be one or the other.

Ah, I misunderstood your comment. I paid more attention to the wording "You would rather..." than the question mark at the end. I did wonder if you meant more of a "Would you rather...?" but quickly dismissed it as I am a wordy person and that question wouldn't be as fun to answer. :shrugs:

To the rest of your comment that I am not quoting because I accidently erased it and am not going through the trouble of getting it back- I can't argue or debate it at the moment. Actually, I feel that I have to make a confession. I don't follow Axl on twitter. I keep up to date on his tweets by coming here. I don't have a twitter account so I don't bother keeping track of any twitter accounts unless it is through a fan community who does it for me. I understand the desire for an update comment, but I guess I am just a cynical person at heart though I claim to be an optimist. I don't think there are any updates.

Axl makes worthless and idiotic posts in his twitter all the time. I understand people being pissed off. I´m too. Having said that I never thought people would be having a huge debate over a picture of a pussy.

My cat is better than your cat. :bitchfight::smiley-confused2:

Bring on the phone call with Frank! At this point I´d rather debate that

Sigh.

It's really is hard to believe that a 40-year old man talks like this.

Shit just got real, son? To tie that to working on songs for an opener level band that, and let's be honest, mainly ride on the tails of having Nikki Sixx as the leader......it's just ridiculous. What early just got real, son? Writing songs for an album that won't sell 100,000 copies?

• Like 1

Sigh.

It's really is hard to believe that a 40-year old man talks like this.

Shit just got real, son? To tie that to working on songs for an opener level band that, and let's be honest, mainly ride on the tails of having Nikki Sixx as the leader......it's just ridiculous. What early just got real, son? Writing songs for an album that won't sell 100,000 copies?

I actually find it hard to believe he's ONLY 40 just based on the sheer desperation of his try-hard 'I'm one of da kidz' shit and the fact that he blatantly has no clue how hashtags work or what they are for. It's like hearing someone's 63 year old mom trying to be hip in 1987 by saying she's 'far out' and 'groovy'. I mean he's so way off the fucking mark it can't help but be funny.

Ditto for his belief that he's a musician of any note - some kind of rock god despite the fact that nobody beyond maybe 200 people can name a single song he contributed to (I know I can't) and if he were to die tomorrow the only reaction the news would illicit is 'who?' Still, he invented the plain black t-shirt and his grandparents created the aerosol can ;) Oh and he got in a TMZ report for being a dick about his e-cig, can't forget that. I guess that would fill out the obituary nicely alongside 'bit player in Nikki Sixx's other band that no one gives a rats ass about' and 'bit player for washed up has-been who cares so little for my talents I have yet to accrue a single songwriting credit despite being a bandmember for the better part of a decade'.