Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I trust @downliner - before, when there was the case with the fake wfa interview, it was through him that Izzy debuked it.

Kudos to Izzy for not dancing to anybody's tune and not keeping fans in the dark just like everybody is - including Mr. Oh-so-politically-correct McKagan. If Izzy took the effort to embrace social media to actually break the silence on GNR shows I can only guess what madness is going on behind th scenes.

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Ive always seen Chopaway a reliable site and like the only hardcore Izzy fan site when it used to be. You will personally confirm it with whom?

I must put that I cannot personally confirm it as it did not go through me (or any staff).  People are asking me if it is real, without being in direct contact I cannot say for sure I just know Chopaway is never a place that fucks around with Izzy stuff.

Edited by gunsguy

Ok,I know I've been here for ten years but I need some GNR-education. This Downliner guy is a fan and has direct contact with Izzy? Also,if this is legit it sucks since it shoots down what Alan Niven and our own Eddie Money have said. I guess only GNR know for sure about what's going on. At least we know (this time) this isn't a kid pretending to be Izzy.

Edited by Subtle Signs

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Ok,I know I've been here for ten years but I need some GNR-education. This Downliner guy is a fan and has direct contact with Izzy? Also,if this is legit it sucks since it shoots down what Alan Niven and our own Eddie Money have said. I guess only GNR know for sure about what's going on. At least we know (this time) this isn't a kid pretending to be Izzy.

There was a time when Izzy answered fan questions and interacted much more - back when izzyboard was running, which then changed to beenafix and chopaway (or maybe the other way round, lol) He always contacted the admin at that forum... So this is nothing new for him really. The twitter much more so!

1 minute ago, downliner said:

I ran an Izzy fansite chopaway.com for about 10 years :) I occassionally get emails from Izzy, like once every couple of years :lol: That's as far as my "direct contact" goes.

This is definitely Izzy though as he emailed from the same address that he has used to contact me for years, and the pic he sent has never been released before. Most old timers will know the chopaway.com history.

Your site was pretty cool man, I did visit it a couple of times. If you are saying it then it must be really Izzy. Keep us updated if there is more news. 

It seems he has an Iphone 5s in his hand, god knows who edited his picture, many people think he lives in a cave, but well im sure he knows how to use gadgets and all, I hope he answers our questions.

2 minutes ago, downliner said:

I ran an Izzy fansite chopaway.com for about 10 years :) I occassionally get emails from Izzy, like once every couple of years :lol: That's as far as my "direct contact" goes.

This is definitely Izzy though as he emailed from the same address that he has used to contact me for years, and the pic he sent has never been released before. Most old timers will know the chopaway.com history.

Thanks for all these infos.

So what do you make out of these tweets? 
Seems to me he wouldn't go through the trouble of creating a twitter account to say he's not involved if there were any negotiations going on to make an appearence at least at a couple of shows

29 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I must put that I cannot personally confirm it as it did not go through me (or any staff).  People are asking me if it is real, without being in direct contact I cannot say for sure I just know Chopaway is never a place that fucks around with Izzy stuff.

well can you add it to the mygnr twitter feed?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Your site was pretty cool man, I did visit it a couple of times. If you are saying it then it must be really Izzy. Keep us updated if there is more news. 

It seems he has an Iphone 5s in his hand, god knows who edited his picture, many people think he lives in a cave, but well im sure he knows how to use gadgets and all, I hope he answers our questions.

Izzy already has like 100 followers on Twitter so hopefully as that number goes up he'll kinda see the value in using it himself for giving out some info/updates :) Doubt he'll be churning out tweets 24/7 like the other Gunners but at least fans will always have somewhere to just get the latest actual news (like an album release or whatever)

• Like 2

@DieselDaisy I closed chopaway.com about 1-2 years back :) I kept the twitter account just so I could still chat to other Izzy fans on occassion or share if there ever was some news. I never really understood twitter tbh but mine has been going crazy for the last hour or two. I notice Izzys account has like 270 followers already and it's taken me about 5 years to get 320 followers lol.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Another point....Izzy Stradlin really has no contacts at Rolling Stone and has to get ahold of an associate editor via Twitter?  Come on now.....it's Izzy fucking Stradlin.  I'm not saying this isn't real, but a lot of oddities about it to me.  

It's a never before seen "selfie" of Izzy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, downliner said:

@DieselDaisy I closed chopaway.com about 1-2 years back :) I kept the twitter account just so I could still chat to other Izzy fans on occassion or share if there ever was some news. I never really understood twitter tbh but mine has been going crazy for the last hour or two. I notice Izzys account has like 270 followers already and it's taken me about 5 years to get 320 followers lol.

It's a never before seen "selfie" of Izzy.

Thanks for shedding some light on this for those who don't know.  Glad you kept the twitter runnin!  Now watch it explode

• Like 1

Downliner, were you the chap I sent the River tracks to (one was Jump in Now)?

Sorry if it is not you.

I managed to buy a promo of it before it was officially released and sent some of the tracks to a guy moderating an Izzy board (I was actually a regular poster but my head is so hazy on names).

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Downliner, were you the chap I sent the River tracks to (one was Jump in Now)?

Sorry if it is not you.

I managed to buy a promo of it before it was officially released and sent some of the tracks to a guy moderating an Izzy board (I was actually a regular poster but my head is so hazy on names).

Wasn't me. Perhaps it was Marcus? He used to run an Izzy site too and was the founder of izzyboard (which later became beenafix).

Also, yeh I think this should be a topic of its own (in this section too and not buried in an Ex gunners section :P ). Would have started a new topic but it was already mentioned here. Maybe a mod can just copy/paste the full statement into the first post if they are gonna split the posts?