Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, RussTCB said:

I know you aren't calling the fan case shitty, but I'd like to defend that fan base. 

There is NO excuse for how GN'R is handled. None. When you have the amount of fans that boards like this have, what else are they supposed to do when they're constantly in the dark? So many people on these boards honestly hope for nothing for the best for GN'R but we know nothing, so sometimes it's easy to assume the worst especially given the past track record. 

I mean.... a bunch of us have bought tickets, made travel arrangements and worked our lives around these April shows. All of that is amazing considering the fact that we know exactly JACK and SHIT outside of the fact that Axl, Slash & Duff will be there. It's super easy for people to assume it's a cash grab or a nostalgia thing given the facts. If it's not, or there's something else going on, it's on GN'R to inform the fans of that. The fact that dedicated fans are still being insulted because of a situation they've been put in by the band itself is nothing sort of shameful if you ask me.

Yeah totally agreed, and of course thanks for the benefit of the doubt. :) GNR is stubbornly and (it would seem) purposefully unconcerned with letting us know WTF is up.

It might have been better phrased as "what he sees as a shitty part of the fan base." Word order matters :)

To me it sounds like he's just frustrated that he's not allowed to say that he's still in the band. They want to sell this thing as some kind of a reunion thing, so Pitman, Fortus and Frank aren't allowed to say that they're still in the band. Richard and Frank don't seem to mind it, but Pitman seems to hate the whole situation. That's my interpretation of this.

• Like 2

This thread is becoming completely unreadable with these long discussions. I don't really get why this could not have its own thread. A big portion of all news these days are delivered through social media so it makes no sense that just because that is the chosen medium all discussions should end up in a big mess of a thread. This thread should be more stuff like Axl getting a visit from LAFD. anything newsworthy causing substantial  discussion should get a thread in the "news" section. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

then so does wiki and he doesn't seem to do anything about that. lulz! it shows a mix of these 2

His original complaint if I recall correctly was that wiki was taking it's content from mygnr.com which was why he wanted it changing. He never specifically mentioned his birthdate though.

6 minutes ago, Changes said:

This thread is becoming completely unreadable with these long discussions. I don't really get why this could not have its own thread. A big portion of all news these days are delivered through social media so it makes no sense that just because that is the chosen medium all discussions should end up in a big mess of a thread. This thread should be more stuff like Axl getting a visit from LAFD. anything newsworthy causing substantial  discussion should get a thread in the "news" section. 

so true.

What a dick. So disrespectful. Yeah, it sucks the band isn't mentioning him, Dizzy, Richard, and Frank. But Duff and Slash (and obviousky Axl and Izzy) are the reasons those guys have had such careers. Of course they should have the spotlight right now. He should be happy he gets to take part (if he's not already kicked out for this)

Edited by ZoSoRose

8 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Chris Pitman

this is a nostalgia tour, please dont mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years.,,, oh god no! ....(a money grab) FU

I cant see defending this , this guy is what a 13 year old girl on social media ... imo  he WAY overestimates his importance in anything GNR .

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What a dick. So disrespectful. Yeah, it sucks the band isn't mentioning him, Dizzy, Richard, and Frank. But Duff and Slash (and obviousky Axl and Izzy) are the reasons those guys have had such careers. Of course they should have the spotlight right now. He should be happy he gets to take part (if he's not already kicked out for this)

True, I just saw your reply on his fb page lol 

• Like 1

If Pitman is still in the band, I think he's really gone out of his way to endear himself with Guns fans. Blanket statement that MyGnR posters are cunts (the biggest guns fan forum) and misinformed. Hmmmm!? well, that's nice!

Misinformed? yep, mainly because the band refuses to inform their fan base on anything... even the smallest of details. I'd also like to point out that, this is a fan forum for speculation, talking about official news etc. so what we talk about here is not fact all the time (a lot of the time)... if a website picks up something that a mygnr poster says, that's really out of our hands! We love gnr, we love discussing them! are we supposed to only talk about them when they give us definitive information? GnR would have a dead internet presence in that case.

As for the part where he said something like  "don't mention the people who were in the band for last 20yrs, this is a nostalgia tour", I think that was definitely a dig at Axl and management. He's obviously pissed that he spent 20yrs with Axl or whatever and now he's been relegated to a 'hired hand, don't speak unless spoken to first role'. Frustrated, and somewhat reasonably so! he was in the band for a long time, whether people like him or not. He should be able to speak his mind.

My one experience of Chris Pitman - I met him with Frank in Dublin walking around town before the last gig. Pitman was completely obnoxious, barely even acknowledged me, mumbled something to Frank like "uh oh, here we go!!!", had no reason before then to have anything against him, but after that I've been pretty set on my opinion of him, and hope he is out of the band. Frank was super nice, talked guitars and took his time even though he was probably in a rush; didn't even ask for photos or autographs (not really my thing), was just saying hello, everyone else in the store had no clue who they were. 

If he is in fact still in the band, management need to collar him over his comments. MyGnr is not popular with management, but even they must realise the importance of a forum this size.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I can't believe I'm going to defend/try to clarify Chris' comments but I don't think HE is calling it a cash grab or nostalgia tour. I think he's saying that's what others are saying and the "FU" at the end is for those saying that.

I would agree with you if it wasn't that we've seen this before. When he was posting about Coachella and management asked him to shut up. He did this same thing. He was pissed off and he made public and sarcastic comments. Maybe he is talking about the media, the fans, the band, management and the whole world. Still it doesn't seem the right way to handle whatever issues he has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I can't believe I'm going to defend/try to clarify Chris' comments but I don't think HE is calling it a cash grab or nostalgia tour. I think he's saying that's what others are saying and the "FU" at the end is for those saying that.

Hm, that's how I took it too. But I'd like to believe the rest is right.

He could be in the band for another 20 years and most GNR fans would not give a shit about him, or even know who he is. His comments are so arrogant, but when you have fools blowing smoke up his arse, telling him he's on the same level as Slash and Duff, is it any wonder. Delusional all round.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

He could be in the band for another 20 years and most GNR fans would not give a shit about him, or even know who he is. His comments are so arrogant, but when you have fools blowing smoke up his arse, telling him he's on the same level as Slash and Duff, is it any wonder. Delusional all round.

True, I went to the Mygnr page and I was like what is the mistake lol, then in a later post Russ pointed out that it was about his birth date.

Its very wrong of him to call us or other fans as Dildos even after people from here tried to help him that both the sites are different.