Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, pik said:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/6-reasons-the-grammys-might-not-suck-this-year-6596581

The Hollywood Vampires, the Sunset Strip supergroup featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, and the Guns N' Roses rhythm section of Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan, have promised to perform a medley of their original song "As Bad As I Am" and the late, great Lemmy's most famous speed metal assault, "Ace of Spades." If we're really lucky, Axl himself will stumble out and duet with Cooper on lead vocals, but even if he doesn't, it will be nice to see the patron saint of the Rainbow Bar & Grill honored by his peers (and fine, Johnny, you can come, too) in front of a prime time audience.

So how likely do you think this is?

I think there's 0% chance Axl will show up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pik said:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/6-reasons-the-grammys-might-not-suck-this-year-6596581

The Hollywood Vampires, the Sunset Strip supergroup featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, and the Guns N' Roses rhythm section of Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan, have promised to perform a medley of their original song "As Bad As I Am" and the late, great Lemmy's most famous speed metal assault, "Ace of Spades." If we're really lucky, Axl himself will stumble out and duet with Cooper on lead vocals, but even if he doesn't, it will be nice to see the patron saint of the Rainbow Bar & Grill honored by his peers (and fine, Johnny, you can come, too) in front of a prime time audience.

So how likely do you think this is?

About as likely as Lemmy coming on stage to play bass on Ace of Spades.

• Like 3

so Matt Sorum replied to a fan on twitter last night... 

the fan asked him if he could play a benefit show for animal welfare on July 30th. 

Matt replied by saying he is on tour July 30th. i can't find the picture of the supposed tour dates, so i forgot when they go through. Matts only active projects right now are Hollywood Vampires and Kings Of Chaos.. Hollywood Vampires earlier this week said its hard to work around the schedules of all the members in the band. unless Kings Of Chaos or Hollywood Vampires are planning a massive tour for the summer, Matt maybe more involved in this then we think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carlycosmos said:

Sorry guys I didn't know where to post this. Does anyone know where is this gif from? It seems like a TV spot or something? I have not idea if this is new or old, but it is cool!

212xweu.gif

It comes from that time that the most hardcore of Axl fanboys had to justify that Axl is still "all about the music and would never sell out!" lol. That was a fun time.

As for the picture of Duff and Sorum, that is comforting to see. I've never thought there was anything wrong when Matt hasn't said anything here, but that at least bodes well that he's either included as a guest or his non-inclusion isn't a complete betrayal in his eyes. I'm probably way behind and people already know that, but just nice to see those two together so recently.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

It comes from that time that the most hardcore of Axl fanboys had to justify that Axl is still "all about the music and would never sell out!" lol. That was a fun time.

As for the picture of Duff and Sorum, that is comforting to see. I've never thought there was anything wrong when Matt hasn't said anything here, but that at least bodes well that he's either included as a guest or his non-inclusion isn't a complete betrayal in his eyes. I'm probably way behind and people already know that, but just nice to see those two together so recently.

The man likes beer, the man advertises beer. I see no issue here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blake Sabbath said:

Slash is so active on social media overall I can imagine him sitting staring at his phone more times a day than probably even his teenage sons!

Yeah man look at his instagram, all he does is posts weird stuff there. 

• Like 1

true! he's always posting weird stuff. So he must have some time to find those pictures everyday... or maybe he has the biggest collection of creepy pictures ever. He posts like twice per day if not more, Ha! 

I'm always waiting for a pic of him or something that gives us some clues but it never comes ;;;;[: )'

• Like 1