Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Wow Izzy- really rocking it out on this one.

?

I love it.  Tempo is slowed down but I think it has a cool vibe.  It also sounds like it was cut off abruptly. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it.  It also sounds more like the original JJ Cale version than the Skynyrd one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Wow Izzy- really rocking it out on this one.

?

Slash, Axl and Duff release nothing at all and Izzy releases one boring, mediocre song after another.

They're all so lame these days.

• Like 1

Just now, Stress Fracture said:

Steven is the only true member of GNR who was fired and that was a group decision. In terms of ego, Axl has been more loyal to his band mates than they've been to him.

Its nice to see that some of u do get things the way they really are.   Kudos on that post .  

Thats a truth as big as the sun.  Its such a shame that axl sometime a go entered here and saw the pile of crap some people just decide to create and believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SEPTEM said:

Its nice to see that some of u do get things the way they really are.   Kudos on that post .  

Thats a truth as big as the sun.  Its such a shame that axl sometime a go entered here and saw the pile of crap some people just decide to create and believe.

Very true... who knows maybe he still lurks here from time to time. ;)

On 18/12/2016 at 6:11 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

This whole thing is a little odd. First I have never known any musician who decided who should be in their band just because the fans wanted it that way.  I am sure Axl will do whatever he feels is right. He did work things out with Slash and Duff, we should be glad about that. Also, the comments about Axl not supporting the fans is reverse of how things usually are... aren't the "fans" usually the ones they support the bands they like. I'm not trying to piss anybody off, this is all my opinion, which I am entitled to. I have been a fan for thirty years and have spent years defending Axl because he is one of the most misunderstood men on earth. He has been doing all he can for years to keep GNR alive, even if he only gets beat up by the fans for his efforts. Can't you be glad they are back and touring so fans everywhere can have a chance to see them?? I've said my peace, I keep reading all these comments and couldn't take it without speaking up. :smiley-confused2:

This.  Best comment here, thank you! :hug:

• Like 1

Are we back to the "Axl is a poor victim" thing?

I love Axl but he did a lot of things to earn the criticism he's recieved (riots, late starts, pushing some original members out of the band, using the GNR name for a band that wasn't GNR, one album in 20 years...). I mean, HE CALLED SLASH A CANCER!!! And he did it in a GNR forum!!! It doesn't get any worse than that.

Are the other guys saints? Absolutely motherfucking no, but Axl is not a victim, not even close.

That's part of what makes this year so amazing, btw. He's gotten back with GNR's one and only lead guitarist, showed up on time, didn't cause any riots, allowed Steven to show up (not enough but he used to be against the idea of Steven playing one single song with him), performed great, did a killer job with AC/DC, did some press, looked happy on stage, didn't let the broken foot stop him, sang Coma... If next year is the same plus some decent involvement by Steven and Izzy and some new music, it would be absolute perfection. If not, if it's the same, it would still be unbelievable! This is the Axl I wanna see and I don't think I'm the only one.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's part of what makes this year so amazing, btw. He's gotten back with GNR's one and only lead guitarist, showed up on time, didn't cause any riots, allowed Steven to show up (not enough but he used to be against the idea of Steven playing one single song with him), performed great, did a killer job with AC/DC, did some press, looked happy on stage, didn't let the broken foot stop him, sang Coma... If next year is the same plus some decent involvement by Steven and Izzy and some new music, it would be absolute perfection. If not, if it's the same, it would still be unbelievable! This is the Axl I wanna see and I don't think I'm the only one.

I agree with you on this. He really seems happier and in a better place.

I never said he was a victim, I just think people always tended to misunderstand his actions in the past. No he isn't perfect, never said that, no one is. Everyone has always been so quick to blame him for everything...without trying to understand his side of things. The media has made things even worse. Everything is not just in black and white.

Like I said, I was simply stating my opinion and I have and always will defend him.  That's just me being me, if I feel someone is unfairly treated, I speak up. :lol:  GNR has gotten me through a lot of shit in my life for the last thirty years, which is why I am such a huge fan.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
added

I've not really been very vocal about how much I've enjoyed each of Izzys releases this year because it gets a bit old when I think everything the guy puts out there is "da best thing everz!!!!1!1!". But I do really like how laid back this one sounds and I'm digging Laurens input especially. Having female harmonies is something new in Izzys catalog (aside from Come On Now Inside back in 1992), so whilst the lyrical themes in Izzys music don't radically alter he has always managed to keep things sounding fresh with small additions like this.

I thought his previous release was a new approach too, because for the first time that I can remember his lyrics carried a political undertone. Thats what I picked up on anyway, not saying that was his intention. I just found some bitter irony in the guy suggesting we raise a glass to being alive pretty humourous because he's been sober for so many years. Izzys music was some light relief to the alternative of watching the daily news and seeing the world in a bit of a meltdown.

I don't really care about Izzy doing an interview or joining Guns on stage now tbh. If rejoining Guns means the solo releases dry up then I hope this dispute situation between them carries on for years to come :lol:

Edited by downliner
  • Like 4

Well yeah.. How weird was that. I still got the tweet notification on my tablet, but the tweet isnt there.

Those guys know what theyre doing.  Its hard for me to believe that all of that was just a mistake.   

I little trolling??  That would be my bet.