Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is time to stick Frank in the back seat and give Adler a bigger role...  They have been touring for 8 months and Frank still sucks... I hope they read the comments from that update because just about everybody wants Adler...

Or at the very least, more than 1-2 damn songs per appearance!!! :popcorn:More popcorn!!! :D

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a compromise for both sides would be to split duties between Steven and Frank. Steven does Appetite/Lies (and Civil War I suppose) and Frank does the rest. That way, nobody has to get fired and we at least get more Popcorn. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a compromise for both sides would be to split duties between Steven and Frank. Steven does Appetite/Lies (and Civil War I suppose) and Frank does the rest. That way, nobody has to get fired and we at least get more Popcorn. 

Even that would be stupid if you think about it. It's Axls ego that ruins it all, he doesn't realize absolutely no one wants to have Frank drumming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Even that would be stupid if you think about it. It's Axls ego that ruins it all, he doesn't realize absolutely no one wants to have Frank drumming.

I like Frank. :shrugs:

But aside from that, yes, obviously any given Guns fan wants Steven up there full time (myself included - he's my favorite Guns drummer even though I like Frank). However, we also know that Axl isn't going to fire Frank. The only around that would be a compromise - half and half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I like Frank. :shrugs:

But aside from that, yes, obviously any given Guns fan wants Steven up there full time (myself included - he's my favorite Guns drummer even though I like Frank). However, we also know that Axl isn't going to fire Frank. The only around that would be a compromise - half and half.

Or Frank gets into an "accident" mwhahaha..ok I'll stop dreaming.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It is a shame too. If all the fans hear it, you know Duff and Slash feel it too.. I love that Axl and Slash are back together but they could still be so much better and it still doesn't fully seem like Gn'R to me. When they all go out and take a bow it doesn't even look like Gn'R.   It is a shame if it is Axl's Ego that keeps Frank around. I am sure he is a great guy but fucking see ya. If he is that good, he can go start another band and use his time in Gn'R for exposure. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Of course Axl knows that most People rathet have Adler/Sorum on drums, but he also knows that Sorum Wouldnt sell any extra tickets. He probably keeps Frank because of loyality and he think Frank does a good job, not because of his ego.

Why Adler isn't hired full time and play all of his songs is beyond me though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I agree with jettesnel. It's not about ego, but probably more about loyalty and because he think Frank does a good job.

I also disagree about the whole no one wants Frank drumming part. I for one like Frank very much. He's probably my favorite GNR drummer next to Adler. I prefer Franks sound over Matt and Brain. So yeah, I just wanted to say this, because usually complainers are always the loudest, so some may get the impression that everyone agrees with them.

But there's many people who really like Frank's drumming. We just don't have any reason to be so vocal about it. He's in the band and that's great!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I agree with jettesnel. It's not about ego, but probably more about loyalty and because he think Frank does a good job.

I also disagree about the whole no one wants Frank drumming part. I for one like Frank very much. He's probably my favorite GNR drummer next to Adler. I prefer Franks sound over Matt and Brain. So yeah, I just wanted to say this, because usually complainers are always the loudest, so some may get the impression that everyone agrees with them.

But there's many people who really like Frank's drumming. We just don't have any reason to be so vocal about it. He's in the band and that's great!

You are probably right about the ego thing. But my "no one wants frank drumming statement" comment needs more explanation. It's not like he sucks and that's why people don't want him, he does great now and certainly got a lot better. That's not the reason. The reason is if you could choose between Adler being the drummer for GNR or Frank, 99% of people will want Adler. And the fucked up thing is, look at the situation. Adler is obviously available, so the choice is available, and still Axl decides not to have him. To bring the original drummer of Appetite out for a couple songs, and have a to most fans unknown drummer do all other songs is just plain ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is, most fans don't give a shit about how loyal this drummer is. For the fans, he is not Adler or Sorum and that's what it comes down to.  To add on to that Adler was the sole GNR member always wanting a reunion in the media and always talking about how much he would love to do it, and then it happens and this is the result for him.

There gotta be a line somewhere, what is the acceptable thing to do, and where is the line? Frank is loyal and doesn't deserve to be fired, but the fans want Adler (and some Sorum). Would it be the right decision to fire Frank even though he doesn't deserve it, but then have the fans be extremely happy because 4/5 of AFD is back again? Having Adler back full time would also place Izzy into an uncomfortable situation because he would be "that guy" instead of Axl, indirectly resulting eventually in a full AFD reunion down the line. But Axl has made the decision not to fire Frank, and it blows for the fans, and that's where my problem lies. Sometimes a sacrifice must be made for the greater good, most fans will never accept Frank even if he remains in the band for the next 10-15 years. It's beating a dead horse. With not getting rid of Frank, Axl effectively decided against the fans.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Axl was always against the fans, if he was supporting the fans, he will gave up his ego and reunite with Slash ten years ago, releasing 2-3 more album, or even what he could do this year, scrapping the idea of having second keyboardist.

Sacrificing for greater good is a ridiculous things tho, let the man do what he wants, he could suddenly retire at the end of the tour and we can't do anything about it. If he was more comfortable to work with this line up then just let it be.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes exactly! Like I've consistently said, this is axls call or at least he has the final say not just the only voice. I don't think literally no one wants frank drumming as some mods here like Rtcb and some others have openly declared their appreciation for Frank, which is cool, personally I don't hate Frank myself. Axl just sees bad memories and drama with Adler and Sorum and Frank is the complete opposite, he might not be as good but he's drama free, cheaper, and sometimes the more talented guys bring the drama and ego.

I for one do hope Axl and or his team read our opinions.. A fair compromise is Adler back in the band permanently playing his own material. I credit the guy for playing you could be mine and others very well but, the only fair thing here is just to have him play his own material. Adler has proven he's deserving as he's been sober, and he's also been very quiet. No interviews no negativity.. NOTHING. Just videos of him playing all kinds of gnr material.

And hey even if axls ego ruins this.. Slash and Duff chose to sign up for that ego voluntarily. So...

2 hours ago, Pink Rose said:

Axl had no problems firing everyone he could before.  This is the time that it actually needs to be done.   It's ok to let people go that shouldn't be there.  

:lol: Oh this is rich. I love theories on Axl being a control freak 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'd vote for that!

In the end we don't know why Adler got such a limited role in the reunion. Let's hope we'll see a bit more of him in the next leg(s).

I don't understand why everyone here considers more or less self-evident that Axl is the only one who doesn't want Adler to play full time. Maybe Slash and Duff would want him to play more songs or prefer Sorum instead of Frank, but are you sure they would want Steven to be the drummer in the whole tour?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1