Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yeah, because it's really normal to go from saying a certain acress is excelent to calling her "one of the most over-rated" in a few months, right? It happens to all of us all the time :rolleyes:

He could change his mind about her as a person or be mad at her but that comment about her as an actress is extremely childish...

I think Axl shouldn't spend that much time worrying about this asshole, though. At least not yet.

Is it normal to reference an alleged incident from way back in 2015 (which never happened) as having happened "this past year" during a Golden Globes telecast in 2017? We see this sort of thing all time from entertainment industry elites...Streep, Sting, Springsteen...so self-absorbed and isolated from the real world they go right up their own ass. She may have impressed the 1,200 or so who were there, but she made a fool out of herself from coast to coast and he has every right to blast her for it. Next time she should bring a real friend, one who will jerk her ass off the stage before she gives another masterclass on hypocrisy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah then I just saw that that damn Alternative Nation posted Axl's pic with Trump's hair on it. I tweeted Axl and Del both to let them know. Assholes...:hahafyou:

Soooo...Del James can pathologically bash Donald Trump day in and day out over anything but God forbid Alternative Nation post a pic of Trump's hair on Axl? They're in for a long four to eight years.

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Soooo...Del James can pathologically bash Donald Trump day in and day out over anything but God forbid Alternative Nation post a pic of Trump's hair on Axl? They're in for a long four to eight years.

No it came up within minutes of Axl's post and I thought it was totally rude. Sorry but I always defend Axl, been doing it for at least twenty years, not going to stop now. And no, I'm not some love crazed Axl fan. I'm over 50 and actually care about his feelings because I have been through a lot of shit in my life too and I understand what it feels like for people to constantly misunderstand things about you...:smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Is it normal to reference an alleged incident from way back in 2015 (which never happened) as having happened "this past year" during a Golden Globes telecast in 2017? We see this sort of thing all time from entertainment industry elites...Streep, Sting, Springsteen...so self-absorbed and isolated from the real world they go right up their own ass. She may have impressed the 1,200 or so who were there, but she made a fool out of herself from coast to coast and he has every right to blast her for it. Next time she should bring a real friend, one who will jerk her ass off the stage before she gives another masterclass on hypocrisy.

Even if what you're saying was true and Meryl Strip was a hypocrite, that wouldn't affect her quality as an actress at all, so my point still stands, he's pathetic.

Trump: Hey, I think you're awesome, I'm a big fan!

Random person: I appreciate that but I think you're a disgusting piece of shit.

Trump: Well, I actually think you suck, you're so over-rated! 

:shrugs:

"Fight back" is part of the Art of the Deal philosophy. 

"The risk is that you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone," he writes. "But my experience is that if you're fighting for something you believe in - even if it means alienating some people along the way - things usually work out for the best in the end."

54 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No it came up within minutes of Axl's post and I thought it was totally rude. Sorry but I always defend Axl, been doing it for at least twenty years, not going to stop now. And no, I'm not some love crazed Axl fan. I'm over 50 and actually care about his feelings because I have been through a lot of shit in my life too and I understand what it feels like for people to constantly misunderstand things about you...:smiley-confused2:

Well, that is a little strange. I questioned the authenticity of Axl's tweet. I mean, perhaps it was chilly that day and he didn't feel like leaving the mansion, so he started surfing the web for Trump quotes on Streep instead? I'd like to think he has better things to do with his time. I will say this, I wasn't too impressed by the pinata stunt, and it won't take much more of this anti-Trump politicization of the band for me to pull the plug on attending the Japanese Tour this month. Mind you, I've actually been defending Axl for nearly 30 years.

39 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Even if what you're saying was true and Meryl Strip was a hypocrite, that wouldn't affect her quality as an actress at all, so my point still stands, he's pathetic.

It is absolutely true. SHE IS A HYPOCRITE! Who is more symbolic of the abuse of power she portend to be so heartsick about, a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist for the New York Times who has been taking shots at Donald Trump for more than 20 years or a child sodomized by an elite Hollywood film director? STREEP'S the WORST HYPOCRITE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski_sexual_abuse_case

http://www.snopes.com/meryl-streep-applaud-roman-polanski/

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

"Fight back" is part of the Art of the Deal philosophy. 

"The risk is that you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone," he writes. "But my experience is that if you're fighting for something you believe in - even if it means alienating some people along the way - things usually work out for the best in the end."

Great post! This should a be refrigerator magnet for those who continue to underestimate Trump's innate strength of character, willpower and intellect. 

On 1/10/2017 at 0:47 AM, SteveAJones said:

Well, that is a little strange. I questioned the authenticity of Axl's tweet. I mean, perhaps it was chilly that day and he didn't feel like leaving the mansion, so he started surfing the web for Trump quotes on Streep instead? I'd like to think he has better things to do with his time. I will say this, I wasn't too impressed by the pinata stunt, and it won't take much more of this anti-Trump politicization of the band for me to pull the plug on attending the Japanese Tour this month. Mind you, I've actually been defending Axl for nearly 30 years.

Sorry I took your comment wrong, I thought you were saying I was at fault for being upset about the pic...been a long day. ;)

50 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It is absolutely true. SHE IS A HYPOCRITE! Who is more symbolic of the abuse of power she portend to be so heartsick about, a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist for the New York Times who has been taking shots at Donald Trump for more than 20 years or a child sodomized by an elite Hollywood film director? STREEP'S the WORST HYPOCRITE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski_sexual_abuse_case

http://www.snopes.com/meryl-streep-applaud-roman-polanski/

Now I'm even more confused. Not only this still doesn't affect how good Meryl Streep might be as an actress (which is the point because the orange douche called her an over-rated actress) but also you seem to be claiming she supports a rapist. If that's the case, that happened in 2003 and in 2015 Trump said she was a fine person. Why does he think a rapist supporter is a fine person? :nervous:

• Like 1

Trump isn't really a person, we just see a persona. He's just working from a playbook. Everytime the media criticize his policies, he attacks a celebrity or turns to hyperbole. And the media/audience fall for it over and over. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm afraid this is not about Trump or Axl changing their mind. Trump has been elected President of the U.S. Doesn't he has anything better to do than going after every single person who says something against him? He is acting like a total inmature and insecure person. Why does he care about what Meryl Streep or Axl Rose say about him? The only thing Trump should care about is his new job. He hasn't been elected President to fight with celebrities. 

Couldn't agree more but, two wrongs don't make a right and Axl isn't impressing anyone. Neither is Streep and considering they have no control or say in how us politics are ran, is it really too much to ask of them both to shut the hell up and worry about what they can control? 

I mean seriously, where's Izzy? Where's the new material? Can we refocus here or is it just time to pound down some more Taco Bell $5 boxes?!?!

13 hours ago, starlight said:

The return of the dumb...

Yeah really.. Maybe honesty is offensive to some because who are we kidding, Melissa Reese is having a Contest with Dj Ashba for the award of dumbest social media poster in the world. The blue hair is one thing but really :lol::facepalm:

Edited by Billsfan

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Couldn't agree more but, two wrongs don't make a right and Axl isn't impressing anyone. Neither is Streep and considering they have no control or say in how us politics are ran, is it really too much to ask of them both to shut the hell up and worry about what they can control? 

I don't think Axl's post was anything more than him stating his frustration and opinions on Trump. We all post our opinions on here everyday about all kinds of things. Everyone, even Axl, has the right to state their opinions, his just get larger public attention because of who he is. A lot of people in Hollywood are anti-Trump, you see celebrities everyday on TV making comments against Trump. I really do not believe he is doing it to impress anyone, he's just saying what he feels. What is sad is that no matter what he does, there is always someone jumping his shit about it. And that's my opinion on the subject, not trying to start an argument. :shocked:

• Like 3