Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When I first listened to Rocks, I thought, ''this is second rate Rollings Stones knock-off''. When Slash listened to it, he had this sublime evangelical moment apparently. It takes all kinds.

It's an alright second rate Stones knock off though isn't it?  Some of GnRs best work sounds like a second rate Stones knock off.  

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 7:00 AM, downzy said:

You know, you don't have to listen or subscribe to his twitter account.

I always love the argument that something is being stuff down their throat, as if people don't control their own throats.  

His anti-Trump stuff is, to me, what saved him from being an irretrievably insufferable arsehole :lol:

• Like 3

RE: Aerosmith's Rocks impact and influence. I think it has a lot to do with Aerosmith being an American and a 70s band. While non American fans saw/see Rocks as an okay, good or excellent Stones knock off, for American kids in the 70s Aerosmith were their (country's and generation) heavier and louder version of The Stones .

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2017 at 11:02 AM, James Bond said:

Maybe this is another one of those things Axl/Guns learned from the AC/DC camp - they were doing this exact same thing last year (short videos of each band member). Let's hope it does include the whole band. Maybe we'll finally get Slash speaking!

Yiss! Thank You Grandpa Angus for taking care of Us!

Im so excited with these videos

Reminds Me of GN'R posted music instrument last year

On 1/14/2017 at 6:11 AM, DieselDaisy said:

When I first listened to Rocks, I thought, ''this is second rate Rollings Stones knock-off''. When Slash listened to it, he had this sublime evangelical moment apparently. It takes all kinds.

I grew up on Aerosmith. I still remember every word to every song when they come on the radio. I still have Rocks on vinyl...it rocked:P

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo
  • Like 1