Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Different opinions are obviously all valid but in my case, I love to see my fav celebrities looking great especially when they are out or photographed for the public.

Some celebrities would never allow such a picture with slippers or pajamas on. It is a degradation of their public image.

2 hours ago, Asia said:

No, I wouldn't put on such slippers unless under a direct gunshot threat. They are just HORRIBLE! Socks are ok...

Also even if I walk around my house sometimes in my sleeping shirt or pajamas or whatever, it doesn't mean I'm gonna put such pictures of myself on social media, especially if I knew millions of people would be watching it. It's not like someone broke into his house, made the picture and posted it, it's fucking OFFICIAL... :facepalm: And I really think it idiotic to chose a picture like that to post on an offical site, instead of, for example, picturing him dressed normally and playing with his dogs in the garden. How different it would look and what a different image of Axl it would send to the world - normal, active, energetic, still young as opposed to an old, pretentious fat fart in grandma slippers.  TB are just retarded...

Here we go again... Mickey, the yellow coat, the slippers... :facepalm: 

Edited by GNR-girl

5 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

The point is he was at home, pics were obviously taken of his pets, his legs just happened to be in the background. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how embarrassing it may be. He may be a rockstar, but he is also a normal person when he is at home, he should be able to dress how he wants without being subjected to criticism :facepalm:

God is that a serious Axl defense over the criticism of slippers? Really? :lol: Both the slippers and the bathrobe are horrible and no amount of fighting for their good name can change it :lol:

And as for the picture, what I'm saying is just that someone gets paid for the PR and taking care of his image on social media and I think the job can be done a lot better than by posting pics of Axl in grandma slippers, that's all. All in all it's kinda idiotic to speak of this matter seriously and it wasn't originally my intention but all those serious defense posts kinda drove me to it. So, once the damage's done and to my own disbelief I am seriously analyzing Axl's slippers and socks combo, I do believe that this kind of image which TB likes to spread around is not doing Axl any good, that's all. Then Axl will rant about how people consider Slash so much cooler than him. Well, I dunno what kind of luxurious slippers and bathrobes Slash is wrapping around his feet and ass in the privacy of his mansion but the point is we don't get to see it. And that's part of the reason Slash is not seen as an old fat grandma but as the cool rockn'roller despite the fact that he's just as old and just as fat as poor old Axl himself. The magic of good PR people as opposed to TB.

Edited by Asia
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Asia said:

All in all it's kinda idiotic to speak of this matter seriously and it wasn't originally my intention but all those serious defense posts kinda drove me to it. 

And all of the constant mean spirited comments, on a daily basis, about everything Axl says, does or wears drove me to come to his defense.  Being over 50 myself, all the grandma/grandpa comments are quite offensive. 

Anyway, can we all get this thread back to the topic of official social media posts? 😆

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There comes a point in every man's life when he starts wearing slippers, ill-fitting socks and develops an interest in train timetables or something similarly mundane and esoteric. W. Axl Rose has clearly reached that stage. 

I wonder if Axl has a stylist at all?

Edited by Sydney Fan