Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

He can compete with RIR 2011 Axl...

Maybe Bridge School Axl fits better. IDK man, both that "ashba like "guy n Jizzy were so much better than this Constantine ..And I didn´t like them either. Anyway, if that makes him happy..Whatever.

• Like 1

I mean, if Slash’s son goes to watch Adler, can in a way Slash wanting Adler in current GNR. Maybe Axl just loyal to Frank’s contract. idk

Edited by valengf

1 hour ago, valengf said:

I mean, if Slash’s son goes to watch Adler, can in a way Slash wanting Adler in current GNR. Maybe Axl just loyal to Frank’s contract. idk

Slash would choose Adler in a heartbeat, it's Axl that doesn't want him. 

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, valengf said:

Slash's son performed there with his band (Ride for Ronnie event) along with Stevens all star band and few others...

56 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Slash would choose Adler in a heartbeat, it's Axl that doesn't want him. 

Which is why Slash never chose him for any of his solo projects, including te soon to be released album and tour...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Asia said:

Which is why Slash never chose him for any of his solo projects, including te soon to be released album and tour...

That's different.

Slash wanted to distance himself from super-group by going all solo.

• GNFNR 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

It doesn't seem that Slash attended the show. It has to be taken into account that Classless Act is co-managed by Perla.

It looks like Slash isn't in California because he didn't attend Susan's birthday either but he sent a video wishing her happy birthday.

If Im not mistaken @MillionsOfSpiders said Slash was in the UK? :question:

Just now, killuridols said:

It looks like Slash isn't in California because he didn't attend Susan's birthday either but he sent a video wishing her happy birthday.

If Im not mistaken @MillionsOfSpiders said Slash was in the UK? :question:

Yeah, but one would think that he'd manage to attend Classless Act's first show. He probably won't be at the Whiskey one too, as he and Duff will be playing a gig in Seattle.

Just now, scooby845 said:

That's different.

Slash wanted to distance himself from super-group by going all solo.

Mhm... or he is aware thatrelying on Steven with anything important would be crazy.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Yeah, but one would think that he'd manage to attend Classless Act's first show. He probably won't be at the Whiskey one too, as he and Duff will be playing a gig in Seattle.

Oh. I don't know. I think Perla was there, she was livestreaming :ph34r:..... maybe he didn't want to stoop on her :lol:

I have no idea if Meegan was there.... I saw Tony and his girlfriend was taking pics of everything.

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Mhm... or he is aware thatrelying on Steven with anything important would be crazy.

What's that hard to understand? Slash wanted to disassociate himself from GNR labeling. 

It would be illogical from Slash to turn down Steven Adler for GNR if he had been presented the chance from Axl. Why wouldn't he want a GNR member in GNR?

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What about Velvet Revolver?

Asia mentioned his solo career 2010-present.

Slash has been in super-groups ever since he left GNR.

-- Snakepit (whether you label it as a solo endeavor or not, it really does not matter - Gilby, Matt, Slash - that's GNR leftovers super group for me).

- Velvet Revoler

The reason he did not include Steven (aside from being partially off-rails in 2009-10) is because he wanted to distance him from GNR. That's why SMKC isn't a band name, but the one pertaining solely to Slash brand

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 1

Just now, scooby845 said:

Asia mentioned his solo career 2010-present.

Slash has been in super-groups ever since he left GNR.

-- Snakepit (whether you label it as a solo endeavor or not, it really does not matter - Gilby, Matt, Slash - that's GNR leftovers super group for me).

- Velvet Revoler

The reason he did not include Steven (aside from being partially off-rails in 2009-10) is because he wanted to distance him from labeling. That's why SMKC isn't a band name, but hte one pertaining solely to Slash brand

Okay. Then why, in your opinion, he didn't include Steven in either Snakepit or Velvet Revolver?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Okay. Then why, in your opinion, he didn't include Steven in either Snakepit or Velvet Revolver?

Steven was heavily off the rails in the early 2000's. Fighting his sobriety and drug abuse. 

Matt seemed more reliable. And given his efforts in Snakepit, why not? A lot more time has passed since Slash was in a band with Steven, than with Matt, up to that point. 

EDIT: I only answered VR part of the question. I did not see Snakepit.

Why would he? Steven was a lunatic in mid-90's

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Steven was heavily off the rails in the early 2000's. Fighting his sobriety and drug abuse. 

Matt seemed more reliable. And given his efforts in Snakepit, why not? A lot more time has passed since Slash was in a band with Steven, than with Matt, up to that point. 

Altogether it's been 26 years since Steven was fired and all this time he dreamed and begged to do anything with Slash and Slash never hired him. You can look for all kinds of explanations except for the most simple and obvious one - Steven is not capable of being relied on or trusted or treated as a grown-up reliable partner anymore. Which is why neither Slash nor any known professional in the rock'n'roll world ever invited him for serious cooperation. And no, I don't hate Steven, I don't blame him, I don't think it is his fault, however decades of drug abuse and all the strokes have left a trace on him and the guy is now more like a 12 year-old and thet's the major problem. Even the fans that meet him confirm that.

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

EDIT: I only answered VR part of the question. I did not see Snakepit.

Why would he? Steven was a lunatic in mid-90's

Fair enough. 

Still, saying that if it was up to Slash Steven would be the drummer in GnR in a heartbeat is speculation that doesn't rely upon enough indications imo. The fact that Classless Act opened for Steven's band isn't enough to support the assumption. And that's because, among other things, Classless Act is co-managed by Perla as I mentioned earlier.

Edited by Blackstar

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Fair enough. 

Still, saying that if it was up to Slash Steven would be the drummer in GnR in a heartbeat, is an assumption that doesn't rely upon enough indications. Imo the fact that Classless Act opened for Steven's band isn't enough to support it, since, as I mentioned earlier, Classless Act is co-managed by Perla.

I agree.

If anything, you (or anyone for that matter) cannot refute the fact that either Matt or Steven would be Slash's preferable choice over Frank. 

Edited by scooby845

11 minutes ago, Asia said:

Altogether it's been 26 years since Steven was fired and all this time he dreamed and begged to do anything with Slash and Slash never hired him. You can look for all kinds of explanations except for the most simple and obvious one - Steven is not capable of being relied on or trusted or treated as a grown-up reliable partner anymore. Which is why neither Slash nor any known professional in the rock'n'roll world ever invited him for serious cooperation. And no, I don't hate Steven, I don't blame him, I don't think it is his fault, however decades of drug abuse and all the strokes have left a trace on him and the guy is now more like a 12 year-old and thet's the major problem. Even the fans that meet him confirm that.

That's exactly what I said.

At the time both Snakepit and Velvet Revolver were being formed, Steven was not reliable enough to be considered as a desirable band member. Now? He is not anymore. And I believe Steven would be able to pull off NITL tour without a hiccup.

The only difference in my response is the time perspective - present. 

Edited by scooby845
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is Perla a fan of Steven? :question:

I don't really know, but I vaguely remember reading something (I'm not sure if it was in the WT or elsewhere) a while ago about Perla posting something about Steven on her IG, also Perla and London talking about Steven in an IG story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

At the time both Snakepit and Velvet Revolver were being formed, Steven was not reliable enough to be considered as a desirable band member. Now? He is not anymore. And I believe Steven would be able to pull off NITL tour without a hiccup.

I think Slash prefered Matt than Steven ,they don't want take to risk with Steven