Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Well this is not AFD - just "D" 🤣

someone on twitter suggested it would be like old unreleased recording, that's why there's Shadow Of Your Love playing on the website

27 minutes ago, Litti said:

someone on twitter suggested it would be like old unreleased recording, that's why there's Shadow Of Your Love playing on the website

I suggest you have a look here: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vloors said:

Steven says he rehearsed 23 songs every day. So what could it be?

Appetite - 12

Lies - 6 (not counting One in A Million and Yo're Crazy slow version)

UYI - Civil War, Don't Cry...

What else - Back Off Bitch? (he played that last year),  Shadow of Your Love? , Jumpin' Jack Flash?

That's 23 total. I don't know in what capacity was Steven supposed to play UYI material (if at all)...

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Appetite - 12

What else - Back Off Bitch? (he played that last year),  Shadow of Your Love? , Jumpin' Jack Flash?

That's 23 total. I don't know in what capacity was Steven supposed to play UYI material (if at all)...

Don't Cry, Back off Bitch, The Garden, Civil War

Edited by Sosso

9 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Appetite - 12

The guys have been performing more than 23 songs every night for Not in This Lifetime. Average setlist in the high 20s.

I remember reading somewhere even Melissa Reese had learned 40 songs in preparation for the tour.

Makes me think again Adler was never going to be back as the fulltime drummer and his full of shit. Frank (even though im not a fan) was always intended to be there.

Edited by vloors

54 minutes ago, vloors said:

The guys have been performing more than 23 songs every night for Not in This Lifetime. Average setlist in the high 20s.

I remember reading somewhere even Melissa Reese had learned 40 songs in preparation for the tour.

Makes me think again Adler was never going to be back as the fulltime drummer and his full of shit. Frank (even though im not a fan) was always intended to be there.

Melissa once said in a interview that she had to learn those 40 songs in two weeks. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Steven is live on fb lve right now. His brother is doing the camera. with new singer Constantine Maroulis

1. Rocket Queen

2. Mr Brownstone

3.Anything Goes

*Steven is having the crowd chant 'rock and roll'* 'my grandma yells 'bingo' louder than that!'

4. Thin Lizzy Jailbreak

*live video ended midsong*

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

1 hour ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

Steven is live on fb lve right now. His brother is doing the camera. with new singer Constantine Maroulis

1. Rocket Queen

2. Mr Brownstone

3.Anything Goes

*Steven is having the crowd chant 'rock and roll'* 'my grandma yells 'bingo' louder than that!'

4. Thin Lizzy Jailbreak

*live video ended midsong*

Yea i heard. He also had a different singer do My Michelle before Constantine came on stage 

Constantine sounded horrible btw

2 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I didn't know that Constantine Maroulis did American Idol, no wonder Adler thinks that he is better than young Axl, or did he say as good as Axl

Idk, maybe Steven was comparing w Axl in his childhood or something like that..You know, “young Axl” is too vague...might be a comparison with the 4 or 3-years-old Axl:shrugs:

8 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I didn't know that Constantine Maroulis did American Idol, no wonder Adler thinks that he is better than young Axl, or did he say as good as Axl

He said as good as young Axl but Constantine is past 40 (I think), so the comparison is not really good.

I watched a bit of the show through Classless Act live stream and I cringed with the first singer. A total disaster. 

Constantine was awful too but not as bad as the first one. The problem with Constantine is that he has a good voice but doesn't know how to dosify it for the GNR songs and he makes them sound as Hair Band songs.... For example Mr Brownstone, he was like cheering the audience with that one.... I was like huh :question: it's a dark song, dude, it's not meant to be chanted like 'Living on a Prayer' or 'Youth Gone Wild'.

• Haha 1

The mental image of Mr Brownstone being chanted like Livin' On A Prayer. :lol:  I heard it, too.  And it was a cringe fest.  Bad singers aside, the band just didn't sound great, I'm afraid.  Not keen on the bass player either.  She's not bad, just her tone is all wrong.  I prefer SMKC's bass player over her.  Think they need to rehearse more?

7 hours ago, Derick said:

Idk, maybe Steven was comparing w Axl in his childhood or something like that..You know, “young Axl” is too vague...might be a comparison with the 4 or 3-years-old Axl:shrugs:

Steven's exact words were "now I finally have a singer who can compete with the young Axl Rose".

On 5/6/2018 at 2:27 AM, vloors said:

Once again, if you guys think Adler would never be able to play November Rain or Estranged or friggin' CD, you're beyond delusional. It's not like Axl would require him to play Spastic Ink's The Mad Data Race... :blink: 
Would he be able to play 3h shows? Who knows, but the others are in the same risky situations: what if they get sick, or break another foot or a hand? LOL. 

Edited by AncientEvil80
  • Like 2