Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I don't really know, but I vaguely remember reading something (I'm not sure if it was in the WT or elsewhere) a while ago about Perla posting something about Steven on her IG, also Perla and London talking about Steven in an IG story.

Maybe but I don't think Slash would let the kid go near Steven if he thought Steven was that bad.... Slash family is heavily involved with London's career.... Grandpa Tony, his gf and Meegan are oftenly seen at the rehearsals, also Meegan's daughters. Not sure what their relationship is with Perla, but the Hudsons are all over London, sometimes it looks overwhelming for the kid, lol.

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Perhaps Slash prefers Matt being reliable bandmate, definitely not his playing style.

Axl doesn't like Sorum's style either. He once said he wasn't sure he likes what came up in the Illusions with that kind of drumming.

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Perhaps Slash prefers Matt being reliable bandmate, definitely not his playing style.

I think not include Steven on tour , is relative too (maybe) Live Nation ,i not know if the band has final word .

Just now, killuridols said:

Maybe but I don't think Slash would let the kid go near Steven if he thought Steven was that bad.... Slash family is heavily involved with London's career.... Grandpa Tony, his gf and Meegan are oftenly seen at the rehearsals, also Meegan's daughters. Not sure what their relationship is with Perla, but the Hudsons are all over London, sometimes it looks overwhelming for the kid, lol.

Yeah, I don't mean that Slash thinks Steven may be a "danger" to his son or something like that. But letting (or agreeing/not objecting about) his son opening for Steven's band for a couple of shows is something that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that Slash would want Steven in GnR (for more than guest spots).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I don't mean that Slash thinks Steven may be a "danger" to his son or something like that. But letting (or agreeing/not objecting about) his son opening for Steven's band for a couple of shows is something that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that Slash would want Steven in GnR (for more than guest spots).

Oh yes, you're right.

Actually, this idea derives from the fact that some people here have said that Slash hates Steven, can't stand him and doesn't want to know a thing with him. Some have quoted Steven saying that Slash wouldn't return his phone calls and have used that to conclude the worst of things.

I guess there's no certain way to infer what Slash really thinks of Steven inclusion in GN'R. It is logical to think that Slash would oppose to Adler's inclusion in a full reunion show or tour, but IMO, what Axl says about drummer is what prevails, because Ferrer is not a wow-drummer and it seems like Slash & Duff have had to work hard to adapt to him.

Probably, the NITL tour was negotiated on Axl's side that he gets to keep some of his hired guns, also as a way to keep things balanced.

Edited by killuridols
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't really know, but I vaguely remember reading something (I'm not sure if it was in the WT or elsewhere) a while ago about Perla posting something about Steven on her IG, also Perla and London talking about Steven in an IG story.

I remember that too. She posted on IG about how he is the OG GnR drummer, it was for his birthday. And a couple of other things, I forgot what now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Anyone can compete with the young Axl Rose, and most, if not everybody, including Constantine, would be crushed.

Steady on olde boy. Rose has lost some weight recently!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2018 at 12:34 PM, Blackstar said:

I was at the show and Perla was spending a lot of time with Steven before he performed and after. They all seemed to get along great.

• Like 3

I just wanted to add a little about the ride for Ronnie shows. All bands that played were experiencing audio problems. I'm fully supportive of Steven being successful again in a band. I was at the front of stage and when Constantine first started singing I thought, hmmm not too bad. Now here's where he started to lose me. While he was singing he started doing the Axl snake dance....... that's when I said to myself noooooooooo, you're getting way too close to Axl, you can't do that and expect to succeed. That completely turned me off.

I am going to the VIP friends and family private show tonight to give it one more chance. This will most likely influence my decision on this band and whether or not I will attend the show on Thursday or sell my tickets. Here's hoping for Steven that things go well and Constantine doesn't drive this band into the ground. Also the female bass player isn't a member of Stevens band, she's just a fill in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He says he will be doing that, the snake dance, because it is part of the performance. So better get used to that :lol:

He looks really dumb doing that... besides his clothes suck.... or at least what he was wearing in that Ronnie Dio show....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, according to him in his interview...he has an eye for design lol! 

what kind of design?

I mean, I think he dresses like a hipster guy instead of a rocker.... those white clothes he wore the first show.. hmmm.... unless he thought they were fit for a song like Brownstone, you know... :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He says he will be doing that, the snake dance, because it is part of the performance. So better get used to that :lol:

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, according to him in his interview...he has an eye for design lol! 

Oh come on now, you're just making that up, aren't you? :lol:

Makes me wish Steven can dump him and find a less annoying singer. I don't care if he's not the greatest entertainer. As long as he can sing and doesn't try to imitate Axl, I'm fine with it.

• Haha 1