Official Website

Spirit

I'd actually be satisfied if I just meant Bumblefoot, DJ, and Richard. It'd just suck to spend the money and you get there and the person running it is like, "Come this way to meet Del James!" :lol:

I would be disappointed if it was anyone but Axl. Sure if I got to meet the others that would be cool as well, but without Axl there is no point for me. If Bucket and Robin were still in the band I would get the VIP just to meet them because they wrote more of the music.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Not a bad idea.

Making it work I'm sure is complicated, and there would be a lot of pressure to get it right - because if it was just going to the band, then no one would care about how it got there, what they spend it on, and if some ticketing or administration system is taking a percentage off the top---- but if it's a charity, then all those things become important (and also the band would care about WHICH charity and what they do with the money).

I could see that working in select towns - towns that have some sort of reputable, maybe nationally known, non-profit or cause. And you would probably do press in those towns to get the most support. And that would be less work (having 5-6 of these in major markets rather than 30 of them).

But there's enough things to worry about just to get a show on besides all that. =)

But that's not a bad model to give fans something that's scarce and unpredictable, and do it without being greedy.

Certainly those VIP packages as priced aren't greedy at all, though. Don't get me wrong there.

It doesn't have to be complicated - you buy your own ticket to the show, G.A floor or seating, then you have your receipt / evidence of your donation to the registered charity. This way you could even claim it as a tax deduction ! (In Australia anyway). You get to meet the band for $1000 tax deductible, the kid's hospital scores a generous donation, and Axl and GnR receive some fantastic publicity - Everyone's a winner baby! Call me Fernando - we'll set it up... :)

• 3 weeks later...

If Bucket and Robin were still in the band I would get the VIP just to meet them because they wrote more of the music.

I love that record to death but it's interesting to see, this kind of Chinese Democracy fanaticism.

It would be great to meet Axl - which of us wouldn't want to? hmmm, Okay, maybe just maybe, some of the die-hard Myles fans don't dig him much any more. :tongue2:

Personally, I'd be thrilled to meet But Tommy Stinson and the Bumble. Phenomenal men.

But why there isn't Axl in those photos? Maybe he was takin' them or what? :/

Maybe he is with other fans? Maybe having a drink? Maybe getting laid? Maybe taking a shit? The reasons are endless....

Also,nowhere on the VIP meet n' greet package does it specify which GNR members will be attending ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It's undeniable. There's an abundance of people who wish to meet Dj, Stinson & Bumblefoot.

Dj as an individual has a support base that in itself competes with GN'R. I would argue Stinson is a musical icon in his own right, The Replacements are a huge deal. & Ron, there's a lot of people out there who'd like to engage with one of the fastest, clinical guitarists out there.