Spirit

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't access, got that ctrl shit.

Try this:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/

Whenever I type in just gunsnroses.com it takes me to an error page. Maybe that will help?

Thank you. Finally worked.

On a side note:

$275.50 for VIP Package? Cheap!

Is it cheap?? How much are they usually?

The VIP packages for KISS for example are around $400 without a meet & greet and nearly $1000 with the meet & greet. Both packages give you a reserved seat within the first few rows, limited tour posters and shirts, an additional $100 towards other merchandise, and so on. So yes, the Guns N' Roses one is pretty cheap, especially since a regular ticket for a Guns show is about $100 after fees anyways if there isn't a sale/promotion going on with the half-price tickets.

The difference is, you get to meet Gene and Paul, with this you won't be meeting Axl.

Try this:

Whenever I type in just gunsnroses.com it takes me to an error page. Maybe that will help?

On a side note:

The VIP packages for KISS for example are around $400 without a meet & greet and nearly $1000 with the meet & greet. Both packages give you a reserved seat within the first few rows, limited tour posters and shirts, an additional $100 towards other merchandise, and so on. So yes, the Guns N' Roses one is pretty cheap, especially since a regular ticket for a Guns show is about $100 after fees anyways if there isn't a sale/promotion going on with the half-price tickets.

The difference is, you get to meet Gene and Paul, with this you won't be meeting Axl.

I don't see that justifying an extra $700+ dollars.

Ali

Try this:

On a side note:

Proof or GTFO!

Interesting company that's putting it together. Azoff was doing the VIP experience stuff for his acts (kind of surprised he didn't throw I Love All Access into the settlement) maybe this means Axl's paid his debt off. ILAA had mixed reviews over the years, maybe Ground Ctrl has their act together.

Can't wait to hear about the GNR cruise next.

Try this:

On a side note:

I don't see that justifying an extra $700+ dollars.

Ali

This is no different than if you went to a "ticket broker" for front row tickets, and you're guaranteed a great seat. To me, the people who pony up for the best seats in the house are either big fans who never got the chance to see Axl up close or ever saw the band and would fly to the show, or have deep pockets and like going to a lot of concerts. It's usually but not always a good experience, but hopefully Axl does put a few minutes aside and meets with them. It's better not to guarantee he will, and just hope he does. I know U2 fucked their fans over a while back by putting club members in upper level areas, and Larry Mullen was apologizing at an award show for it. I also know that Tom Waits' tour manager went right to the fanbase and was hooking lot of people up with tickets, but they got picky, bitchy and demanding, so he never did it again. But the people who were hooked up with tickets had the best seats thanks to him, the only ones who would've gotten better seats would've been family or celebrity friends.

I still think the New Years Eve concert is an absolute steal though.

KISS - they try to sell the hair off their heads to make a buck. Paul Stanley was selling off "smashed on stage" guitars for 450. But I thought the KISS Kruise was a great thing, could see GNR doing something along those lines in coming years. You'd prob. get a bunch of musician clinics, and an "unplugged" show at sea, a full on show at a resort beach, and a crazy group of people having a fun vacation. Plus the fact that he could go on at 3AM and no one would think it was weird... he has a captive audience.

I paid $525 six years ago for an Alice Cooper VIP package. It was great. Backstage tour, tshirt, poster, meet n greet, photo with Alice and some other cool shit.

When I saw GN'R in 07 for the first time, I ran into some people in Perth who had backstage passes. I offered them $1000 for the pass but they declined.

I got backstage the next show in Adelaide and had a chat to Richard, Bumble and Chris about how I nearly spent $1000 on a backstage pass in Perth. They all told me the same thing "No one should have to pay to meet anyone".

I'm really really really surprised GN'R have VIP packages for sale.

Generally, I'm against doing paid meet & greets, but there's a few bands I'd cave on...Guns isn't one of them. If Maiden did one, of course I'd cave in and do it. I've always said I'll do an Alice one once before he retires, as I'm constantly hearing great things about his M&G's.

I also did an Anthrax one last month, because they were only $75. That was certainly money well-spent, as the merch that came with it alone would have almost totaled up to $75! I was genuinely surprised how nice the rest of the guys besides Joey were (We've known Joey for years, as we go see him solo about once a month...truly a great guy!). Those guys really know how to treat their fans,they were really interested in us; they were amazed we saw them in Sweden at Sonisphere, they asked us about other bands we go to see, our favorite Anthrax gig to date, etc. And seeing Joey blab on and on about how we're always seeing him solo to the rest of the guys was priceless!

In the end of it, meet and greets are certainly going to be worth it if you're willing to pay the money.

Edited by Powerage5

I just hope that they employ some security backstage/meet n greets cause there's always a chance you get some asshole who purchased the b/s ticket just to cause shit

Does 'select member' mean you choose which one?

I think it means "you'll meet whoever is able to attend you". Can be 1, 2, or all members (including Axl), who the fuck knows. :tongue2:

Shit... I'd be pissed if they didn't get me Axl, DJ or Ron.

Then be prepared to be somewhat pissed. Axl very rarely attends meet n greets.

I think it means "you'll meet whoever is able to attend you". Can be 1, 2, or all members (including Axl), who the fuck knows. :tongue2:

I know Axl doesn't. But DJ and Ron are pretty cool with fans.

You never know, a friend of mine won one of those 'classes with Bumblefoot for 1 day' in 2010 and he met Axl, took pictures with him, talked to him, hugged him, kissed him, sucked his....lol. He didn't pay shit and it was supposed to be all about Bumblefoot, but Axl was around the whole time. Pretty fuckin' cool.

Edited by pi2loc

I paid $525 six years ago for an Alice Cooper VIP package. It was great. Backstage tour, tshirt, poster, meet n greet, photo with Alice and some other cool shit.

When I saw GN'R in 07 for the first time, I ran into some people in Perth who had backstage passes. I offered them $1000 for the pass but they declined.

I got backstage the next show in Adelaide and had a chat to Richard, Bumble and Chris about how I nearly spent $1000 on a backstage pass in Perth. They all told me the same thing "No one should have to pay to meet anyone".

I'd easily pay $1000 to meet Axl - I know the attitude to this by band members is that 'no-one should pay to meet anyone' - but really how else can you meet them ? I know they are probably being nice that they don't want to profit from people getting to meet their favourite bands etc... so maybe they could accept the money on behalf of a local children's hospital or something - 20 people paying $1000 each would be the quickest and easiest money a charity could collect!

^Not a bad idea.

Making it work I'm sure is complicated, and there would be a lot of pressure to get it right - because if it was just going to the band, then no one would care about how it got there, what they spend it on, and if some ticketing or administration system is taking a percentage off the top---- but if it's a charity, then all those things become important (and also the band would care about WHICH charity and what they do with the money).

I could see that working in select towns - towns that have some sort of reputable, maybe nationally known, non-profit or cause. And you would probably do press in those towns to get the most support. And that would be less work (having 5-6 of these in major markets rather than 30 of them).

But there's enough things to worry about just to get a show on besides all that. =)

But that's not a bad model to give fans something that's scarce and unpredictable, and do it without being greedy.

Certainly those VIP packages as priced aren't greedy at all, though. Don't get me wrong there.

I'd easily pay $1000 to meet Axl - I know the attitude to this by band members is that 'no-one should pay to meet anyone' - but really how else can you meet them ? I know they are probably being nice that they don't want to profit from people getting to meet their favourite bands etc... so maybe they could accept the money on behalf of a local children's hospital or something - 20 people paying $1000 each would be the quickest and easiest money a charity could collect!

That's a pretty awesome idea. Back when Bumble was trying to set up a charity for the Brisbane floods, this would have worked really well.

GN'R should adopt your idea.

Generally, I'm against doing paid meet & greets, but there's a few bands I'd cave on...Guns isn't one of them. If Maiden did one, of course I'd cave in and do it. I've always said I'll do an Alice one once before he retires, as I'm constantly hearing great things about his M&G's.

I also did an Anthrax one last month, because they were only $75. That was certainly money well-spent, as the merch that came with it alone would have almost totaled up to $75! I was genuinely surprised how nice the rest of the guys besides Joey were (We've known Joey for years, as we go see him solo about once a month...truly a great guy!). Those guys really know how to treat their fans,they were really interested in us; they were amazed we saw them in Sweden at Sonisphere, they asked us about other bands we go to see, our favorite Anthrax gig to date, etc. And seeing Joey blab on and on about how we're always seeing him solo to the rest of the guys was priceless!

In the end of it, meet and greets are certainly going to be worth it if you're willing to pay the money.

never meeting them but seeing them in interviews and how they carry themselves on stage, it always seemed to me the guys in anthrax were cool down to earth dudes and this story just reinforces my belief of that cool story rock3

If Axl was a guarantee it'd certainly be worth the money. For me, during a year like this year where I haven't gone to any concerts (save for Guns in November), I'd be willing to spend the bit of extra money to meet the other guys too. Last year I paid $100 for the jacket at the Hamilton show so really, for what I paid for my ticket and the jacket, I could have nearly done the VIP package anyways so it's fairly reasonable for what it includes.

I'd actually be satisfied if I just meant Bumblefoot, DJ, and Richard. It'd just suck to spend the money and you get there and the person running it is like, "Come this way to meet Del James!" :lol: