Crash Diet 2012 - fan made

Dazey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved the Gn'r demo but who made the original song? Is the gn'r version a cover? Is this a cover? What the fuck is going on.

Well the demo is from the Rumbo Records tapes (1986-ish maybe older?)

The Asphalt Ballet version was released in 1994.

Wildside’s version was from their 2004 album.

...chronologically speaking, it’s a cover. Also the ASCAP website lists Axl as one of the writers [link]. From whatever I’ve read, this song was not supposed to be a GnR song but more of an Axl, West and friends messing around...

Edited by KiraMPD

I've always loved the Gn'r demo but who made the original song? Is the gn'r version a cover? Is this a cover? What the fuck is going on.

Well the demo is from the Rumbo Records tapes (1986)

The Asphalt Ballet version was released in 1994.

Wildside’s version was from their 2004 album.

...chronologically speaking, it’s a cover. Also the ASCAP website lists Axl as one of the writers [link]. From whatever I’ve read, this song was not supposed to be a GnR song but more of an Axl, West and friends messing around...

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. The solo sure as hell doesn't sound like a gn'r solo. But cool song none the less.

I'm looking forward to the new mix.

Edited by LandOla

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. The solo sure as hell doesn't sound like a gn'r solo. But cool song none the less.

I'm looking forward to the new mix.

I freaking LOVE that solo. Apparently West did that solo which (if true) totally blows my mind cuz I'd always imagined him to be more of the hippy ya-ya guy on an acoustic.

Actually, can anyone confirm who did that solo? Was it really West?

Posted at the request of a friend. Looks interesting to be fair and usually I fucking hate these things.

Sounds cool, but tell your friend he's wrong about who is playing - Slash isn't on that, it's West Arkeen.

A8R

I find it funny that the versions after the demo we all know, sounds more dated & cheesy then this 1st version. If the Asphalt Ballet one was released in 96 its even more laughable.

IMO the bucket era guns would have done a cool version of this song though.

Its a fun song.

• 1 month later...

that song sucks and I don't understand why people like it. there is a reason it was never developed and released by the band. :rolleyes:

Crash Diet's the best of the old unfinished ones.

Of course it's fanmade. 5agge remixes a lot of stuff. They're the person that did the Chinese Democracy Revisited EP. Listen to Messages from Madagascar. It's great.

Madagascar was OK. I liked the If the World/Slither mashup and the Nightmareline Blues. The rest though...

Someone should have kept his damn editing tools away from him when he did Prostitute, Sorry, Scraped, and Better. :no:

I'm not liking this Crash Diet one. I'll take the demo.

Edited by Flayer

Ugh, this sounds like a complete mess.

Are we talking about Chinese Democracy?

Excellent trolling, I award you 10 points.

The added on vocal effects and background voices sound fucking terrible. The mixed-in bits of Civil War and stuff are also a poor fit. I liked some of 5agge's other mix-ups but this one...no, I'd rather listen to the original demo any day.

Edited by Flayer