Best solo spots from the new lineup(s)

shotgunblues1978

A lot of people complain about the solos during GnR shows, but I think they're pretty f'n cool and very Zeppelin-esque. As long as they don't bring back the drum solo (as Izzy said, what's worse than a drum solo?), I'm cool. To me, it's:

1. Buckethead solo 2002 - perfect mix of guitar gymnastics and crowd pleasing covers; my favorites were always the intro (The General? :o ), Big Sur Moon and Star Wars. I always felt like Bucket won the crowd over in a major way during his solo

2. Richard & Robin - Beautiful - title says it all, so cool that they took a pop song and turned it into such a bluesy, soulful guitar duet (kicks in at about 4:10)

Everything else

I didn't know about Buckethead, now I understand why some fans like this guy so much. I'm a new fan of his and thanks for sharing this video. :thumbsup:

Edit: Got confused of the newlineup(s) since I've been here for 4 years and it's quite old already. It would be nice if Bucket era (2002) has its name i.e. B n' Robin era... just saying....

Edited by axlrod

Guest Broskirose

New Fortus solo, Glad To Be Here, 2006/2007 Robin solo, Bucket solo's

Dj's are horrible. Stock shit you'd here as a jamalong on a guitar lesson CD.

Buckethead's nunchuck shit and puppets shouldn't be part of any rock show. Let alone GnR's.

It absolutely blows.

Really does. It's ok for him to do that in his own solo concert but GnR? From Godfather Theme to Nunchuck/chicken binge? :scared: