Why don't they release this PROFESSIONALLY TAPED 2010 documentary instead?

ManetsBR

When does the band release anything they plan? Chidem barely got out the gate and when it did it was handled terribly by Axl, the label and BestBuy. I don't believe the label is interested in supporting this band, especially after Axl took years to hand in the record.

It's unbelievable how much of great stuff there is hidden in Axl's house. Footage from the illusions era, vegas 2001, all the demos and recordings from CD sessions, the 2006 documentary, the 2010 documentary and pro shots.. Would be enough to make a few movies.

That '06 video was great, look at the energy that went into Out Ta Get Me, he was putting everything into every line... Glad I got to see the world's most captivating frontman when he was delivering performances like that (though I'd be even gladder if he started doing that again).

Who on earth would care enough to buy a nu-GNR documentary? Even the production costs would not be covered by the sales. Nobody gives a shit for this band.

I fuckin' hate the way this band waste great stuff.

Sad, but true. It's a shame people didn't give a shit from 2006-2010, when this band was either doing great gigs or releasing an awesome album, and as a consequence great stuff like this documentary did not get released.

And it's a shame now that the band isn't as interesting as just a couple of years ago.

But if '02-'06 proved, it's that anything is possible. Here's hoping.

He has to put time aside and actually try to look at all that stuff without being judgmental. It's prob. best left in someone else's hands and not be hands on about it.

A documentary about the making of Chinese Democracy? If they were doing video of all the sessions, it would probably be a great movie in itself. I don't know if Axl was the type to not want cameras being used during recording sessions.

if somebody can't notice how weak his voice sounds in the O2 show compared to that SR video is completely stupid. also, aside from the voice and dj smoking i couldn't tell if a show is from 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012. they've been doing the same show for 4 years now, with 2013 being the 5th. with a huge decrease of quality. is that "evolving"?

I'm really surprised you'd say you can't tell the difference from the video alone. Everything about Axl's performance in 2006-2010 was completely different to 2011 onwards. It's not just all the gaudy shit he wears and his voice, it's the way he moves, runs around and interacts with the crowd without sunglasses on. His whole demeanor and performance is more like a 1992 Axl. Obviously not as intense and nimble but still, he was ON it. You can tell straight away the difference.

And Manets, you're so right, this would have been a fantastic thing to release.

Whoever said 'maybe the camp/band prefered the production of the 2012 O2 show: then they're idiots because it's about the music and performance not how many lights and walkways they have, especially when there's such a massive difference in the quality of the music.

It annoys me why the band can never explain why things were never released or why plans fell apart

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

THAT was cheesy :)

• 5 months later...

It annoys me why the band can never explain why things were never released or why plans fell apart, almost like its some sort of military secret to the fans.

Hopefully one day we can have an in depth interview with axl for us die hard fans.

Like when he came here in 08 and personally answered basically every single relevant question posed to him amidst a barrage of antagonizations and insults?

It annoys me why the band can never explain why things were never released or why plans fell apart, almost like its some sort of military secret to the fans.

Hopefully one day we can have an in depth interview with axl for us die hard fans.

Like when he came here in 08 and personally answered basically every single relevant question posed to him amidst a barrage of antagonizations and insults?

Were you even here? The place was unbelievably deferential. People were pretty much awe-struck and then there was a clamour to get questions posted.

You must be thinking of the last bumble visit.

I think the set lists were better and longer in 2012.

I also think that the GNR camp wouldn't like to admit that axl's voice was better in 2010 but that's just a guess.

I also think the London show and the Vegas show were professionally filmed at the standards that UMG would approve.

I'm not sure if 2010 shows were up to cinema release standards, even if they were in HD was it being filmed with over 20 camera's like the 12' shows were? Again, I'm not sure but my thoughts were the shows in 10' were being filmed for the screen at the show, a documentary and storage of live footage for later videos not for a general cinematic release.

I think the set lists were better and longer in 2012.

I also think that the GNR camp wouldn't like to admit that axl's voice was better in 2010 but that's just a guess.

I also think the London show and the Vegas show were professionally filmed at the standards that UMG would approve.

I'm not sure if 2010 shows were up to cinema release standards, even if they were in HD was it being filmed with over 20 camera's like the 12' shows were? Again, I'm not sure but my thoughts were the shows in 10' were being filmed for the screen at the show, a documentary and storage of live footage for later videos not for a general cinematic release.

That makes sense. However, the 2010 one would be a documentary so the concert footage doesn't need to be top-notch. But looking at the trailer it was!