**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no Newcastle screening. The nearest screening to me is some place called Boldon which I had never heard of before. I just did a bit of research and discovered it is a town that lies dangerously close to Sunderland! Think I will pass unless they announce a Toon showing.

So they are going to confirm a release date for the home release this week, but Gn'R management isn't going to announce that then already-confirmed release date AFTER the concert shows in theaters next month? What sense does that make? :lol:

Most movies that are released in the cinemas don't provide a home release date until afterwards.

I understand that, but I find it silly that the producers plan on announcing the home release date this week, but then Gn'R Management doesn't plan on doing it until after the cinema dates. Surely it would make more sense to just both announce it at the same time, either before or after the cinema release.

So they are going to confirm a release date for the home release this week, but Gn'R management isn't going to announce that then already-confirmed release date AFTER the concert shows in theaters next month? What sense does that make? :lol:

Most movies that are released in the cinemas don't provide a home release date until afterwards.

I understand that, but I find it silly that the producers plan on announcing the home release date this week, but then Gn'R Management doesn't plan on doing it until after the cinema dates. Surely it would make more sense to just both announce it at the same time, either before or after the cinema release.

I understood it that Rock Fuel would find out the date this week but it wouldn't be announced (with GNR making the announcement) until afterwards.

There is no Newcastle screening. The nearest screening to me is some place called Boldon which I had never heard of before. I just did a bit of research and discovered it is a town that lies dangerously close to Sunderland! Think I will pass unless they announce a Toon showing.

no dublin or newcastle screening, what a man for a grudge :P joke!!!

Dublin is still listed there, I don't think that page is automatically updated. If you go to the Cineworld link from that page, you'll see Dublin is removed from the "Location" dropdown (http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-democracy-in-3d), but from first glance seems all other cinemas are still there.

I know yeah - it's just Dublin that's cancelled so far. I've emailed the Dublin branch/Barry Summers with my concerns. Hopefully they change their mind (even if I am the only person in the cinema :lol:).

That's a good idea we should all email them and show there is a strong interest in seeing this.

I know lots of people who were planning on going and it wasn't even advertised here

What's the email address?

Cineworld email: https://www.cineworld.co.uk/contact

Barry Summers of Rock Fuel Media: barry@rockfuelmedia.com

That's the UK cineworld

This is how you contact the Dublin one

https://www.cineworld.ie/contact

I hope this release has interviews with Axl, but not just normal interviews. I want a video diary type thing.

I imagine Axl sitting in his hotel room setting up the camera himself and then he sits and goes off on the other members for a few hours..."(sigh) DJ was standing in my que spot on Paradise City...I'm pretty sure that's revenge for calling him a pussy earlier" "Frank...how did he get in my band again?" "Bumble is Out. to. Get. Me! I saw his post on a couple forums about me, which explains why he got in my way the whole concert. I think he has anger issues"

Edited by IncitingChaos

if interviews with Axl on this DVD my guess is he will say more negative things

about the original band,criticism of anyone who dares to disagree with him etc.

i don't think he will give ANY relevant info on what we care about like

new music,CD2,new set lists ,tour dates.

Axl seems to still live in this private world where they're outta get him.

i hope sometime they will get him and confront him.

IF there are interviews with Axl on this release I guess he'll be talking about the show that we bought, Vegas in general, stuff like that. Don't think he'll be badmouthing anyone nor will he talk about new music, CD2, ...

I expect the bonus content to be interviews with the band - not Axl.

I have no evidence for that, though. It's just an educated hunch.

Edited by NGOG

Axl wants us to forget his pre-CD times and line-ups but still is milking AFD allover: not only the name of the residency shows, more even the cover of the upcoming release is 99% AFD and there are only 1985-1991 songs in that poor Axl sounding 3:33min trailer......eh, totally lame!

Well I hope everyone knows I was kidding about Axl going off on current members...

He never has anything bad to say about current people he is working with, atleast not in public.

I'm glad this blu ray is coming, I'll buy it. I don't expect it to take over the charts or dominate sales. I just think it will be good to have something from GNR. Might not be the strongest vocals of all time, but I think it will be enjoyable. Hopefully the extra features add a good bit of content for the hardcore fan. Maybe a tour of the Axl memborbilia at the hard rock? Idk maybe if they can get this release out it will bode well for future releases.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Well, I read on blabbermouth.net that it's official.

The GNR two cds/dvd or 3 D blue ray of the Las Vegas shows from 2012 will be released in April 2014.

It also said the concert will be released to theatres on April 2. I really hope it plays in Dallas, but I'm just so happy that it's finally going to be released.

I figured it's probably to promote the new shows in Las Vegas.

Well, I read on blabbermouth.net that it's official.

The GNR two cds/dvd or 3 D blue ray of the Las Vegas shows from 2012 will be released in April 2014.

It also said the concert will be released to theatres on April 2. I really hope it plays in Dallas, but I'm just so happy that it's finally going to be released.

I figured it's probably to promote the new shows in Las Vegas.

Blabbermouth just mentions it will be released on DVD, no DVD date yet, they won't announce it until after the theatrical showings so people show up ;) My guess is autumn.

I really think the DVD/blu ray getting released depends on how the cinema dates go. Whatever those expectations may be. Just IMO. Still think this is light years away from being the best idea to promote nu guns, but so be it if it actually happens this time :lol:

Still not believing in it until I can actually hold it in my hands :shrugs:

What's interesting is that Slash is also planning to release a live Vegas concert that had some gnr songs in the setlist. And the rumor was the hold up was partially due to Slash and Duff hesitating signing off on it, right? Wonder if Slash said ill do yours if you do mine. Kinda interesting.

I really think the DVD/blu ray getting released depends on how the cinema dates go. Whatever those expectations may be. Just IMO. Still think this is light years away from being the best idea to promote nu guns, but so be it if it actually happens this time :lol:

Still not believing in it until I can actually hold it in my hands :shrugs:

What's interesting is that Slash is also planning to release a live Vegas concert that had some gnr songs in the setlist. And the rumor was the hold up was partially due to Slash and Duff hesitating signing off on it, right? Wonder if Slash said ill do yours if you do mine. Kinda interesting.

The blu ray is happening, but depending on how the cinema dates go is how fast you get the blu ray. If it bombs at cinema the concert might go straight to blu ray, if the cinemas have good showings then they will drag out thale blu ray release.

As far as Slash, and Duff go I don't believe they have say in each other's work, or wanting to release material with old GNR songs on it. If it was a studio release it would be different, but since it's a live concert release they have no say on preventing a release