Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster for the next few days as well.

Am doing.

Dafuq? How are the fees that much?

It would be risky, but I'm leaning towards the idea of driving there and trying for tickets. Might be a better bet at this point.

Trying to read through all the bullshit, the "fees" are their cut for listing the tickets. To put in perspective, a pair of seats listed at $240 each would've together ended up costing $50 less than one of our tickets to Reykjavik when we head to Europe. Jesus.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the 105's on TM are for the 6th, not the 25th.

Am doing.

It would be risky, but I'm leaning towards the idea of driving there and trying for tickets. Might be a better bet at this point.

Trying to read through all the bullshit, the "fees" are their cut for listing the tickets. To put in perspective, a pair of seats listed at $240 each would've together ended up costing $50 less than one of our tickets to Reykjavik when we head to Europe. Jesus.

It's "legalized" scalping, that's how they do it online.

Before the internet, they used to have scummy little storefronts.

On the night of the show, these same dudes are standing outside the venue with their unsold tickets, trying to charge the "fee included" rate.

Am doing.

On the night of the show, these same dudes are standing outside the venue with their unsold tickets, trying to charge the "fee included" rate.

For a Stones show, I would just bide time on those guys, because I've seen the Stones, and would have a take it or leave it attitude.

Those are the people you do the waiting game on - band starts, if they're still out there, they're really looking to get rid of those things. Around 3 or 4 songs in, is when you hit them up for tickets, they might try to get you to pay full price, but you just go "I've seen them before, I have 50 dollars on me". Take the gas money or walk home with tickets. The one thing that makes me nervous are paper tickets because some assholes will print out multiple copies, but it's good leverage in getting the tickets cheap, but odds are they're real and he's trying to get the money back for the tickets.

Some people insist on hard tickets. I think for the money people pay, they should be getting really nice hard tickets the same way people have Super Bowl tickets they can frame. If I'm paying those "hidden fees", they might as well offer up something nicer so it also functions as a souvenir.

Am doing.

For a Stones show, I would just bide time on those guys, because I've seen the Stones, and would have a take it or leave it attitude.

Those are the people you do the waiting game on - band starts, if they're still out there, they're really looking to get rid of those things. Around 3 or 4 songs in, is when you hit them up for tickets, they might try to get you to pay full price, but you just go "I've seen them before, I have 50 dollars on me". Take the gas money or walk home with tickets. The one thing that makes me nervous are paper tickets because some assholes will print out multiple copies, but it's good leverage in getting the tickets cheap, but odds are they're real and he's trying to get the money back for the tickets.

Some people insist on hard tickets. I think for the money people pay, they should be getting really nice hard tickets the same way people have Super Bowl tickets they can frame. If I'm paying those "hidden fees", they might as well offer up something nicer so it also functions as a souvenir.

That's my plan if I really come up empty handed trying my luck at the box office. May work out well though that the tickets say doors at 7, show at 8, when in reality they don't play until close to 9.

A few people on IORR have said they struck gold at the box office the day of the show, so I'm hoping that holds true for Toronto.

DAMN!! :drool:

RS SETLIST LOS ANGELES #2 May 20, 2013

Get Off Of My Cloud

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

All Down The Line

Faraway Eyes

Sway (By Request – with Mick Taylor)

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)

Honky Tonk Women

BAND INTRODUCTIONS

You Got The Silver (with Keith on lead vox)

Before They Make Me Run (with Keith on lead vox)

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the University of Southern California Thornton Chamber Singers)

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

C1 Row 2

When I was looking in to the VIP packages, I'm reasonably certain the first several rows ( at least 6) in the front floor sections were for VIP packages.

That being said, if she's willing to send you a pic of the tickets, check the ticket price, and check to see if there's a VIP code on the ticket.

It might be a way to trip up if they are fake or not.

C1 Row 2

When I was looking in to the VIP packages, I'm reasonably certain the first several rows ( at least 6) in the front floor sections were for VIP packages.

That being said, if she's willing to send you a pic of the tickets, check the ticket price, and check to see if there's a VIP code on the ticket.

It might be a way to trip up if they are fake or not.

Asked for a pic, waiting for a response.

She said she's willing to do an escrow transaction, and she'd pay all the escrow fees, so I literally would have nothing to lose. I don't see a reason not to go for it :shrugs:

No response yet, but I'm getting ready to go to work. Below is the full email, sans her name at the end. I can't find anything about this that makes me uncomfortable in the slightest, other than it's a head scratcher where the tickets came from. Worst case scenario would be we put $400 in escrow, the tickets are bogus, and we didn't waste our time going up to Toronto on Saturday since we were gonna anyways :shrugs:

Email:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the Rolling Stones tickets, in Section C1 (Floor Center), Row 2 (near stage), Seats 1-6 at $200 / ticket. How many do you want?

My name is [name] and I am now in Toronto.

The tickets are genuine, hard tickets.

We could use an escrow to handle the exchange, we can work together on this to find the best way in order for both of us to be comfortable with the exchange. Here is what an escrow means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

Read the "Internet Escrow" part. I'll pay all the fees if its necessary.

Let me know.

Thanks,

[name]