If a reunion were to happen, how shocked would you be and how do you think it would go down?

Towelie

However unlikely you think it might be, if a full AFD-era reunion tour was announced tomorrow

1. How would you feel? Shocked? Excited? Apprehensive? Relieved?

2. How do you think it would go down? Would the shows be a critical and commercial smash? Would original GNR really be able to sell out stadiums in 2013 or would they be playing arena dates?

I have to say, the longer NuGuns continues touring without working on new material, the more likely I feel that eventually this "band" is going to run out of steam. If Axl is faced with the prospect of starting the band from ground zero yet again vs. a reunion, I think he would be inclined to choose the latter.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl is faced with the prospect of starting the band from ground zero yet again vs. a reunion, I think he would be inclined to choose the latter.

Never thought about it like that, but I agree. Though I think he'd be more inclined to just retire unless the reunion happened exactly how he wanted it to.

However unlikely you think it might be, if a full AFD-era reunion tour was announced tomorrow

1. How would you feel? Shocked? Excited? Apprehensive? Relieved?

2. How do you think it would go down? Would the shows be a critical and commercial smash? Would original GNR really be able to sell out stadiums in 2013 or would they be playing arena dates?

I have to say, the longer NuGuns continues touring without working on new material, the more likely I feel that eventually this "band" is going to run out of steam. If Axl is faced with the prospect of starting the band from ground zero yet again vs. a reunion, I think he would be inclined to choose the latter.

1. I would be very surprised and quite apprehensive.

2. I think it would be disappointing to see guys with strong differences and who have grown away from each other team up again just for the cash grab. I would also be worried about how such a forced reunion could stain the fond memories I have of these guys back when they actually were a band of brothers who played together because they had things to prove and not just money to grab. That being said, I think it would be a great commercial success, until it broke down again.

If Axl is faced with the prospect of starting the band from ground zero yet again vs. a reunion, I think he would be inclined to choose the latter.

Never thought about it like that, but I agree. Though I think he'd be more inclined to just retire unless the reunion happened exactly how he wanted it to.

I agree completely. Only at point blank would Axl do a reunion, and perhaps not even then.

It's possible I suppose if a reunion came as late as them all being 60+ they might be willing to let him have his own way as a last ditch attempt. Not sure I ever want this scenario to happen to be honest, it already feels a bit late in the day.

I would say the only way Axl would agree to such an arrangement if he were in financial difficulty. I think he's got so use to the lavish lifestyle that that is the only way he could possibly reconcile with Slash.

I think, I would cry. Really, it would make me that happy!!!!!!

Yes, I am pathetic.

It should happen within the next 5 - 7 years to have success though. I think they sell out arena's and in some countries stadiums.

However, I would only like it a lot, if they also start writing together. That's an even bigger wish actually.

I reckon they'd probably be on about the same level (maybe a tiny bit bigger) than the Stone Roses with their reunion.
They'd certainly be able to headline any of the big UK and European rock festivals and would likely be close to a sell out of most venues on an arena tour.

At first I would be really surprised but then I would remember how bad Axl sounds and looks so I would probably close the tab and go to sleep. I would also feel bad for Slash and Duff embarrassing themselves by performing with Axl. :shrugs:

That said, reunion is never going to happen.

I would lose all respect for Axl.

It would be a disaster. You cannot recapture the past just by being onstage together. They are obviously all older and have changed over the years, as have we. I would not want to witness this car crash. It would also be disrespectful to the other guys, some have been with Axl longer than Slash and Duff were.

Edited by axlsend

It would be a disaster. You cannot recapture the past just by being onstage together. They are obviously all older and have changed over the years, as have we. I would not want to witness this car crash. It would also be disrespectful to the other guys, some have been with Axl longer than Slash and Duff were.

See Led Zeppelin's gig at the O2 (which I attended). It was magical.

That was a mutual thing though, and they were doing it for "good" reasons. If the same situation happened with Guns where it was a mutual agreement for the right purpose, a one-off reunion show would be great! If it's just a cash grab though, fuck that.

Edited by RickRoses

I don't think they could contain their animosity towards each other and it wouldn't be done for the right reasons like Led Zep.