Worst GN'R Original Song? (Apart From My World)

seely

Shotgun blues, bad apples

yup.

get in the ring at least has a killer riff before its embarrassing ringside rant. shotgun blues is just bad beginning to end - disposable riff, shitty lyrics, mediocre solo. bad apples is undermined by questionable production (axl's weird baaaaaad apples enunciation, for example). those are the only two songs i really routinely skip when i listen to the albums.

Only song i hate is irs worst song ever!

what strikes me as interesting is that it seems like people are on the same page when it comes to the worst tracks on the older records -- anything goes for appetite, get in the ring/shotgun blues/my world for UYI II, etc. -- but when it comes to Chinese Democracy, a lot of the tracks people name are other people's favourites.

i'm not sure if that's just because the album didn't have as many clear standouts (you won't find many people disputing that Sweet Child is great, for example, but a lot of people either love or hate songs like IRS) or if it's because it was divisive musically. some people 'got' songs like If the World and other people HATED them.

i personally like all of Chinese Democracy, but years later, I'd say the ones I play least are Scraped, Sorry, and Riad. not sure how anyone could hate IRS...if only for that killer scream and the guitar solo.

• Like 1

the garden

back off bitcb is a close second cause you know a juvenile wrote it but

the garden is trying to hard

back off bitch has pretty vile lyrics but they would have fit in nicely on appetite and i like the rawness of it. the original demo is a real blistering rock song. i have no problem with it, even though the lyrics are a bit embarrassing.

Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues and My World pretty much sum it up for the old band.

As for CD is think This I Love is the weakest song (lyrics are abominable)

Who could not love The Garden? Slash is absolutely on fire on that track... and So Fine-while pretty cheesey, has that wonderful solo in it.

hands down no argument because not only would you have to be deaf but musically illiterate as well...

This I Love with a Very Very close Silkworms followed by the rest of CD ...Wait just a fucken minute the thread says GNR song.. so I guess that would have to be get in the ring

hands down no argument because not only would you have to be deaf but musically illiterate as well...

This I Love with a Very Very close Silkworms followed by the rest of CD ...Wait just a fucken minute the thread says GNR song.. so I guess that would have to be get in the ring

This post is truly euphoric. I tip my mullet to you good sir.

• Like 2

Shotgun blues, bad apples

yup.

get in the ring at least has a killer riff before its embarrassing ringside rant. shotgun blues is just bad beginning to end - disposable riff, shitty lyrics, mediocre solo. bad apples is undermined by questionable production (axl's weird baaaaaad apples enunciation, for example). those are the only two songs i really routinely skip when i listen to the albums.

Only song i hate is irs worst song ever!

what strikes me as interesting is that it seems like people are on the same page when it comes to the worst tracks on the older records -- anything goes for appetite, get in the ring/shotgun blues/my world for UYI II, etc. -- but when it comes to Chinese Democracy, a lot of the tracks people name are other people's favourites.

i'm not sure if that's just because the album didn't have as many clear standouts (you won't find many people disputing that Sweet Child is great, for example, but a lot of people either love or hate songs like IRS) or if it's because it was divisive musically. some people 'got' songs like If the World and other people HATED them.

i personally like all of Chinese Democracy, but years later, I'd say the ones I play least are Scraped, Sorry, and Riad. not sure how anyone could hate IRS...if only for that killer scream and the guitar solo.

I don't get some of the hate for IRS either. I would think (at least from a casual fan pov) that it would be one of the more popular songs on the record. Monster riff, killer solo, epic vocal wail, cool lyrics, awesome chorus. Definitely my favorite rocker on the record.

I think one in a million deserves a mention not musically, but for the blatant racism and homophobia lyrically. It sort of ruins what otherwise is an amazing tune and melody.

Also, appetite features some of the worst lyrics in rock history, anything goes, my Michele, first 4 minutes of rocket queen.

First off I LOVE "Think About You".....

There really isn't a song from the original band that I don't like... I love every song on Appetite and LIES. A few songs on UYI's haven't aged so well... Maybe "Right Next Door To Hell", but I don't hate it.

WTF man?

I forgot Back Off Bitch, that's a stinker too.

I actually really like the music to back off bitch. The song had a lot of potential, its the lyrics that I can't stand. "Lying in a ditch" and all that, ranks of cheeze if you ask me. I put it as the 3rd cheeziest song gnr ever did, with my world being 1 of course. Shotgun blues is #2 with a bullet. With riad and then scraped rounding out the top 5 of gnr cheeze.

Yeah, the lyrics are what sinks BOB for sure-the rest is cool.

We finally disagree though :bitchfight:

I like Riad (demo) and Scraped.

It's funny though, everyone has different songs that they like and dislike from CD. I guess thats a good thing, shows the diversity of the album. My favs from it are sorry, twat, better, this i love, and catcher. I know a lot of people really dislike sorry and this i love, but they do sound like guns n roses to me. I do like all of the songs on the album, but riad and scraped are my least favs.

Really? Anything Goes is, IMO, a tumor in AFD. That song is probably one of the worst Guns N' Roses songs ever, if not tge worst. Think About You ain't that bad. It's better than AFD's You're Crazy and maybe in level or better than My Michelle.

the garden

back off bitch is a close second cause you know a juvenile wrote it but

the garden is trying to hard

Yeah I think Alice Cooper ruined the Garden.

well i actually like alice's parts....which i think del james wrote

trying to hard to be trippy is what i meant

you want to be be trippy go take some acid an go stare at an anthill

Anything Goes is embarrassing compared to the quality of the rest of the songs on Appetite For Destruction.

I never cared for the version of You're Crazy on that album, but the Lies version is great.

Get In The Ring should have never made it past the conversation stage of "hey, I have a great idea for this new song!"l

Shotgun Blues is pretty bad...

Back Of Bitch sounds like it was written by 13 year olds.

If The World is shockingly bad, in my opinion. Same goes for Scraped. I just can't understand how anyone could like those two songs.

Musically scraped is okay but the lyrics are cringe inducing, as well as the weird Acapella intro.

Two songs I really like that seem to be getting hate are catcher in the rye and riad. Riad's "oh my salvation" part is insane, and the rest of it has that strangeness that defines the 2002 era for me. Catcher is just Axl Rose doing Queen, and I like it.