Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Guest cbgnr666

Sixx sense mentioned this leak Tuesday. Nikki said it featured Tommy Stinson on lead and Axl on backup,so its not a real guns n roses song.

Sixx sense mentioned this leak Tuesday. Nikki said it featured Tommy Stinson on lead and Axl on backup,so its not a real guns n roses song.

If that's the case, then it means that Axl's "camp" go so furious because of two remixes of Better? Why would they get so mad about that.......unless they were planning on releasing a remix album. I suppose that in the world of GnR that would make perfect sense. For a band that has released one album in the last 20 years - instead of new music, release an album of OLD songs remixed.

And, why wouldn't Tommy had released that song earlier? If it's his song, with Axl on background (like he did for Bach).......why would Tommy put it in his vault and not release it?

nice to hear some new axl vocals.... pretty cool tune.

pretty obvious it is something tommy n the boys put together and axl decided he'd lay some vocals down.... probably took him 20 minutes

AXL GET BACK IN THE STUIDO

i dig it... would love to hear a proper version.... Tommy's voice is so buried I can understand most of what he's saying

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the best New GNR song. I'm not saying it's amazing, but it's very good. And that's better than anything on CD.

I some what agree. I personally prefer sorry, twat, better, catcher and til. But those are the nugnr songs that I really like a lot. But Going Down is really growing on me. I have it on my mp3 player so I listen to it wherever I go. It really has a nice gnr lies feel to it. Which I loved it when old gnr went acoustic. Even you aint the first, I love that song.

Going Down is easily better than half to 2/3 of cd. A lot of fans don't like TIL, but I have always felt that it is the "earthiest" song on cd. Much of cd is really over done as we all agree, but TIL is just axl, a piano, guitars, drums, and a little synth. While most of cd has a lot of everything. Going Down has that more stripped down feel to it also, which I really like. It needs to be on the next album. I'm not sure about making it the first single though, unless axl sings the whole thing. Give it a dead horse/one in a million feel if he did. But he needs the rasp, not the high voice.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the best New GNR song. I'm not saying it's amazing, but it's very good. And that's better than anything on CD.

almost in agreeance with you... i think the only song thats better... is Better lol actually i guess it depends on my mood but in general id say its up there... problem with CD is the songs are all very simular... i liked the variety in UYI 1&2... going from a song like you aint the first to back off bitch is kinda what GNR needs, its one of the reasons i fell in love with the band (yeah i love em lol) also songs like so fine and 14 years (which arent the greatest songs by any means) but it provided even more variety, and thats what going down will do if its on the next album too... so the "variety" aspect is one of the main reasons i think its a great song... sounds great too

funny story... i was at a red light yesterday blasting it and some dude was trying to get my attention, so i lowered the volume and the guy asks (in french lol) who is that ? i told him GNR and he just looked stunned lol *put the volume back up* rock3

Guest cbgnr666

Because this is a Guns N' Roses song. Whoever said that it's not got no clue.

It was Nikki Sixx who said he doesn't consider it a gnr song because it's Tommy Stinson on lead and Axl on backing.So it was just his personal opinion.

It's typical since he can't report anything Gnr related without some kind of snide remark.

Is Going Down a new song or has it been around for long?

If it is a new song how does it tie in with Bumblefoot saying no new recordings have been made? its all old CD-era stuff?

Sebastien Bach who is a close friend of Axl’s said that Chinese Democracy was supposed to be the first in a trilogy and that two more albums were supposed to come out after it and that the second one in the trilogy was supposed to come out in 2012. Do you have any details about this and can we expect some Ron Thal signed compositions?

At this point? (laughs) Erm… You know I really can’t say because there’s nothing to tell. It’s frustrating for me because there is nothing to tell about the future of G’N’R because it changes minute to minute. As far as a trilogy is concerned, I don’t know. There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs. So it’s like a big chapter in Axl’s musical life that has yet to be closed. I have no idea. I mean shit! We are supposed to tour the US in February and it’s the end of January and no one has even like…. yeah. You can’t make plans. You cannot make any plans when dealing with Guns N’ Roses. Things are just going to happen and they are not going to happen when you think that they are going to happen. That’s just how it is and it can’t be controlled, it can’t be changed. This is just how it is in G’N’R world. And you just roll with it and say “alright”. We were going to tour and then now we are not. It will happen when it is going to happen, and it does. It’s not the kind of thing where… Like if you ask me about my stuff, I can tell you all kinds of plans for the future and what’s going to happen. If you ask about G’N’R, it’s all a big question mark and it really is. It’s not like anything is being hidden, it’s just that nothing can be predicted (big laugh). It’s a weird fucking thing man! (big laugh again)

http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/flight-of-the-bumblefoot,20858

I'd say it was written/recorded around 2002/2003. Simple speculation based on two points: 1) Bucket is on it, so it's pre-2004, 2) Sounds like something that could've been on Tommy's 'Village Gorilla Head'. Maybe he wrote it for his album, Axl liked it and it was recorded by GNR. Then it was overdubbed by Bumblefoot, of course.

• 2 weeks later...