Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Rock Montreal, Live at the Bowl and Live at Wembley all arrived this morning. All 3 LP sets and oddly, none of them are gatefolds!

Halfway through Live at the Bowl and I can't get over how amazing these pressings sound. I finished Wembley earlier and it seems that it is the remastered 2003 source that they used for those. Sounds phenomenal though. I should have given my original pressing a spin back to back for comparisons but just desperate to get through these! Check out the message the seller sent me:

image.png.b56c93e639d57e33cf67cff7c8d158d8.png

I thought I was back in Ibiza with those fellas trying to sell me fake Ray Bans :lol:

That said, going for Queen on Air, A Night at the Odeon and Live at the Rainbow if he has them - there seemed to be a lot of issues with the original release of Queen on Air so I never bothered pulling the trigger on that.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 3:30 AM, RussTCB said:

I'm going to posted this one in D&N too because of GN'R connections, but the latest video is up :)

Another excellent video Russ! I forgot in my comment to include Black Sabbath's Nightwing from their Headless Cross album (My 2nd favourite Sabbath record)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I got recognized from the YouTube channel at a concert last night. I was with Kyle and the guy recognized him by voice from the show and said he never misses an episode. In short, it was the coolest thing ever lol

That is amazing! It must have been a really weird, but cool feeling.

Also, currently there is only one way to celebrate the success of Absurd, so I bought this 😂

D2283994-02D2-4652-86E5-96E420653C75.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Dean said:

That is amazing! It must have been a really weird, but cool feeling.

Also, currently there is only one way to celebrate the success of Absurd, so I bought this 😂

D2283994-02D2-4652-86E5-96E420653C75.jpeg

It was REALLY odd at first. Like I didn't know what to say lol. The dude went on about how much music he's heard because of us. As a matter of fact, he was only at the concert because he'd heard of The Lone Bellow through us. 

• Wow 1

13 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

How do you embed photos on here?

Cool set up 👍

You can automatically upload them directly when a club member mate. For other forums, I use this: https://imgbb.com

It does the same job. I’ve had a play about and I’m not too sure you can embed external images anymore.

Actually, if you upload the picture and click on it so you get full view, right click and select Copy Image address. When you paste it in here, it'll automatically embed! 

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I caught a bit of an advertisement for it on the Radio, I didn't catch who the artist was, but when I heard Knebworth and something along the lines of a certain percentage of the UK applied for tickets, I assumed Oasis. I never really took to them despite being HUGE over here, especially where I'm from. My friend is a massive mark for them, he looks like he passed through Liam Gallagher's back passage complete with parka but with a Rod Stewart 1970's shed glued on top! He tells me he has no interest in seeing them back together and much prefers Liam's solo stuff that he's put out - absolute bollocks that, I do not believe it! :lol:

I will never get over one of the film crew allegedly not pressing "record" for Queen's last ever show. How mental is that?!

What did Queen play at their last gig with Freddie Mercury? - Radio X

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Did any of you catch the All Things Must Pass anniversary release? There's an £800 boxset that was released (sound familiar?!) and has caused uproar with widespread vinyl issues with them arriving warped. Unbelievable when you're paying that sum of money.

• ABSUЯD 1

16 hours ago, Dean said:

Did any of you catch the All Things Must Pass anniversary release? There's an £800 boxset that was released (sound familiar?!) and has caused uproar with widespread vinyl issues with them arriving warped. Unbelievable when you're paying that sum of money.

Sounds like a TB release. And not just the price point, also the QC control. That is appalling. For £800 I'd expect George Harrison himself to personally hand deliver it (yes I know...).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dean said:

All Things is one of those albums I've never owned. So I looked briefly into the reissue, saw some of the prices and noped out. 

Having said that, I understand a lot of the QC issues happening in the vinyl world but all of that should NEVER apply to a boxed set in that price range. 

Vinyl is currently the golden goose of the music industry. Situations like this are going to cause them to fuck around and kill it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Sounds like a TB release. And not just the price point, also the QC control. That is appalling. For £800 I'd expect George Harrison himself to personally hand deliver it (yes I know...).

I did inquire if the boxset contained a bag of his ashes when it was sent to me originally. Obscene price.

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All Things is one of those albums I've never owned. So I looked briefly into the reissue, saw some of the prices and noped out. 

Having said that, I understand a lot of the QC issues happening in the vinyl world but all of that should NEVER apply to a boxed set in that price range. 

Vinyl is currently the golden goose of the music industry. Situations like this are going to cause them to fuck around and kill it. 

It really is obscene. That said, some of the reissues from the 70’s are relatively cheap to pick up nowadays, but I’m not so sure if there are any differences with the original. I may look into picking up one of the older pressings as George is the only Beatle I don’t own any solo material for.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:37 AM, RussTCB said:

Yup. I'll grab the vinyl.

Already got tickets to catch the doco in the cinema - music in that setting is generally awesome to listen too. Remember being blown away by the blues tunes being cranked through the audio system at my local when watching The Departed. In fact, I watched it multiple times in the theater predominately for that :P

• Like 3

New video coming today. I read something saying that noon on Thursday and 9am Saturday are the best times to release videos (in eastern time) so I'm trying it for the hell of it. 

In any case, this one will debut in 6 hours :)

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

New video coming today. I read something saying that noon on Thursday and 9am Saturday are the best times to release videos (in eastern time) so I'm trying it for the hell of it. 

In any case, this one will debut in 6 hours :)

The video is live now :)

• Like 2

Red Hot Chili Peppers' By The Way was out of stock on Amazon, but it let me buy one for £14.99. I figured it'd just get cancelled or something, but I received an email this morning saying delivery is early October! A stellar record for £14.99 is an absolute steal!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers' By The Way was out of stock on Amazon, but it let me buy one for £14.99. I figured it'd just get cancelled or something, but I received an email this morning saying delivery is early October! A stellar record for £14.99 is an absolute steal!

I've done that many times with Amazon. There was a period where shit would show up at my house that us ordered 6 - 7 months ago and completely forgot about. Bonus records! Lol

Speaking of Amazon pricing deals, I got a 2 LP set called The Monkees Live - The Mike and Mickey Show for $15 

I knew nothing about it but I like a lot of their music so I figured what the hell for 2 LPs for $15 

I did some research after it arrived and people rave about the set. It's basically Nesmith and Dolenz doing Monkees stuff on behalf of Tork and Jones, since they've passed on. 

I'm excited to spin it for the first time later tonight. 

• ABSUЯD 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've done that many times with Amazon. There was a period where shit would show up at my house that us ordered 6 - 7 months ago and completely forgot about. Bonus records! Lol

Speaking of Amazon pricing deals, I got a 2 LP set called The Monkees Live - The Mike and Mickey Show for $15 

I knew nothing about it but I like a lot of their music so I figured what the hell for 2 LPs for $15 

I did some research after it arrived and people rave about the set. It's basically Nesmith and Dolenz doing Monkees stuff on behalf of Tork and Jones, since they've passed on. 

I'm excited to spin it for the first time later tonight. 

The only Monkees record I have is Good Times! Me & Magdalena is a beautiful piece of music and when I first heard it, it was immediately one of the best songs I had heard in such a long time.

• Like 1