Yet another amazing Fortus jam...

The Glow Inc.

What a talented guitarist. Shame all his best studio work is most likely buried in a vault never to be released.

Clue that he prob played lead on unreleased songs (I'm just assuming that he's likely to fancy a GNR track that he plays heavily on :P ):

What's your favorite track from Chinese Democracy; what about GNR in general?

Favorite track from CD is probably Chinese, but it's hard to say and changes often. As far as a favorite Gn'R track... It's one YOU haven't heard yet!

From interview by SoulMonster back in 2009.

That was honestly beautiful. I don't want to get into a x vs y thing, but it does just show the talent that exists in this band, and is currently criminally underutilized. That being said, none of us here are aware about what actually goes on behind the scenes of this band. But I truly hope that some of this magic has been laid down with the intention of one day being heard by all of us.

xXx

Fortus is fuckin' unreal. They all are great in their own way. I guess that's the awesome thing about this band is that there are three very unique individuals on guitar and could make a really cool and diverse bunch of albums in the future. That's if Axl allows that to happen of course... I've always thought if Axl is no longer hungry to put new music out then this band should piss off and find another singer (Obviously not under the GnR name!) - I would support this band and go see them live when they toured. I'm not sure who would be a good singer to front the band though???? When you've had the best singing with you it would be hard to accept anything less..

Better than Chinese Democracy.

....you were all thinking it.

The biggest talent in the whole band of GN'R not being utilized is a painful thing to watch.

I totally agree

All cards in the table, if I am being totally honest this jamming over a couple of chords in E to me is sonically just as interesting if not more intresting than any guitar part on Chinese Democracy

Simple chord progression yet what he plays is soulful and effective. Fortus is the man!

Now I don't consider myself a "blues purist" in that I also like what BBF and Bucket bring to the table with the shredding and unique sounds but THIS is what we need in GNR.

Edited by WhazUp

This is not a jam or a song, it's a promotional video for a pedal maker, hence the tasty playing and tone - it's catetring to guitarists who appreciate TONE and it wants to sell pedals to the one target market left for actual tone and real music: musicians.

It's beyond sad that videos like these today are about the only way to hear Richard (and many other talented muscians) play like that. On the records and shows it all has to be 'in your face' and supercool for the attention deficit audience. Truth is, 99% of the audiences would go get a beer or take a piss if he'd play that during a show. And that's sad.

This is not a jam or a song, it's a promotional video for a pedal maker, hence the tasty playing and tone - it's catetring to guitarists who appreciate TONE and it wants to sell pedals to the one target market left for actual tone and real music: musicians.

It's beyond sad that videos like these today are about the only way to hear Richard (and many other talented muscians) play like that. On the records and shows it all has to be 'in your face' and supercool for the attention deficit audience. Truth is, 99% of the audiences would go get a beer or take a piss if he'd play that during a show. And that's sad.

No it's not. I've never paid for a concert that i'd expect to be treated to something like that. On it's own its just guitar wankery. cool guitar wankery, but guitar wankery only. However, you throw in a countermelody, fitting rhythm section, great lyrics in a powerful delivery through a nice melody, and you got yourself a song mayhaps. That I would like to see, and still continue to pay to see and hear.

Fucking awesome. Not showy, not tacky, just pure class. This is better than anything on CD. Same with DJ's Ballad of Death in my opinion. Sad all the wasted talent in this band that Axl refuses to unleash.

Once again GnR needs a new singer. Get rid of him and allow these guys to be a band.

Edited by Bono