Godzilla (2014)

Weird that Japan won't see a theatrical release until July. By then it will be heavily bootlegged. I am interested to see what they think of it. Some say he is too fat, but the Japanese Godzilla was known to be bulky at times. Others will love him, I am sure.

I just hope it will generate interest in more films. Gamera's 50th anniversary will be released next year. Toho will need to one up them.

Some say he is too fat, but the Japanese Godzilla was known to be bulky at times.

Yeah....that's what I've heard they have been complaining about...which is rather odd, considering that this Godzilla seems to be in much better shape than most Godzillas in the past.

I also have a feeling they may not like the fact that 90% of the action occurs in U.S. territory.

Edited by Kasanova King

Wow. This was pretty shit. Even after adjusting my expectations, I was still majorly underwhelmed.

And who is Kickass blowing to get these leading roles? I put more leg into it in 7th grade Drama class.

Lol at killing Bryan Cranston 20 minutes in. This movie jumped the shark before Godzilla even got out of the pacific.

Godzilla's Revenge (1969) makes me understand why they started the war on drugs.

Man, that is an awful movie, got it in a 5-movie boxset a few years back.

Watched Godzilla 2014 again, still love it. Saw it with my uncle, he loved it too, but seems to agree with most people that Bryan Cranston was killed too soon.

Godzilla's Revenge (1969) makes me understand why they started the war on drugs.

Watched Godzilla 2014 again, still love it. Saw it with my uncle, he loved it too, but seems to agree with most people that Bryan Cranston was killed too soon.

I think I've got that boxset :lol: It's like King Of The Monsters, Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla's Revenge, Rodan, and...something else?

I think I've got that boxset :lol: It's like King Of The Monsters, Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla's Revenge, Rodan, and...something else?

Yup, that's the one. Bought it when I was in the US for a summer holiday back in '11, they didn't have those films in the UK back then.

51QY0K982JL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Ultimate-Collection-Godzillas-Mechagodzilla/dp/B00006FD9J

Yup, that's the one. Bought it when I was in the US for a summer holiday back in '11, they didn't have those films in the UK back then.

51QY0K982JL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Ultimate-Collection-Godzillas-Mechagodzilla/dp/B00006FD9J

Shit, I wish my set was in better shape, I'd sell it. The lowest price on Amazon is $75 :lol:

51QY0K982JL.jpg

Shit, I wish my set was in better shape, I'd sell it. The lowest price on Amazon is $75 :lol:

WTF?! I might get on that, I think mine's still in pretty good nick... Why would people pay so much, though? They brought out that boxset a year later which swapped out Godzilla's Revenge for a King Ghidorah one AND included Gojira along with King of Monsters.

This is what I bought a few months ago

81MpR-S0eXL._SL1138_.jpg

tohocollecscicoartpic.jpg

796019815154_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg

It includes The original Gojira and Godzilla, King of the Monsters. Godzilla Raids Again and the American version Gigantis, The Fire Monster. Also includes both the Japanese and the American edits of Mothra vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster. Invasion of Astro-Monster, All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge) and Terror of Mechagodzilla.

The Toho Masters is the best of the best when it comes to DVD. I only mean this by the quality of the discs. Great commentaries, transfers and what not. The cases are cheap though.

Toho Masters also have Rodan and Mothra as well as other classics such as War of the Gargantuas and other films. They are as good as they will get until they decided to release a blu ray.

Too bad Toho are not as cool as the makers of Gamera. All twelve Gamera films are on Blu Ray. The Showa Gamera in a two volume set all restored to their best quality. No dubbing though. Subtitled only.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Yeah that top boxset is only $20 and way better than the one I have/going for $75. Hopefully these all come out on Blu-Ray thanks to the success of the new one.

I have no idea why anyone would buy the '98 Godzilla on Blu-Ray. They've even got a Mastered from 4K version.