Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Same recycled tropes and themes.

You were expecting something that didn't resemble the original trilogy? I think the success of this movie will depend on how well it captures the spirit of the original trilogy and makes us forget the prequels even happened.

I like the trailer and the prospect of Luke having turned to the dark side. And it's just so cool to see Ford in that part again and the Williams music quoted throughout (I doubt he did the actual trailer music for this).

That trailer is spolier mad. You can basically see the whole storyline.

- Nobody knows about the Jedi anymore and Luke is on sabbatical or has joined the dark side (this bit is a bit unclear)

- She and her little ball droid is arsing around on tattooine investigating old crashed ships and things (she is probably a scavenger) and discovers something from the past which has pertinence today.

- the black geezer is a stormtrooper who discovers that he has the force, but does not really known what it is and just thinks he is horny a bit, and crashes his tie fighter - or gets shot down by the bad guys.

- she hooks up with Indiana Jones who explains that the jedi are bona fide

- Probably the black guy hooks up at that point also (or perhaps he remains alone) and they go on a 'quest' to turn Luke back to the force and bring order to the galaxy

- and there is a new bad guy who is rebuilding stormtroopers and has successfully turned Luke

There is the plot. Don't bother seeing the film. Same recycled tropes and themes. Perhaps he is holding Luke captive or something else? But generally that is the plot summary.

PS

Oh yes, the black guy joins the rebels - this is clear. And maybe Luke is the new bad guy in a mask (if he has turned).

Yah pretty much everything you just said most of us have come to know since the very firts teaser trailer was released. This trailer today didn't reveal anything new hahaha! The only thing you pulled out of your ass is Luke being turned to the dark side. GTFO. You think youre so smart and gonna sit there acting all cool because you think Star Wars sucks. Seriously dud ehwta's with you going inot threads dedicated to topics you don't like. It's just stupid.

To me, Luke turning to the dark side seems fairly apparent.

There is NOTHING that suggests that. Luke more than likely has gone inot exile the way Yoda did.

I'll bet you I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'll endure five patronising Bono world peace speeches. Promise.

- Nobody knows about the Jedi anymore and Luke is on sabbatical or has joined the dark side (this bit is a bit unclear)

- She and her little ball droid is arsing around on tattooine investigating old crashed ships and things (she is probably a scavenger) and discovers something from the past which has pertinence today.

- the black geezer is a stormtrooper who discovers that he has the force, but does not really known what it is and just thinks he is horny a bit, and crashes his tie fighter - or gets shot down by the bad guys.

- Probably the black guy hooks up at that point also (or perhaps he remains alone) and they go on a 'quest' to turn Luke back to the force and bring order to the galaxy

- and there is a new bad guy who is rebuilding stormtroopers and has successfully turned Luke

There is the plot. Don't bother seeing the film. Same recycled tropes and themes. Perhaps he is holding Luke captive or something else? But generally that is the plot summary.

PS

Oh yes, the black guy joins the rebels - this is clear. And maybe Luke is the new bad guy in a mask (if he has turned).

Yah pretty much everything you just said most of us have come to know since the very firts teaser trailer was released. This trailer today didn't reveal anything new hahaha! The only thing you pulled out of your ass is Luke being turned to the dark side. GTFO. You think youre so smart and gonna sit there acting all cool because you think Star Wars sucks. Seriously dud ehwta's with you going inot threads dedicated to topics you don't like. It's just stupid.

There is NOTHING that suggests that. Luke more than likely has gone inot exile the way Yoda did.

I'll bet you I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'll endure five patronising Bono world peace speeches. Promise.

More than 3 of those in the space of the same 24 hour span can be fatal so be careful. On topic, Star Wars is a load of bollocks and anyone whoose a fuckin' grown up should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for being a fan.

PS

Then get started because you are already wrong about Luke and the planet the girl is on.

Luke has not and will not turn to the dark side. That is NOT even a remote possibility. So let me get this straight, after defeating the Emperor and refusing to turn to the dark side despite all of his father's efforts, and actually returning Anakin to the light, Luke NOW turns to the dark side???

Am I the only one that finds that scenario to be completely implausible?

- Luke is not on the dark side. He's just missing. He's a hermit.

- Everyone knows who's playing Kylo Ren. It's Adam Driver.

- I'm betting Han will die and Luke will make a minor appearance.

- I'm betting the main character is Rey, not Finn, and she might have some connection to Leia and Han.

- There will probably be two different dark forces: The knights of Ren and the Empire, with Captain Phasma and Supreme Leader Snoke.

Does this mean Boba Fett is in the new Star Wars movie? Or does Han go with Finn and Rey to Mandalore to ask the Mandalorians for help? Or is it just graffiti 12107220_10156238167535397_6790707250715

It's just an Easter egg, though according to the new canon novel Aftermath, which takes place between Return of the Jedi and this, Boba Fett is alive in the new canon.

Obviously but is it leading to something else? Are they on Mandalore in this scene? Who knows. Anyways.....

I hate when characters who died are back alive. Can't stand that shit. Darth Maul, Boba Fett whatever. they died and were brought back to life cause they looked cool. Stupid shit. As for canon as much as I love Star wars the only shit that matters is the movies in my opinion.

- I'm betting the main character is Rey, not Finn, and she might have some connection to Leia and Han.

- There will probably be two different dark forces: The knights of Ren and the Empire, with Captain Phasma and Supreme Leader Snoke.

Who thinks Finn is the main character? I thought it was obvious it was Rey. She is in the center of the poster.

Anxious to see this movie, but tickets are on sale now. It's getting to be like getting tickets for a concert.

I'm pretty sure every theatre in the Dallas area will play Star wars in most of their theatres, so I'm not worried about getting tickets.

It's crazy. I hope this movie lives up to the reputation of the original 3.

PS

You're a weird dude

:lol: I'm a weird dude because I pointed out the fact that DieselDaisy said nothing new and has some of it wrong and doesn't even like Star Wars so I point out going into threads dedicated to topics you don't like is lame? yeah I'm the weird one :facepalm:

PS

You're a weird dude

:lol: I'm a weird dude because I pointed out the fact that DieselDaisy said nothing new and has some of it wrong and doesn't even like Star Wars so I point out going into threads dedicated to topics you don't like is lame? yeah I'm the weird one :facepalm:

In actual fact I quite like the second one, Empire Strikes Back. But I'm a Trekkie - what do you expect? Star Trek is cerebral, philosophical - at its best, ''pure'' science fiction. Star Wars, in contrast, is a toy store shoot out between various squeaking animals.