New Clip Discussion

Coma16

My desire for a studio version of Silkworms has increased massively from just that 15 second clip. Good to hear that Axl said last year he wanted to release it.

And I'd bet my life it sounds nothing like the version of the song that was played at RIR in 2001...Hell, I bet my posting privileges that when the song comes out it sounds nothing like what was performed at Rio.

It'll be completely different.

That's probably a good thing though ;)

It is, the song played at Rio didn't sound like anything to get excited about. Hopefully the final version is better.

Unless you're making a crack at my profile in which I will point out that I'm not the moron who posts videos of me and Axl on Youtube with no clue where to find the "sound" button on my camera phone.

Too soon?

Err, no i was on about the Rio 01' being a load of shite, not for you not to post.

As for my sound, I guess life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending :D

Silkworms is an aweful song, if they release that as the first song, there really will be blood in the water for GNR. I want new new songs from the ashba lineup. The industrial days are long long gone, if they ever were popular. Classic rock sound please mr rose

My desire for a studio version of Silkworms has increased massively from just that 15 second clip. Good to hear that Axl said last year he wanted to release it.

And I'd bet my life it sounds nothing like the version of the song that was played at RIR in 2001...Hell, I bet my posting privileges that when the song comes out it sounds nothing like what was performed at Rio.

It'll be completely different.

That's probably a good thing though ;)

It is, the song played at Rio didn't sound like anything to get excited about. Hopefully the final version is better.

Unless you're making a crack at my profile in which I will point out that I'm not the moron who posts videos of me and Axl on Youtube with no clue where to find the "sound" button on my camera phone.

Too soon?

Err, no i was on about the Rio 01' being a load of shite, not for you not to post.

As for my sound, I guess life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending :D

f

Well said. I'll take back my cheap shot to ya due to context.

All I know is, despite hearing a lot of shit from those leaks, I do like what i heard from oh my god and silkworms. The songs sound very different from what we knew yesterday about them. Whether they leak or get released I'll be looking forward to them. Hopefully they leak since a release is just not in the plans.

Edited by ARBeast

Silkworms is like an industrialized version of something off Apppetite, what's not to like?

IRS originally sounded like that, ended up being an awkward hybrid (though there are fills here and there on the studio version that overall make me prefer to the demo).

I can only hope that this is a mix of samples that are fan made, with a real version of Silkworms put in at the end.

If I am wrong, and this is genuine, I think my 25 year affiliation with this band is well and truly over. It sounds like a blatant attempt to put an album through the 'R n' B machine' to give it more relevance in todays musical landscape. I have heavily criticised Slash over the years for his ridiculous collaborations, but in all honesty every single thing released in his name, has been Rock N' Roll. If this sees the light of day branded as GNR, its a sad day for the world, and for the history of Rock music in general. What I just heard, was over-processed pop, that makes Nickelback sound like heavy rock in comparison. Please tell me this is a fucking joke…..

I've never understood why people post asking for links, instead of sending PMs to people who are commenting on the leak. What an inefficient method! I've had ever leak since the original IRS radio recording, and have never ONCE asked for someone to PM me. I'm glad the mods are finally cracking down on this, it was really turning the forum into SHIT because 90% of the thread was just a bunch of idiots saying "PM me." how lazy and dumb can people be?

Silkworms is like an industrialized version of something off Apppetite, what's not to like?

"Was" just like amir mentioned with irs.

It's 2013. At this point if it ever gets released it won't sound anything remotely close to appetite or the illusions.

I've never understood why people post asking for links, instead of sending PMs to people who are commenting on the leak. What an inefficient method! I've had ever leak since the original IRS radio recording, and have never ONCE asked for someone to PM me. I'm glad the mods are finally cracking down on this, it was really turning the forum into SHIT because 90% of the thread was just a bunch of idiots saying "PM me." how lazy and dumb can people be?

Exactly. It's like a directional in your car when you're driving. It's there to help try to insure your safety, yet like pm's here no one wants to use them and risk their safety posting.

Use your blinker people.

To be fair, should this thread even exist if the forum wants to able to confirm and deny information with management?

The thread exists because Subs is allowing discussion of the clips. We cannot allow open trading of copyrighted material though so that's why we've made repeated requests for users to stop doing so.

To be fair, should this thread even exist if the forum wants to able to confirm and deny information with management?

The thread exists because Subs is allowing discussion of the clips. We cannot allow open trading of copyrighted material though so that's why we've made repeated requests for users to stop doing so.

What evidence do you have that any of this is copyrighted material? So you confirm that this is legit music from GNR?

What evidence do you have that any of this is copyrighted material? So you confirm that this is legit music from GNR?

As I said, I'm going by the direction given by UK and HV. Their direction is that asking for links to copyrighted material cannot be allowed.

Regardless of whether the copyright is registered with the government, the material is inherently copyrighted by its creator.

Regardless of whether the copyright is registered with the government, the material is inherently copyrighted by its creator.

Which is what? Brainbeatz.com? Does that even count?