Listening to Appetite...

classicguns4life

Haven't listened to Appetite in years. Plan to keep it that way.

You're pretty fucking cool

Appetite is so much better than Illusions that it is not even funny.

I wasn't saying that I share that opinion, just stating that it is in fact a popular opinion on this forum.

I think Appetite is one of the 5 best rock albums ever recorded.

Appetite is THE best album ever recorded

For some reason I was surprised that more people like UYI than AFD. I prefer AFD.

It tends to be the way around here. People still love Appetite, but the Illusions have more songs, plus thats when gnr went "epic".

Went "epic" or "got bloated" depending on your perspective............

For some reason I was surprised that more people like UYI than AFD. I prefer AFD.

It tends to be the way around here. People still love Appetite, but the Illusions have more songs, plus thats when gnr went "epic".

Hey don't shoot the messanger. I love the Illusions, but Appetite is PERFECT.

Appetite is so much better than Illusions that it is not even funny.

I beg to differ. I love AFD, but Illusions has much more depth- lyrically, emotionally, and musically. Shows how the band grew and evolved- for better or worse. I think they're both equally honest and valid in artistic terms.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Hey don't shoot the messanger. I love the Illusions, but Appetite is PERFECT.

Not busting on you mate just offering a different perspective as some critics thought the UYI albums were bloated as was the stage shows for that tour...................

The good thing about Use Your Illusion is that they went for different styles, and you just don't hear those songs as much on the radio or on TV etc. Appetite is the better record, but the songs have been played to death. Occasionally I'll hear it like I did the other night and love it like I did the first time I heard it, but overall I find it so much easier to listen to the Illusions as I love the sound of GNR growing and those songs have been played less that I still get into them a lot.

This is one of the all time best rock and roll albums ever! I still listen to it from beginning to end often. It rocks!

The best GNR album ever. Every song rocks even the ones that never get played live. The chemistry of this band was awesome. One of the best eras in rock history. So glad I was there to see it and hear it when it was released. I still have this in album form.