Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

RHCP plays 3 minutes of pre-recorded music in a 20+ years carreer and Axl thinks that's funny enough to name a tour... Just priceless.

What makes you so certain that has anything to do with the name for the residency, if that is in fact the name? Did I miss some confirmation of the link between the name and that incident?

Ali

Their hashtag #GNRNoTrickery is a clear reference to Flea's tweet of "No Trickery".

And it's a really, really stupid name. I love lame jokes as much as anyone else but only about 5 people at the shows will "get it" and none of them will find it funny :/

RHCP plays 3 minutes of pre-recorded music in a 20+ years carreer and Axl thinks that's funny enough to name a tour... Just priceless.

What makes you so certain that has anything to do with the name for the residency, if that is in fact the name? Did I miss some confirmation of the link between the name and that incident?

Ali

Their hashtag #GNRNoTrickery is a clear reference to Flea's tweet of "No Trickery".

And it's a really, really stupid name. I love lame jokes as much as anyone else but only about 5 people at the shows will "get it" and none of them will find it funny :/

I must have missed that Flea tweet. I don't follow him at all on Twitter.

We'll see if that is in fact the name tomorrow morning, I suppose.

Ali

god some of you are so negative it's unreal -- It's a name of a tour/residency for fuck sake, jesus Christ. Mind, it could have been called anything and some of you whinny fuckers would moan. :)

Name of a tour can mean a lot, though. I mean, who here wouldn't be more excited if it was "[iNSERT NEW ALBUM NAME HERE] TOUR"? It just seems to be another indicator of being content with nostalgia. I really hope we get those 2 to 3 new songs this year, I really do.

• Like 1

god some of you are so negative it's unreal -- It's a name of a tour/residency for fuck sake, jesus Christ. Mind, it could have been called anything and some of you whinny fuckers would moan. :)

Who is moaning? I am actually laughing, laughing at how lame it is.

I doesn't really matter what it's called. It's just a little weird that they seem to be so hung up on the rhcp thing. Maybe they view it as a good marketing angle which on one level it is if the gameplan was to find something vaguely controversial to hook into and build momentum for the residency on the back of it. It certainly explains Axl's new found love of twitter.

On another level it's a bit of a cop out when they could have generated interest on the back of a new release. I know three new songs have been mentioned and a possible setlist mash up but these things are hardly concrete, it's like they are too scared to do more than dip their toes in the water when it comes to believing in their abilities as creative output. Instead we get a load of gimmicky nonsense. I find it a bit sad, I love CD and would love them to get behind a new album (arguements about how financially viable this is aside).

I'm not a fan of this name, if it in fact is the name for the residency. But, to me, what ultimately matters is not the name of the show, but the show itself. On that basis, I agree with you 100%.

Well, good news is that everyone who booked flights etc. doesn't need to worry, start and end dates match those that Rick got from the receptionist.

I'm still waiting on the official press release before booking my hotel room and purchasing tickets for the shows and flights.

I hope they have some kind of deal or promotion on hotel reservations for those going to the shows.

Ali

Edited by Ali