Queen + Adam Lambert to tour North America this Summer!

Powerage5

Fuck yeah ! I'm super psyched! I'll be at the Detroit gig ! Adam sounds good on the material.is it really queen? Not really but its Brian and Roger playing the tunes i love so that's enough for me.wish john still played with them

My wife seems iffy on it because the Detroit date falls on our anniversary, but I'm certain I can convince her it's a good idea :)

Ha! That isn't the best timing. Chicago isn't too far of a drive, though

Update:

Ticket Master and Live Nation have Detroit as 06/12, NOT 07/12. Also, prices are $46-$143 including fees.

If I can find tickets for under 40-50 bucks, I'll hit the DC gig. Q+PR is hands down one of the 4 or 5 best shows I have ever seen. Better than the Stones, better than Pearl Jam, on par with GNR. The tickets were pretty pricey and the (small) stadium was pretty empty (lower bowl was 4/5 full, upper deck probably 2/3 empty). Hoping they'll drop ticket prices this time around. Not in a position to spend much, but I would totally catch this one on the cheap

Agreed on Q+PR, they were fantastic. Even though Paul Rodgers is one of my favorite singers, I'm equally excited by Queen + Adam Lambert :)

The live stuff I've heard with Adam, I think he's got a range that matches the demands of Queen's material better than Paul's did. That being said, Paul did an admirable job of adapting the vocals to his style. Kind of like the difference between Scott Weiland and Myles Kennedy doing GNR songs with Slash.

Fuck yeah ! I'm super psyched! I'll be at the Detroit gig ! Adam sounds good on the material.is it really queen? Not really but its Brian and Roger playing the tunes i love so that's enough for me.wish john still played with them

My wife seems iffy on it because the Detroit date falls on our anniversary, but I'm certain I can convince her it's a good idea :)

Update:

Ticket Master and Live Nation have Detroit as 06/12, NOT 07/12. Also, prices are $46-$143 including fees.

Huh, that doesn't make sense since the press release says the tour kicks off in Chicago a week later. Maybe TM made a typo?

Update:

Huh, that doesn't make sense since the press release says the tour kicks off in Chicago a week later. Maybe TM made a typo?

Oh I know, it's confusing. Both Live Nation and Ticketmaster have the Detroit date as 06/12 though. Who knows. Either way, I'm in.

• Like 1

If I can find tickets for under 40-50 bucks, I'll hit the DC gig. Q+PR is hands down one of the 4 or 5 best shows I have ever seen. Better than the Stones, better than Pearl Jam, on par with GNR. The tickets were pretty pricey and the (small) stadium was pretty empty (lower bowl was 4/5 full, upper deck probably 2/3 empty). Hoping they'll drop ticket prices this time around. Not in a position to spend much, but I would totally catch this one on the cheap

Agreed on Q+PR, they were fantastic. Even though Paul Rodgers is one of my favorite singers, I'm equally excited by Queen + Adam Lambert :)

The live stuff I've heard with Adam, I think he's got a range that matches the demands of Queen's material better than Paul's did. That being said, Paul did an admirable job of adapting the vocals to his style. Kind of like the difference between Scott Weiland and Myles Kennedy doing GNR songs with Slash.

The difference is that Scott and Miles weren't singing under the GNR banner, so they had the luxury of choosing which songs best fit them. Singing at a Queen show there are many songs that are absolutely expected.

I saw Adam Lambert on his first US tour and although the guy is so damn pretty and has an awesome voice, his stage presence wasn't really too good.

I hope now that Queen one of the all time greatest rock bands of all time has hired him to be their singer for a full tour, I really hope he has more personality because with this band you need it.

I mean all the amazing Queen songs he will sing. No one can replace Freddie Mercury, but you got to have some kind of awesomeness singing for Queen.

I think he'll do better than the legendary Paul Rogers.

Wish Adam Lambert did more rock music. Only good thing to come out of American Idol. His Whole Lotta Love was killer, and I was blown away by the MTV European Awards performance with Queen, really wish I'd seen them in London but I went to see GNR in Serbia instead and the concert wasn't that great :/ (though Duran Duran were AWESOME). But his solo career's just all this crappy electropop, even the songs he did with Nile Rodgers aren't any good.

Wonder if Slash ever asked him to join VR?

I'm so going to the Toronto show. Queen is the last major band on my hit list that I've yet to see and it'll be worth it for Brian May alone. I can't wait! I was pumped when I heard the announcement today on the radio.

David Bowie is the last artist on mine pretty much. Too bad he'll probably never tour again :(

If they come back to Europe I'll go. Even if it's just so I can say I saw Brian May live.

Not gonna lie, that's a big part of it for me.

Absolutely. :)

I'd love to hear Marc Martel instead of Adam, but he can handle most of the material pretty well even though he uses too much falsetto to hit high notes, lacks raw power and the rock grit, and oversings most songs with his annoying vibrato.

If they come back to Europe I'll go. Even if it's just so I can say I saw Brian May live.

Not gonna lie, that's a big part of it for me.

Absolutely. :)

I'd love to hear Marc Martel instead of Adam, but he can handle most of the material pretty well even though he uses too much falsetto to hit high notes, lacks raw power and the rock grit, and oversings most songs with his annoying vibrato.

Yes. Marc Martel is awesome!

• Like 1

I'm so going to the Toronto show. Queen is the last major band on my hit list that I've yet to see and it'll be worth it for Brian May alone. I can't wait! I was pumped when I heard the announcement today on the radio.

David Bowie is the last artist on mine pretty much. Too bad he'll probably never tour again :(

I was beginning to think the same for Queen. I figured one-off shows and festivals weren't out of the question but considering the last Queen/Paul Rodgers tour didn't hit North America in early 2010 like it was supposed to and they already missed the 40th Anniversary I figured any greater tour plans of North America were out of the question. I'm glad I was wrong, and Adam Lambert gets me even more pumped. I've got both Rodgers DVDs and they're pretty damn good, but I agree with your earlier post that someone about it just doesn't feel like Queen.