Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

They've been a joke to me since a few shows after Rio. I was willing to write off Rio as Axl's warmup show where he's bound to suck, but after a few shows it was clear that the fat was here to stay.

yup, my thoughts precisely.

Haha I love the "Defenders of the Faith" Why do some people even bother defending this shit show. They are a joke. It's beyond pathetic. They don't even remotely try to etch out their own legacy they simply live off the past, a past all but one of them had absolutely NOTHING to do with. LEECHING is what they are doing.

• Like 2

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The disease overtook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA 2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?

I'm done. I made the best choice canceling my trip to Brasilia. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired. Really. Better, much better, is going to LOLapalooza in São Paulo, and watch Soundgarden and NIN.

The guys should at least be ashamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.

Could not agree more. This current line up is a parody. I used to be down about Bucket and Robin leaving because I love what they brought to the table but now I realize that leaving was the only choice for them as Axl cannot lead a band to save his life. It is a fucken trainwreck of monumental proportion.

Haha I love the "Defenders of the Faith" Why do some people even bother defending this shit show. They are a joke. It's beyond pathetic. They don't even remotely try to etch out their own legacy they simply live off the past, a past all but one of them had absolutely NOTHING to do with. LEECHING is what they are doing.

What are you talking about? Guys like Dizzy, Frank and Pitman could leave at anytime and play at... the local pub... On Thursdays... :P

• 4 weeks later...

The band has been a joke to many people since 2001, when Axl tried to pass a guy wearing a cardboard bucket from a fast food chicken chain as a hat .

As opposed to what? a guy wearing a Black top hat and his hair covering his face like cousin IT?

goof

Since when did Axl ever pretend to be the epitome of class? The way he dressed wasn't uncommon for the time. Spandex and bike shorts were quite normal. Maybe you can shed some light on when wearing a fast food bucket on your head and talking to a hand puppet or sporting garbage bags and looking like a lesbian alien from planet freak wasn't considered fucking stupid.

I'm sure there's a point there somewhere...

Little Miss Hater gonna hate

Edited by shades

Let's see:

Axl: Used to be a force of nature on-stage with actual GNR. Now? Incredibly out of shape, apathetic, can't go anywhere without his bizarre "mommy figure". JOKE.

DJ: Um yeah. JOKE.

BBF: Constantly complains about his position but will never leave because he knows his videogame wheedly-whee garbage shred won't make even $5k a year. JOKE.

Fortus: Does exactly what he's told, as long as he keeps getting that sweet paycheck. JOKE.

Pitman/Del/Dizzy/random leeches: yes, JOKES, every one of them.

Frank: Who cares.

Tommy: "I hate GNR". Plays Duff's basslines for the bulk of his music career. JOKE.

So yeah, in summary, nu-GNR has buried the old band, TWAT is the most legendary classic of all time, and this band is seriously incredible.

Not a joke. Because they still have some great musicians. They still have Axl. I still love CD, the one album Axl has managed to release in the past 20 years.

Their management team and whoever makes decisions on how to run the band.....yes, they and that is a complete joke. And it is a shame, because I think this actual band could kick a lot of ass if they were just allowed to do so.

Why and when did Axl lose his drive, his passion, his will to succeed?

GnR is like the talented boxer who was once the heavyweight champion of the world but got beat and lost his title.

He is still young enough and talented enough to make another run at the championship..........but instead seems afraid to put it all on the line and fight the current top contenders, and instead is content just beating up on mediocre and below-average fighters so he can pad his bank account before retirement.

"Champ, we can get a fight with the number one contender. Beat him and you can have another title shot."

"Naw......schedule me a fight with James Bonecrusher Smith instead."

It's this for me, Axl's last chance for a statement performance to show the world this band has what it takes to step out of three sets of shadows is the golden gods, debut a new song, state an album's coming out, throw three of them into the resulting tour alongside three CD songs, voila... but I have my doubts for some strange reason...

Every chance was given to you Axl, ball's in your court for one last throw of the dice.

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to. Oh, did Slash put a stop to that one too?? Can't even train vocals for a tour. Axl is nothing without the old guys. I love Chinese Democracy and the music Axl makes, but the last 15 years have proven that he can't handle running Guns on his lonesome.

Not at all. They released a good record six years ago and have been touring successfully since then. A joke would be a band no one was interested in listening to.

They released a mediocre record six years ago, a record that was in the works since the mid 90s and have been touring in places that still welcome them, South America and Vegas. Considering how Axl wanted to move on and bury the old band, yeah, this is a joke. At least it makes me laugh a lot.

I think it becomes a bit of a joke for us that follow their every move online. I saw them in 06 but I'd be very excited to go see them live if they come to Europe any time soon.

It's not that strange if Axl don't wanna release more material for now. Maybe not that many would care so much anyway, even if I would.

I think that the biggest joke is that Axl doesn't seem to keep his voice in shape between tours and that he's let himself go so much, physically.

There is no band that I'd rather see put out an album in 2014 than GnR.

Of all the bands I love and follow, I'd put a new GnR album at the top of the list.

With that said......wish the band cared more about creating and sharing new music with their fans, as opposed to just being a touring band.

• Like 2

At least VR became the most joke band in our eyes ,they still searching for new frontman :lol: ,at the same time Axl band they don't know why they exist,they are a tribute band,they don't want to release anything new,dvd,new music etc and just doing some touring here and there.

Edited by Majestic Beast