If you were granted a private one on one audience with W.Axl Rose, what would you say/do?

Cheers, Amir, great stuff. I'd read all that stuff at the time and didn't take it very seriously because I could never have believed there's be zero sign of a 2nd album over 5 years after Chinese.

But in the context of today, this bit is REALLY worrying:

Q. How much material is there?

A. Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

If things go well?!!! So in other words, back then, nevermind now looking at how dejected and uninspired he is, he would be content if he maybe was able to put out one more record before he's done.

Jesus.

I guess he's just tired after fighting so many battles, and he's probably lost a lot of confidence in the existing material that he's whittled down what would have been the ChiDem trilogy to a double, and even now it sounds like he wants to pad out the next (and in his words most likely final) album with a few new songs. Then he'll tour that for a few years, and that'll be the end.

Not the ending I think Axl or any of use had hoped for :/ But "life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense."

• Like 1

When he originally said that 'life doesn't owe you your own happy ending' quote he was specifically referring to those who wanted a reunion. He didn't mean those of us that wanted the new band to succeed and be on album number 4 or 5 by now. But now I think he'd probably say the same thing about us anyway. After all, we're just 'idiots.'

And on that:

Q.When's the next album?

A.Have no idea and don't care. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

Axl, if you're reading this, for that sentiment above, you are a fucking complete and utter wanker.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I'd love Jarmo's job. Dude gets to follow my favorite band in the world on tour.

Really? For that matter I would´ve loved Marc Canter´s job. He was there with the original line up, a friend of all of them. He got Axl playing NR at his wedding.

I find it depressing to be around Axl and his entourage these days.

• Like 1

I would ask him about Slash and reunion and don't give a fuck if he gets angry :lol: And also say to him that we are not leaving this room until you and Slash speak to each other and that Axl is my hostage until then :rofl-lol:

Edited by gunnari

when i met Duff i gave him kind of a hug, compared my tattoo with his and said i adore him, got my AFD signed and asked him how his family was doing lol that was in 2 minutes i suppose.

With Axl idk what i would do, i'd probably cry of happiness, give him a good hug, give him a beer and force him to have a few with me lol, I would talk about cars like what his favorites are and which ones he had, and ask about his animals and stuff and just talk about what he enjoys to do and his interests and talk about funny drunk stories i experienced and he experienced or something, and i would ask how his relation with Steven Tyler is if they ever talk or so and i would ask him about his friendship with Izzy and special story's about their friendship and stuff. Also i would talk about his music how he feels about the lyrics he wrote and stuff

Unless you're Warchild or somebody else that is obsessed with Axl personally, a personal audience is worth nothing. My ideal situation would be a private GNR performance for the hardcores (where they play the songs the retarded general population don't want to hear).

• Like 1

If you had 5 minutes alone in person (not some lame filtered chat) with Axl free of the distractions of Dj ™ Ashba's ™#SWAG ™and with no appearances by Team Brazil, what would you say to the man? Would you let him know he inspired you? Would you tell him he's given you hours of happiness? Would you dare to ask him about Slash and a reunion or unreleased songs?

Or would you go full-ALI and attempt to get /Jarmo's position in the camp. Maybe we have some lawyers/business/entertainment professionals who can help Axl to regain world domination. Would you lick his sack with kind nut-swinging words as so many on here do and hope for party passes ™

Would some of our younger posters have the balls to Gn'R-educate ™ Axl even though they were barely around back in the day&have learned the Gn'R story through revisionist history.

So my fellow Gunners. What would you do during those five minutes. Keep in mind, do not be afraid. If Axl hits a fan then you can sue and maybe get an unreleased song as part of the settlement. If this topic isn't cool we can go back to bitching about how fat a 52 year old man is and how bad he sounds on shitty youtube videos made by out of tune screaming Brazilians who have the best of intentions.

Yet another topic that I'm in the middle on. Based on everything I've seen from Axl besides the last 4 years or so, I'd love to tell the dude he's the best front man of all time. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be yet another person who just gives him a stamp of approval of sorts for the things that have gone on (or not) since CD's release.

I'd just ask him how life's treating him and thank him for the music.

It's hard to get into why the music matters in a conversation unless you're writing a letter, because it's something he's probably heard every day of his life. You're not going to hit someone up with a thousand questions when you're face to face with them, unless you actually get to spend a lot of time with them.

When you feel like everybody's against you and you're angry at the world and all that, it's a great soundtrack. Also when you're going through a breakup, some of the songs are pretty cathartic. They have meaning to them you might not have picked up just listening to it on a road trip or background music.

And tell him he's never done anything wrong in my eyes.

Nothing at all creepy about that.

He is my favorite rock singer of all time as well. And I listen to GnR more than all other bands combined.

But he has never done anything wrong? Even Axl would tell you that he has.

Going on stage hours late? Not showing up for shows? Cancelling shows and tours? The show when Hetfield got burned? Refusing to promote CD when it came out? How long it took to release CD? One album in the last 20 years? The revolving door of musicians? The embarrassing Madison rant? The Hall of Fame debacle? The lack of material he has released (albums, dvds, videos, etc)? You thought the Rio yellow rain jacket performance was great? The forgetting of lyrics to Patience and butchering Nov Rain - his baby?

I would thank him for all the amazing music he has shared with us over the last 25 years.

I would tell him that there are still millions of fans that would LOVE to hear new music from him. And to please release a boxset this year of all the old unreleased material, and package it together with an album from the current band.

And then wish him success.

Edited by Groghan

1. I would thank him for his music and would tell him that he is one of my favorite singers/lyricists.

2. I'd ask him if he is ever going to release new music, why doesn't he play more UYI songs and how he prepares for tours.

3. As a bonus questions, I'd ask him why he didn't go solo.

Ok… I'll play along. If I had a one one on audience with Axl Rose, I wouldn't bring up the new band vs old band thing. Why would I? I'd thank him for making such amazing albums like AFD and UYII and basically annoy the fuck out of him by telling him how much I admired him back in his heyday and that he was one of my heroes growin up, I'd ask him to sign my Cds and basically have a nice chat with him about the band and his music.

• Like 1

I really want to know more about the songs we have on ChiDem, how the project came about, inspirations, etc. We know the title track came from watching Kundun, was that the starting point? He already seems to have had an idea in his mind about the kind of album he wanted to make before that.

Lot of phony tough and crazy brave at work in this thread.

The real world answer is that I'd probably tell him that he's my favorite singer ever and I love his work. Which is what EVERYONE would say.

We seem to have a bunch of people that think they are going to corner him and channel their inner Mike Wallace, but that's all fantasy.

• Like 3